Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I am pretty reserved about this game and not very confident, which in a way, allows me to go into it less nervous. 

Not really understanding the worry. If the offense does its job (it should), they have ZERO ability to keep up.

I'd have been much more worried about Tennessee

• Like (+1) 2

We are so gonna beat their azses

Go Bills!!!

Lamar killed Tennessee on broken down pass play runs.  He was good on their designed run stuff, but THE play, and a few others were simply Lamar escaping the pocket and running.  

It is imperative that we have a disciplined pass rush.  Hughes, Addison etc cannot go screaming off the edge and run themselves out of the picture.  

I'd focus on limiting the run (obviously), but then slow play the pass rush - especially off the edge... just keep Lamar in the pocket and force him to throw.  

In passing situations, keep a spy on Lamar and use that guy to blitz occasionally. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Lamar killed Tennessee on broken down pass play runs.  He was good on their designed run stuff, but THE play, and a few others were simply Lamar escaping the pocket and running.  

It is imperative that we have a disciplined pass rush.  Hughes, Addison etc cannot go screaming off the edge and run themselves out of the picture.  

I'd focus on limiting the run (obviously), but then slow play the pass rush - especially off the edge... just keep Lamar in the pocket and force him to throw.  

In passing situations, keep a spy on Lamar and use that guy to blitz occasionally. 

Addison worries me a ton.  He should time and time again during the season that he bites hard on zone reads.  

Would it be good for this team to feel a little overmatched going in? The underdog mentality seemed to work well late in the season, with all the "tough" games at the end that they won going away. Seemed like the Bills played with something to prove. Hoping that the closeness of the Colts game, along with all the talk about how Balt can run all over us, will light some fires this week.

• Like (+1) 1

Defending the Ravens is completely about doing your specific assignment , discipline and sure tackling. No hero ball on defense this week. McD and Frazier came up with a great scheme last season and this year’s Ravens aren’t much different on that side of the ball. They’ll do it again; will the players execute ? One blown assignment cost the Bills last years game , but this year’s Bills have a much better offense so a bigger margin for error. Weather permitting , of course. 

22 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Not really understanding the worry. If the offense does its job (it should), they have ZERO ability to keep up.

I'd have been much more worried about Tennessee

I think a lot of it is narrative, tbh.  People are just being told, over and over, how scary they are... and now they believe it.  

I didn't come away from that Titans game overly concerned about what I saw on the field.  Tough matchup for sure... but so are the Chiefs and Browns.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

So you wouldn’t like some snow to slow down that little ***** quarterback they have? He is 50% of their offense

If there is a type of snow that slows down Jackson without slowing down Diggs, Beasley, Brown, TreDavious, Edmunds, Milano, Hyde, Poyer, Wallace, Roberts, Taron, Singletary, and Knox then I'm all for it.

15 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

Ravens fans are not overly confident about the game either. They feel they can run on us, but that our Offense may be too much to stop. 

https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?206717-Face-it!-We-re-going-to-Buffalo/page5

Most of them seem confident. A few seem worried.

I think this is a pretty even matchup. I would not be surprised by any outcome.

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think a lot of it is narrative, tbh.  People are just being told, over and over, how scary they are... and now they believe it.  

I didn't come away from that Titans game overly concerned about what I saw on the field.  Tough matchup for sure... but so are the Chiefs and Browns.

What scares me most about the Ravens is how well coached they are, in all three phases. Kinda like Indy.  

My two cents: Lamar is like Deshaun in last years playoff game.  We had it under control until Deshaun started running on broken plays.  I’m confident that we have the right game plan.  I’m not confident in our ability to defensively execute for 4 quarters. 

11 hours ago, zow2 said:

Love the matchup.  we gave up nearly 500 yds and forced Zero turnovers vs Indy.  and had horrible field position.  it can’t get worse on D.  they will perform better. just hope the O shows up like usual.  

I am hoping this is the case. The Bills rarely have 2 poor games in a row and they did not play their best ball vs Indy.

Offense does have to start out fast because I think our D will need to be better late in the game.

They gave up too many quick scores to Indy late and were horrible on third downs.

Need to step up their game.

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If there is a type of snow that slows down Jackson without slowing down Diggs, Beasley, Brown, TreDavious, Edmunds, Milano, Hyde, Poyer, Wallace, Roberts, Taron, Singletary, and Knox then I'm all for it.

I believe a snow somewhere between snowman and sledding snow would be ideal. Not a Christmas morning snow, but a day-after-Christmas snow.  You know what I mean. 

• Haha (+1) 3