Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Love the matchup.  we gave up nearly 500 yds and forced Zero turnovers vs Indy.  and had horrible field position.  it can’t get worse on D.  they will perform better. just hope the O shows up like usual.  

This will be the toughest defense they've faced all season. Allen will struggle -- like any QB would against this healthy Ravens defense in the playoffs. But we may still pull out a win. Should be a helluva game.

• Like (+1) 1

Am I the only one who hates the Ravens offense and thinks it’s gimmicky?  I understand strategy and run what works for you, but I still don’t think Lamar is a legit QB and they succeed by running a college offense that no one else does; which gives you an advantage week to week because people aren’t used to scheming to stop it. 

I don’t mind scrambling QB’s and the RPO, I just don’t like making it your entire offense.  Man up and play football 

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Winds out of the west 10-15mph. 40% chance snow 1 inch likely.  28degrees.  

Not awful 

That's fine.  Very light snow, and standard wind speeds.

If it holds, it shouldn't slow down our offense at all.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This will be the toughest defense they've faced all season. Allen will struggle -- like any QB would against this healthy Ravens defense in the playoffs. But we may still pull out a win. Should be a helluva game.

Allen *may struggle.  We shall see. 

Beasley said Indy is the best defense they’ve seen all season.  

Allen threw for 300+ on 70+ completion percentage. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We need to be aggressive early and put the Ravens in a hole. I don't care if the Ravens are practically begging us to run the ball. Pass it anyways. Force Lamar Jackson to throw the ball playing catch up and we win.

Come on Josh!!! Throw the ball and give us a lot of Hail Mary’s!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

We hung 26 on the steelers and 35 on the rams. Now is not the time to get scared of the Ravens. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Am I the only one who hates the Ravens offense and thinks it’s gimmicky?  I understand strategy and run what works for you, but I still don’t think Lamar is a legit QB and they succeed by running a college offense that no one else does; which gives you an advantage week to week because people aren’t used to scheming to stop it. 

I don’t mind scrambling QB’s and the RPO, I just don’t like making it your entire offense.  Man up and play football 

No watching that game I couldn't help but think that if Lamar got a flat tire like Murray that offense would ***** disappear.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Hard to get a soft opponent in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I think I'd rather see Baltimore than Tennessee honestly. They really bottled Henry up somehow but I thought the Titans had the more complete offense. Plus Henry, I don't think our D could have done that. 

Except we already did, earlier this season. 

Henry didn't get his, minus a beastly stiff-arm. Tanny DID get his, however.

• Like (+1) 3

I felt much better about dealing with Lamar when I think about how well we handled Murray.  Mostly.  I think playing like garbage vs the Colts is a good wake up call for the Defense.  Little extra motivation this week.  

But it's their defense.  That's the problem.  

They'll score 20 points or so.  We need to get to 24 or 27 and we'll be just fine.  

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I think Lamar runs it about as good as anyone could.  He really is an elite runner.  But I agree that it isn't my cup of tea as far as football aesthetics.

The way I see it is if we can hold Jackson in check for most of the game like TN did today we win.  Sure his 150 yards rushing is impressive but if we hold the Ravens to 20 points and get a pick we should be okay.

My only worry with the offense is how long can we go with poor production out of our TE's & RB's? If Allen and our WR's are not at their best or the Baltimore D slows them down we might struggle on O which would not be good.  It's imperative that Knox & Singleterry step it up big time this week.  Ditto for John Brown who I suspect is still working his way back from injury.

And we really need Beasley to play like he did against the Colts.

For some reason I'm less worried about this game then I was about the Colts game.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

I felt much better about dealing with Lamar when I think about how well we handled Murray.  Mostly.  I think playing like garbage vs the Colts is a good wake up call for the Defense.  Little extra motivation this week.  

But it's their defense.  That's the problem.  

They'll score 20 points or so.  We need to get to 24 or 27 and we'll be just fine.  

This post makes lots of sense. 

• Like (+1) 2