Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

We never really had a problem with the Colts D, we just had bad field position that effected our game plan. 

Our third down conversion rate - best in the league throughout the year - slipped big time. Martindale will likely have a really aggressive gameplan so I am a little nervous about how that may go. 

5 hours ago, InEnemyTerritory said:

Baltimore does not have a weakness on defense.  They are very limited on O but their front, their secondary, and their LBs are all fantastic.  The Bills need to attack this with their strength, Josh Allen's arm.  No 3 straight runs up the middle, Daboll.  This is the type of game to give Allen 45+ passing attempts.  Maybe they'll get an INT or two but the Ravens are built to beat playoff teams 20-13 like they did today (I don't trust the hype of their last few regular season games against some truly garbageous defenses.)  If the Bills score 25 or more they win IMO.

I agree with most of what you say but im sure that game film on the games i mention, specifically Chiefs, Browns, Titans, and even a few others were they gave up decent yards are going to show some weakness. 

Get er done Daboll.

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Defensive DVOA and Pts Against of Opponents:

Steelers    1st Overall      4th Overall Weighted     1st Passing       5th Rushing     3rd Pts Against

Rams        4th Overall      1st Overall Weighted     4th Passing      3rd Rushing      1st Pts Against

49ers        6th Overall     5th Overall Weighted     7th Passing      10th Rushing    16th Pts Against

Colts         7th Overall     10th Overall Weighted    8th Passing      9th Rushing     10th Pts Against

Ravens      9th Overall    15th Overall Weighted    10th Passing     12th Rushing    2nd Pts Against

The Bills were 4-0 against the other top 10 DVOA teams they faced, beating the Steelers (26-15), Rams (35-32), 49ers (34-24), and Colts (27-24) - for an avg of 30.5 PPG

In those games, Allen was 106-51 (70%), 1248 Yds, 8.3 Y/A, 12 TDs, 2 INTs, 101 Rusing Yds, 2TDs, 2 Lost Fumbles (one being the Moss handoff in SF game).

IMO, If the Bills play how they are capable of playing offensively, they will be able to score points.

Stats.... 

Miami was supposed to have an awesome D too.  It didn't help them. 

The Titans have the best rushing game in the league.   It didn't help them. 

Every game is different. Player health issues, game plans  Its why they play the games. 

10 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Dallas, Cleveland, Giants, Bengals, Jaguars

those are their last 5 games...I’m not concerned. Will be tough but we are better coached. 

Nuh uh. Lamar said he got his Game back.  ;);) 

Even the HC is pumping his ego last night buy claiming it was THE Best run by a QB ever 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Stats.... 

Miami was supposed to have an awesome D too.  It didn't help them. 

The Titans have the best rushing game in the league.   It didn't help them. 

Every game is different. Player health issues, game plans  Its why they play the games. 

That was my point exactly. Buffalo has played a number of teams this year who were, statistically and in the view of most people, top defenses in the league. On the field, Allen and the Bills did pretty well against them. If they play their game against the Ravens, they will be fine.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

“You do not want to play this team”

-Every talking head about Baltimore.  

I don’t know if I’ve ever wanted to absolutely slaughter a team more than this Ravens squad... and it’s not even their fault... The dramatics of everyone on their fainting couch anytime their name has been mentioned over the past month......

Enough is enough.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

to me coaching will decide this game.  we need a d scheme that is sound and lets our guys play, prolly have to sell out to stop lamar running.  baltimore is not good on 3rd and long, that's the key for us.

on O, we have to put in some wrinkles but be ourselves.  this constant running junk we did vs the colts wasted drives early.  allen can get his running when he sees nothing in the passing game, don't need to draw them up like the old cornhuskers every drive.

looking top to bottom, every team in the AFC is dangerous.  we just need to play like we are the dangerous ones, and we gonna be ok!

• Like (+1) 1

Re: Colts gameplan of running out the clock and owning TOP:

I don’t know that this is something the Ravens will do, or can do.   They are typically an explosive offense with some chunk yardage runs or Lamar hitting someone who gets lost in the RPO action down field.   

The reason the Colts were able to do that is because they would get themselves into 3rd and manageable and Rivers was pinpoint accurate on his “move the chains” throws.   

That’s not Lamar’s, or the Ravens, game. 

22 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Cleveland laid 42 points on Baltimore before Baltimore finished with a JV schedule.  If Mayfield et al can do that, the Bills can at least hit 30.

That is true but that game was a while ago, the Titans have a very good offense, they got to 13.  Its not who you play but when you play them. NFL games are independent events that are based on matchups/schemes etc.   You cant just look at who played who when and what the score was and make good predictions.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Re: Colts gameplan of running out the clock and owning TOP:

I don’t know that this is something the Ravens will do, or can do.   They are typically an explosive offense with some chunk yardage runs or Lamar hitting someone who gets lost in the RPO action down field.   

The reason the Colts were able to do that is because they would get themselves into 3rd and manageable and Rivers was pinpoint accurate on his “move the chains” throws.   

That’s not Lamar’s, or the Ravens, game. 

So the concern here is not that it looks like what rivers did, but more like what Mahomes and Tannyhill did....3rd and 5 or short and Bills cover well, but mobile QB makes play with legs to get the 1st. 

Thats my big concern.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Edmunds is gonna be on the frozen turf all night. Not trying to troll. He is noticeably terrible against the run. I pray we can get an early lead and force the pass. 

He's inconsistent, he has some great games and other so not so much, saying he's terrible is too much, IMO. It's amazing that his kid is 22 years old, he still has a lot to learn and to grow. 

• Like (+1) 1

Our special teams had an uncharacteristically bad game against Indy resulting in horrendous field position and limiting our offense in the first half. I don’t expect that will be the case Saturday night.

As other’s have said, contain Lamar and crowd the middle of the field. Make him throw outside the numbers, he feasts over the middle with TE’s and seam routes.

I expect a lot of our usual zone coverage so everyone’s eyes are on Lamar. He’s going to get some yards, we just have to limit them. Baltimore isn’t a dink and dunk team so if we can force them into that style of game we should be fine.

On offense we should be seeing a lot of man coverage which our receivers should feast on. Instead of running Singletary into their D line I’d try some tosses or even better, a lot of quick WR screens to the outside. Josh will have a few designed runs up the middle against their man defense as well. I hope we get rid of the designed runs to the outside.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, BITE ME said:

I think the weekend worked out perfect for the Bills.  I don't see the Bills getting on a plane until Tampa.  Really think we are looking at a home AFC Championship game against the Browns.

Didn't the Chiefs rest starters week 17? Then the bye? How sharp will they be vs the Browns? Though it's hard to show up more discombobulated than the Steelers did.

1 minute ago, RunTheBall said:

Our special teams had an uncharacteristically bad game against Indy resulting in horrendous field position and limiting our offense in the first half. I don’t expect that will be the case Saturday night.

As other’s have said, contain Lamar and crowd the middle of the field. Make him throw outside the numbers, he feasts over the middle with TE’s and seam routes.

I expect a lot of our usual zone coverage so everyone’s eyes are on Lamar. He’s going to get some yards, we just have to limit them. Baltimore isn’t a dink and dunk team so if we can force them into that style of game we should be fine.

On offense we should be seeing a lot of man coverage which our receivers should feast on. Instead of running Singletary into their D line I’d try some tosses or even better, a lot of quick WR screens to the outside. Josh will have a few designed runs up the middle against their man defense as well. I hope we get rid of the designed runs to the outside.

I think it was more stopping the Colts at midfield, resulting in bad field position.

Just now, nucci said:

going to be difficult without Moss getting tough yardage when needed 

Antonio Williams steps in.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I think it was more stopping the Colts at midfield, resulting in bad field position.

That certainly played a role but if I recall correctly, Roberts had a few brain farts either letting the ball hit the ground instead of fair catching or running it out of the EZ when he should have kneeled. I wasn’t impressed with our punt/kick return blocking when we had the opportunity to return.

• Like (+1) 5