3, 15, 11, 6, 4

Kaenon

12 minutes ago, UConn James said:

I’m not a fan of Andre Roberts taking KOs out of the end zone with such frequency.

Not only is there the odds of not even making it to the 25 — like on a couple yesterday — but always the potential for holding penalties which back you up into a terrible series of bad field position. Roberts REALLY screwed us over to start the Tenn game this year and everything after imploded as well.

I had the same thought. It might not be correct, but I was thinking he wanted to show that he could return one for a TD like McKenzie. And he ended up screwing up, at least on that one return. He didn't help the team yesterday. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

Thought is was the amount of downs we wasted by trying to run the ball when we know we can't. 

Sometimes, to keep the opponent off balance, you have to pretend you'll run the ball. Especially if you have an interview with the Jets the next day.

• Eyeroll 2

9 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yeah, that was crazy. I think it really dictated the play calling for much of the game.  They also almost pulled off the worlds longest onside kick, but thankfully Robert’s noticed in time and dove on it. 

Also, there was that weird short kickoff by the Colts that stopped dead on like the ten yard line, as if the air had gone out of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boater said:

Sometimes, to keep the opponent off balance, you have to pretend you'll run the ball. Especially if you have an interview with the Jets the next day.

HA!  Yeah.  Look, I get wanting to run the ball.  And we definitely should run the ball a handful of times per game.  But as long as you do it once in a great while, play action works and we are at our best when we are using play action, motion, jet action, and a whole bunch of eye-candy and letting Allen throw lasers all over the place.  Yesterday seemed like they wanted to win by doing the exact opposite of what we have been doing in blowing teams out the last couple months.  It was just a terrible game plan all around yesterday, but luckily we got away with it.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

Yep, you guessed it.

Buffalo's five (5) first half drive starts yesterday (BUF yardlines).

And the Bills still took a lead into halftime.

No, actually I did NOT guess that! I must admit......  🤷‍♂️

Now I know. I WAS aware that it was freaky miserable with a fair amount of just plain old fashioned bad luck. 

22 minutes ago, UConn James said:

I’m not a fan of Andre Roberts taking KOs out of the end zone with such frequency.

Not only is there the odds of not even making it to the 25 — like on a couple yesterday — but always the potential for holding penalties which back you up into a terrible series of bad field position. Roberts REALLY screwed us over to start the Tenn game this year and everything after imploded as well.

this drives me nuts.  take the touchback unless there is a huge seam setup by blocking.  he seems to automatically try to run it out. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, UConn James said:

THIS!!

14 minutes ago, finn said:

I had the same thought. It might not be correct, but I was thinking he wanted to show that he could return one for a TD like McKenzie. And he ended up screwing up, at least on that one return. He didn't help the team yesterday. 

It was a terrible display out of him.  And it wasn't just the runouts on KOs.  He didn't fair catch the punt and they downed it at the 3.  He did the KO runout got nowhere and had the penalty to boot.  He didn't expect and misjudged the one KO and had to just dive on it instead of seeing it was a short one picking it up and getting some additional yards. 

Trying too hard or something - hopefully back to pro bowl form next game.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, UConn James said:

That's a tough issue. He has given them many good drive starts well beyond the 25 this season. Just one big return to mid field or beyond could be a game breaker. 

3 yards or more deep he should be taking a knee. 2 yards or less I'm fine with him bringing it out 

33 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yeah, that was crazy. I think it really dictated the play calling for much of the game.  They also almost pulled off the worlds longest onside kick, but thankfully Robert’s noticed in time and dove on it. 

Haha, the Jets already did that to the Bills a few years back. Onside kick TD.

Bills Jets 2017

Edited by letsgoteam

Andre Roberts had like 3 special teams blunders 3 plays in a row.

1) he didn’t fair catch a punt and let it bounce to the the 3 yard line. 

2) he let a kickoff that didn’t make it to the end zone bounce on the ground. He was lucky to fall on it. 

3) he tried returning a kickoff from

the end zone and got nowhere. To make things worse there was a holding call on the play that backed them up further.

the special teams unit NEEDS to be better going forward. We are lucky Josh was able to make things happen otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 3

A friend of mine who is a Titans fan texted me (before their loss today): "Lol. You were 2 bad coaching decisions away from losing to the second best team in the AFC South."

I replied: "If we could have equalized field position, we would have destroyed them."

I'm still debating whether I should send a followup text: "Lol. You lost to the second best team in the AFC North."

• Haha (+1) 2

3, 8, 3, 3, 10 - Bills

9, 8, 4, 9, 8 - Colts

9, 9, 7, 8 - Bills

14, 7, 5, 13 - Colts

Plays per drive in 1st half and second half. 

2-9 Bills

9-17 Colts

3rd Down %

Wasnt just field position. Bills were lucky in this one. Need to play better next week. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, UConn James said:

At this point the 25 looks far more appealing than a 5% chance of Andre returning on to the house. He also let a punt go by him at the 9 that was downed at the 2. Our ST coaches have to do their research. 

1 hour ago, UConn James said:

I agree.   You'd almost think the ST coach would have a rule: "No running the ball out of the end zone - period".  The odds of getting a really good return beyond the 25 seem small, and the odds of running one back for a TD are miniscule.  Plus the risk factor you mentioned and the chance to fumble when being gang tackled.  I wonder if anyone has run the numbers on it.  

• Like (+1) 2