Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Is Edmunds fast enough to spy Lamar all game? Feel free to tell me that's a terrible idea, I kind of think it might be. 

He is fast enough just not a sure tackler. Same with Milano, our LBs do miss more tackles than I would like.

Why is everyone focusing on just Jackson in this game?  Edwards and Dobbins are the other two elements.  They all run the ball behind a behemoth of a FB.  Fine, keep Lamar in the pocket if you can on pass plays, but the Ravens run a lot of plays where Lamar stuffs the ball into the gut of both Edwards and Dobbins and then pulls it out for the keeper or leaves it there.  Tennessee had increasing difficulty figuring out whom to crash down on.  That run game with pulling guards and tackles is what makes them so potent.  Buffalo is going to get gashed all game long by this play.  The offense is going to need to out point them.  This has 200 yards rushing written all over it.  Watching the Tennessee game, Tennessee did a good job of taking away Andrews.  Best I have seen all year.  So Jackson found Brown mostly and Boykin somewhat.  The other thing I noticed was Tennessee left Ricard (FB) open in the flat and he made some big catches from there.  I get it, let the FB beat you rather than the TE or WR.  It's going to be an interesting chess match.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

49 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Not really understanding the worry. If the offense does its job (it should), they have ZERO ability to keep up.

I'd have been much more worried about Tennessee

When two teams with completely different styles line up, it’s hard to judge what’ll happen.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Cray51 said:

Another thing helping us this year compared to last year - our RB's have been vastly improved blockers, and our line as a whole is better at picking up blitzes compared to last year.

Good Point - I'd just like to add that Josh's understanding of his protection schemes (with audibles at the line in response to what the defense shows) has significantly elevated our offense as well.

I just did a slow watch of Titans - Ravens.

1) I always thought Tannehill was pretty good getting away from pressure but he's like a statue compared to JA. 

Compared to JA, he's immobile and the result was dink and dunk, along with Henry running into a wall.

Josh will extend the play and hit some big ones and there will be big plays to be had, for sure.

2) Shotgun > under center.  Pass, pass, pass.  Run only if Josh's arm needs a rest.

3) If Daboll calls an uber conservative game like Arthur Smith did, we'd run him out of town.

4th and 2 with 10 minutes left in the game at Ravens 41 and they punt.  Ravens eat up 6 minutes of clock.  No guts, no glory.

4:14 left in the game and it took them 2 minutes to get 10 yards.  They did their best to run out the clock on themselves.

I think we win by > 10.

• Like (+1) 2

Crazy note for this weekend: 

Average age of AFC starting QB’s: 24.5

Average age of NFC starting QB’s: 37

Crazy disparity in the landscape of young star QB’s in the league right now. 

1 minute ago, hemma said:

I just did a slow watch of Titans - Ravens.

1) I always thought Tannehill was pretty good getting away from pressure but he's like a statue compared to JA. 

Compared to JA, he's immobile and the result was dink and dunk, along with Henry running into a wall.

Josh will extend the play and hit some big ones and there will be big plays to be had, for sure.

2) Shotgun > under center.  Pass, pass, pass.  Run only if Josh's arm needs a rest.

3) If Daboll calls an uber conservative game like Arthur Smith did, we'd run him out of town.

4th and 2 with 10 minutes left in the game at Ravens 41 and they punt.  Ravens eat up 6 minutes of clock.  No guts, no glory.

4:14 left in the game and it took them 2 minutes to get 10 yards.  They did their best to run out the clock on themselves.

I think we win by > 10.

Your mouth to God’s ears. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I wish we had Star.  I feel like the line is night & day without him, especially against the run.

Oh, well - I feel like our D has something to prove after the Colts game.  Hopefully we see a different unit this Saturday. 

After reading that first sentence, I wish we still had signatures and the ability to put quotes in them

Edmunds was more effective against the run this year when he was playing at the LOS. His length advantage isn’t sacrificed against that TE short pass offense when he’s along the line either. It won’t be a surprise to see him up and holding one of the edges regularly against the Ravens. For the most part it seems our tackling issues have been against physical runners and not against finesse runners like Jackson who rely on elusiveness versus power. The Ravens may be almost tailor made for setting our D up for a good outing against the run.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

On a side note, if I hear the "I'm a little tea pot" commercial on WGR again, I'm going to lose my f***ing mind

Almost ALL commercials these days are annoying and awful. Funny thing is, there was a time when they were clever and humorous enough to overcome their built in annoyance. Seems to have infected greeting cards as well. 

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

They are healthy now. What about that game yesterday? That sure looked like an elite defense.

Tanny killed them in the first quarter throwing the ball.  Why the Titan's got away from that is the 8th wonder of the world.

58 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Is Edmunds fast enough to spy Lamar all game? Feel free to tell me that's a terrible idea, I kind of think it might be. 

Edmunds ran a 4.54.  Jackson never ran a timed 40 at a combine, but claims he's a 4.34.  but Edmunds will be in front of him.  Close call.

2 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Tanny killed them in the first quarter throwing the ball.  Why the Titan's got away from that is the 8th wonder of the world.

Certainly by the 4th Davis was out, but Jonnu was still there.  They went after Humphreys early with Brown, but they got away from it.  There was just this stubbornness that they could get Henry going.  It didn't happen.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

I was FURIOUS at Roberts when he opted to return that ball from halfway into the end zone near the sideline. He was hemmed in due to the sideline and had nowhere to go or maneuver. It was an absolutely asinine decision by an experienced, Pro Bowl returner and put the offense in an unnecessary hole.

Likely influenced by McKenzie's punt return for a TD, wanted to show that he had it, too. Hopefully he got it out of his system. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t have last year’s Ravens game on the DVR anymore lol, anyone remember who spied Jackson in that game. Edmunds had a good day iirc. How about snap counts? How big was Lawson, Phillips , Star etc. I still think many elements of that game plan will be used , with a few wrinkles by McD / Frazier because the Ravens are mostly the same. Other players on our D will have to step into those roles, but curious how it was done. I think Poyer or Hyde blew the coverage on the big catch and run TD by their TE.