Bills -2.5 favorites vs ravens

BillsMafi$

9 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Ha!  Yes, this is true.

Unfortunately he struggled in the wind versus Chiefs (and yes I know Mahomes kind of did too).  The Bills can’t rely on our running game because we don’t really have one. Need Allen throwing lasers.  For the Ravens, if the weather sucks, they can turn to a pretty elite ground attack (which coincidentally is the weakness of our defense).

All we got going for us on offense is JA , Diggs and  Davis , Beasley is a worrier but he’s not even close being 100% and Brown 0 catches on 4 targets against below average Colts secondary will have to do A LOT better then that , 

IMO our defense will have to play lights out and hold the Ravens under 150 yards rushing for us to win , 

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Try to contain Lamar and for the love of God, triple cover Mark Andrews. It's all he throws to

Nah it's too gimmicky.  Defense needs to expect everyone can get the ball.   

Zone.   Clog the middle of the field.  

Spy Lamar make him run to his left.....Gap integrity for the love of God.  Let Dobbins and Gus get their 3 to 4 yards a pop.  That oline is good but it's not the Colts.  Just watched Tennessee play well against it.  And they stink.  

• Like (+1) 1

Noone is stopping our offense when it gets in gear.  If Josh keeps playing like he has been, we are beating the Ravens.  Our run D isn't bad.  Not great.  But not terrible.  Our defense had a good feel for the Ravens game plan last year.  We will bend some, but also make some big plays on D.  On offense the Raven can't stay with our receivers.  Need to scheme McKenzie into the attack.  And Knox has been making more plays of late too.  With Moss hurt I think we see some Antonio Williams at RB.  He could be better then both Moss and Singletary.  Josh was looking to run more yesterday then during the regular season.  I like when he does that.  Makes him even tougher to stop.  

This is the biggest Bills game in many a year.  So excited.  Its been a great season.  Great teams step up on the big stage.  I think we come up w a bigtime performance.  McDermott will have us ready.  

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Putin said:

All we got going for us on offense is JA , Diggs and  Davis , Beasley is a worrier but he’s not even close being 100% and Brown 0 catches on 4 targets against below average Colts secondary will have to do A LOT better then that , 

IMO our defense will have to play lights out and hold the Ravens under 150 yards rushing for us to win , 

The Colts where just as good defensively as the Ravens and actually better in a couple categories  

Bottom line is, I think this comes down to our offense verses their offense.

Let’s face it, our defense is probably going to be caved in against the run.

So it’s our secondary that has to have White shadow Hollywood Brown and somehow blanket Andrews.

But really for us, this is line up in 4-wide and just gun all day. 

The Ravens are 6th against the run, and we are in the 20’s. 

How do the Chiefs beat the Ravens every time. Study that game tape and copy.

27 minutes ago, par73 said:

Bills D is not as good as last year's edition. This is a matchup I didn't want to see (thought the line would favor the Ravens).

The Bills D misses Star clogging the middle and the leadership of Lorax. 

Been a tough year too with injuries getting in the way too. All we can do is root for the guys that are going to be laying it on the line next week.

Edited by WideNine

If it were me. I would staple Poyer to Andrews and have Tre cover Brown. I liked what Pitts did today where they sent a rusher and had a defender right behind him. The rusher attacks the RB and the player behind him attacks the QB (eliminates play action and RPO). Bills will need to be good on coverage but this imo would be the best way to beat Lamar.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Nah it's too gimmicky.  Defense needs to expect everyone can get the ball.   

Zone.   Clog the middle of the field.  

Spy Lamar make him run to his left.....Gap integrity for the love of God.  Let Dobbins and Gus get their 3 to 4 yards a pop.  That oline is good but it's not the Colts.  Just watched Tennessee play well against it.  And they stink.  

Frazier and McDermott have rarely used a spy in 4 years they're not going to on Saturday.

He doesn't spy linebackers because it takes away one in coverage. He will ask the ends to keep contain, and make him step up through the pocket not escape around it

He may spy an end occasionally but I don't see it being a big part of the game plan..

over the years zo was the guy he'd use

Edited by Buffalo716

Not afraid of Balt. Great, they can run and we are weak against the run. Can they score 30?  As that’s what it will take. I bet McDermott learned a lot this week and doesn’t allow field position to be a problem for an entire half. Let Balt run, keep backside and gap integrity and use the sidelines as another defender. Stay disciplined and make the tackles you missed this week. 

Balt is Miami with a faster QB. Bills by 20 and a relatively stress free game. 

4 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Question is can we play a game like the Titans today, but make a few more plays and limit some of those big 3 runs Lamar had? 

I think for sure we can. Line reflects my thoughts...slight edge to Ravens with the home points in our favor. 

Will be stoked for this game.

The difference between us and the Titans is we won’t waste plays on running that don’t work we will pass and we will pass some more and they will have to stop that If the Titans would’ve fed they’re wide receivers they wouldn’t have lost

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Playing in Buffalo weather favors for Buffalo team that is why you fight for home-field advantage we are a cold-weather team

I consider Buffalo bending more toward finesse vs smash mouth with smaller high motor players generally speaking IMO.

I'm not sure how that translates to cold weather team, but we're going to have to be so I hope your right my friend.

It is at this moment the reason why the bills come through with the record they did is so impressive

This is not last year’s team that had an easy schedule and then went on the road to have to play a playoff game the bills are a team that beat good teams all year long and got home-field advantage because of it

We are not the same team as last year but I like the defense to be a little better definitely but this offense is so much better it is nuclear power through the air and we are going to score points the question is going to be in Baltimore keep up with us

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Blazman11 said:

Not afraid of Balt. Great, they can run and we are weak against the run. Can they score 30?  As that’s what it will take. I bet McDermott learned a lot this week and doesn’t allow field position to be a problem for an entire half. Let Balt run, keep backside and gap integrity and use the sidelines as another defender. Stay disciplined and make the tackles you missed this week. 

Balt is Miami with a faster QB. Bills by 20 and a relatively stress free game. 

They also live on throws to the TE. It's a tough matchup and Bills will have to have a gameplan with the D-line playing better than they have.