Will Al Michaels Come to Buffalo

judman

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportscasting.com/how-mike-tiricos-schedule-suddenly-changed-from-a-rare-saturday-night-football-game-to-replacing-al-michaels/%3famp

Everything changed days before the game. Al Michaels pulled out of doing the Sunday Night Football game because of COVID-19 protocols.

Its just a COVID thing as far as I see online.

24 minutes ago, judman said:

Al Michaels didn’t come to town to cover the SNF Pitt/Buf game earlier this year because of the Covid. Tirico subbed for him. 

I heard on WGR that week leading up to the game that Michaels has said he would never set foot in town again. 

What’s that all about?  Is there anything to it?

Wait...they don’t have it in other cities?

• Haha (+1) 4

As OP, I just thought it was a strange thing that Michaels would swear off a town like that.  I was just wondering if anyone else heard that too.

Personally, I don’t care who calls the game. They all kinda have the same shtick.  I’m used to them all, I guess.

I spent a lot of time in ‘Cuse growing up. Tirico got his start there on channel 5 coming out of college.  He was like weekend guy before he left for ESPN. 

Edited by judman

31 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Who cares. He’s the most overrated announcer of all time. 

Al Michaels is like a band that becomes “legendary”, but really only has one great album. His “one great album” was the Miracle on Ice call.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

I don't get the Al Michaels hate.

The man is a legend.

What has he done to piss so many of you off?

Well if the comment of  "he will never step foot in this town again" is true I would ask what has the city of Buffalo, or is fans, done to piss off? 

36 minutes ago, judman said:

Al Michaels didn’t come to town to cover the SNF Pitt/Buf game earlier this year because of the Covid. Tirico subbed for him. 

I heard on WGR that week leading up to the game that Michaels has said he would never set foot in town again. 

That's nonsense. He had a few scheduled weeks off this year that were predetermined. From his interview with Schopp last year he wanted to come to Buffalo to call a game, whatever that's worth.

If you heard it on wgr, it might have just been a knucklehead caller.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Maybe I am weird but I could really care less who calls the games.  I can see with my eyes whats happening, so I dont need some highly paid person to tell me what I am seeing.  

a good one can without a doubt give more insight as they get inside scoops from teams.

4 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

That's nonsense. He had a few scheduled weeks off this year that were predetermined. From his interview with Schopp last year he wanted to come to Buffalo to call a game, whatever that's worth.

If you heard it on wgr, it might have just been a knucklehead caller.

It definitely wasn’t a caller, But I believe it was Howard and Jeremy talking about it. They didn’t seem to know what it was about either. They were kinda joking about it. But it sounded to me like there was some sort of lore, legend, or tale. 

51 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Maybe I am weird but I could really care less who calls the games.  I can see with my eyes whats happening, so I dont need some highly paid person to tell me what I am seeing.  

Same.

i put on my headphones and listen to my good luck beats to bring us luck.  

2 hours ago, judman said:

Wasn’t that Bon Jovi?

I haven’t heard anyone else saying they won’t come here and quick google search came up with nothing 

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

And all the many mentions on NBC during the game tonight, and the official media release, and all the Twitter announcements......

I swear, where is this CBS stuff even coming from?

My mistake, misheard Nantz on earlier game. 

Fwiw Michaels already stated a little but earlier in the broadcast that Bills / Ravens is “ their game” next week so it I’ll be him and Collinsworth .