Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Figster said:

I just played this on my phone and my wife, only hearing the audio, asked, “What is that? Is that a video of people invading the capital?”

I said no, the last play of the Bills game!

She said, “Oh, it sounded like Braveheart!”

Hahaha

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Yes went back to watch some of last years game...

1. we did stay in our "base" 4-3 defense alot...good call on Zo.  Yeah will be interesting if we go with Klein or stay in nickle with Taron.  

2. Tremaine played a real great game, physical downhill tackling.  

3. We blitzed Lamar quite a bit on 3rd downs, primarily to take away rushing lanes IMO

4. Star did play well too, im a bit worried about getting pushed around in the middle.  Our 5 man rotation needs to step up

5. Bmore runs a ton of cover 0, Josh needed to put some more touch on his deep passes.  At least try to draw interference

6. Motor was a beast.  I know Bmore added some studs to that front, so I don't expect t to be able to run like we did.  I'm all for getting our RBs involved in thr passing game

7. We need to score early.  Its been mentioned, but make Lamar come from behind.  

8. Give Smoke 2-3 deep ball shots.  We tried to connect with him and Foster last yr, just 1 connection might change that defensive aggressiveness

That was one of our Achilles Heels last year.  Wink Martindale saw that Allen struggled to throw deep and the Bills couldn't run a screen pass to save their lives so we had no solutions to Cover 0.  When it wasn't Cover 0 that disguised/delayed blitz or "amoeba" front that NE and Miami and AZ all ran against us (or sometimes both).  Even when Allen solved it, it slowed his processing and allowed their pressure time to get home.

I think things may be different this year.

One of the things that Baltimore did was to knock Smoke off his routes.  They are physical and grabby all the way down the field because they know it won't always be called.  I think (maybe I just hope) that Diggs and Davis are different players to try that against.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Yes went back to watch some of last years game...

1. we did stay in our "base" 4-3 defense alot...good call on Zo.  Yeah will be interesting if we go with Klein or stay in nickle with Taron.  

2. Tremaine played a real great game, physical downhill tackling.  

3. We blitzed Lamar quite a bit on 3rd downs, primarily to take away rushing lanes IMO

4. Star did play well too, im a bit worried about getting pushed around in the middle.  Our 5 man rotation needs to step up

5. Bmore runs a ton of cover 0, Josh needed to put some more touch on his deep passes.  At least try to draw interference

6. Motor was a beast.  I know Bmore added some studs to that front, so I don't expect t to be able to run like we did.  I'm all for getting our RBs involved in thr passing game

7. We need to score early.  Its been mentioned, but make Lamar come from behind.  

8. Give Smoke 2-3 deep ball shots.  We tried to connect with him and Foster last yr, just 1 connection might change that defensive aggressiveness

Good stuff. One thing to note is that they didn't have Calais Campbell last year, and he's really good. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Reading some Ravens posts on Twitter, Ravens fans seem to think they'll pound the bills. Others think if they shut down Diggs they can win easily. 

I've been on the board and their fans aren't different than ours.  The Bills seem to be getting plenty of respect if you ask me.

22 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I agree that we have to be more effective at running and stopping the run if we want to move forward to the AFCCG and beyond. Not world beaters, but better. On the defensive side, I think it mostly comes down to better tackling. That’s fixable. However, I think we’re also size challenged up front on the D line. Not much we can do about that now. 

I just looked up Motor’s stats from the Texans game - 13 for 58 (4.5 YPC) and 6 receptions for 76 (he was actually our leading receiver 😢). Of course Josh also had 9 for 92 on the ground that game which helped. But, we’ll be ok if we can get similar production out of Singletary on a YPC basis. As much as I’d like to see Yeldon, this is a chin strap game, and I might lean toward the more physical player in Williams to sub Motor. 

The 19 Ravens game they did not rush Josh much...very odd only 2 rushes for 9....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billybob71 said:

Lamar gonna get his big plays against Bills D, Joshy gonna get his big plays against Ravens D. Gonna come down to who gets more. 

I think the bills need to play this game the same way as the Seattle game. Keep your foot on the gas all game. Need better starting field position too

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, eball said:

I feel better about this game than I did about the Colts.  Take it for what it's worth.

I feel better watching the 2019 game. Forgot how close it was. Josh was bad, but just over 100 yards passing, and game winner / tie was pretty close to smoke. Not sure why we didnt run Josh more that game. We had like only 200 yards total offense but held them to like 250.

I dont see Josh being held down to that stat line this time around.

Edited by RichRiderBills

33 minutes ago, eball said:

I feel better about this game than I did about the Colts.  Take it for what it's worth.

Yeah in hindsight the Colts were a really bad matchup for us. On offense they had a strong run game and an intelligent vet QB who wasn't fooled by our disguised coverages. On defense they play a lot of zone and could get pressure only rushing 4. I'm expecting us to do better on both sides of the ball against the ravens. 

7 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Yeah in hindsight the Colts were a really bad matchup for us. On offense they had a strong run game and an intelligent vet QB who wasn't fooled by our disguised coverages. On defense they play a lot of zone and could get pressure only rushing 4. I'm expecting us to do better on both sides of the ball against the ravens. 

We need more than Allen and Diggs in the highlight reel or we're going to lose.

• Like (+1) 1