Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

45 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Our third down conversion rate - best in the league throughout the year - slipped big time. Martindale will likely have a really aggressive gameplan so I am a little nervous about how that may go. 

Audible to a "gold" whatever (read WR screen) and neutralize those blitzes. A really aggressive gameplan with our WR opens up those over the blitzers heads first downs. I think the Bills have been doing it all year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

That certainly played a role but if I recall correctly, Roberts had a few brain farts either letting the ball hit the ground instead of fair catching or running it out of the EZ when he should have kneeled. I wasn’t impressed with our punt/kick return blocking when we had the opportunity to return.

I was FURIOUS at Roberts when he opted to return that ball from halfway into the end zone near the sideline. He was hemmed in due to the sideline and had nowhere to go or maneuver. It was an absolutely asinine decision by an experienced, Pro Bowl returner and put the offense in an unnecessary hole.

• Like (+1) 5

48 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Stats.... 

Miami was supposed to have an awesome D too.  It didn't help them. 

The Titans have the best rushing game in the league.   It didn't help them. 

Every game is different. Player health issues, game plans  Its why they play the games. 

Nuh uh. Lamar said he got his Game back.  ;);) 

Even the HC is pumping his ego last night buy claiming it was THE Best run by a QB ever 

Apparently he does not remember Michael Vick.  So far I have seen Jackson do nothing that I did not see Vick do, including the erratic passing and inability to read the field from the pocket. As far as that goes, I have seen Tyrod do most of this as well, though Jackson is clearly the superior athlete.  Best running back in football.  

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I expect the Ravens to give Allen that stacked look at that LOS until he beats it/they adjust..... that look has been somewhat of a struggle for him since he first saw it against Arizona. 

The best Allen has been all year has been after the Cardinals game.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I expect the offensive gameplan will be the same as the 2nd half against the Steelers.

Bring in the snow machines from Kissing Bridge for the practice field.  Lay down 2 -3".

For this week's Defensive drills; bring in some squirrels, chickens and feral cats then set them loose on field. 

Catch em, turn em loose and catch em again.

This has never ever not worked.

Make it happen Beane.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The best Allen has been all year has been after the Cardinals game.

I expect the offensive gameplan will be the same as the 2nd half against the Steelers.

Activate stills and line up Beasley brown stills and diggs.  Blitz that and you will get burned a bunch. 

• Like (+1) 2

I didn't get to watch the second half due to my family screwing with my Sling account, but I'm amazed that the Ravens only out less than 200 in the air vs the Titans. They seem to have trouble passing when they can't play action.

If I'm Frazier, I'm putting a spy on Jackson all game, loading the box and daring Jackson to beat us with his arm. Basically, what the Ravens just did to the Titans.

If they go heavy man coverage and blitz, I see a lot of Isiah McKenzie, screens and quick shots to Diggs

Going into the  Indy game, my anxiety was at a all time high.  I felt Indy had a strong chance at knocking off the Bills, and they almost did.  Going into this game against the Ravens, I feel a weird sense of calmness.  Getting that first playoff win in 25 years calmed a lot of nerves, so going into this upcoming game I fell the Bills will be more relaxed and play loose football.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Refresh my memory, but wasn't there some sort of dust up between McDermott and Harbaugh during last year's game?

When is there not a dust up when that pompous dbag is involved? But you're right, there was something there. I can't remember either though.

• Like (+1) 3

Ravens are an intense and emotional team.  I'd like to see the Bills try to frustrate their team by attacking our best matchups - which tends to be Davis and Beasley against the lesser corners.  Peters and Humphries will take Diggs +1 WR (could be Brown or Beasley depending on the play).  They are a man heavy team, spread the field and take what's given.

I could also see the benefit of Mckenzie this week if he is good to go - jet sweeps and motions could give Baltimore's D that little hesitation on a blitz that allows Allen to get the right throws off.

Another thing helping us this year compared to last year - our RB's have been vastly improved blockers, and our line as a whole is better at picking up blitzes compared to last year.

My concerns? Does the D play well in gap control.  This may be a frustrating game to watch if the D get's overzealous and Lamar makes them miss.  I hope the line stays calm and Milano and Edmunds will play a huge role in that.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Apparently he does not remember Michael Vick.  So far I have seen Jackson do nothing that I did not see Vick do, including the erratic passing and inability to read the field from the pocket. As far as that goes, I have seen Tyrod do most of this as well, though Jackson is clearly the superior athlete.  Best running back in football.  

Vick was way better.     He could sprinkle in some sideline throws.   

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Going into the  Indy game, my anxiety was at a all time high.  I felt Indy had a strong chance at knocking off the Bills, and they almost did.  Going into this game against the Ravens, I feel a weird sense of calmness.  Getting that first playoff win in 25 years calmed a lot of nerves, so going into this upcoming game I fell the Bills will be more relaxed and play loose football.  

I agree.  Let's just have fun this week.  Not stressing out and hopefully the players are relaxed and loose.

I like when McDermott has a bit of a revenge factor going, and he does here.  Bills are currently on a 3-game losing streak vs. Baltimore and McDermott is personally 0-2.  Last season Lamar got us...and in 2018 McD was embarrassed in Nate Peterman's start at Baltimore (I was there to witness the carnage) and Josh came in for his first ever NFL action.

I really like McDermott in this situation..

• Like (+1) 1