One thing is for certain the AFC got the Pro Bowl QBs correct

Listening to the game today they where saying Tannehill felt he was snubbed for the Pro Bowl...well he had a chance to ball like Josh did yesterday against a team with just about the exact same defense metrics as the Colts only scored 13...maybe he was talking about Watson? 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Listening to the game today they where saying Tannehill felt he was snubbed for the Pro Bowl...well he had a chance to ball like Josh did yesterday against a team with just about the exact same defense metrics as the Colts only scored 13...maybe he was talking about Watson? 

Yep!  And that’s WITH an elite RB in King Henry.  Allen and Tann aren’t in the same cosmos, in my humble opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yes I heard that. In fairness 40 total tds is very impressive. Those stats maybe more impressive than Watson's who got a lot of garbage time soft defenses when his team were already down by 40. Part of me thinks he had a fairly good case for  probowl. But we all know that selection is a popularity contest. He probably thinks to himself that he is unlikely to have a better season.

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This is what separates Mayfield and Tannehill from the convo. They look good when things are going well and they have a running game to lean on. When they have to carry the offense because the running game isn't working they look terrible.

Just now, Frat-Train said:

Watson is that small moon hovering around Alderaan.  He’s there, but you have to squint.

I think that is right. I think there is a top 3. Watson is 4 or 5 but he isn't quite with Allen, Mahomes and Rodgers. He might be the best of the rest. Especially with the way Russ has faded badly down the stretch.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

And how is Jackson not in the discussion ahead of Tannehill?

He should be right in that same conversation. They are both above average NFL Quarterbacks.   Nothing more. Nothing less.  Neither can may the throws the elite guys make.  That interception Jackson threw today was a perfect illustration of his limits.  Exceptional runner.  Below average passer.

14 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

Watson is that small moon hovering around Alderaan.  He’s there, but you have to squint.

Watson is so much better than Jackson and Tannehill though. He can make most elite throws.  He is a notch below the Big 3 only because he lacks their arm strength. 

• Agree 2

Tanny is annoying.  I wish he was on Mia so we could play him 2 times a year.  He has a HOF type RB and 2 very good if not elite WR’s.  He’s an above average QB with a great team around him.   I don’t get his pro bowl whining, esp.  with playoffs coming up.  

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Neither is Watson.

This whole thing with Watson upset about having no say in the GM pick is dumb.  I would never let a player have that type of influence.  I don't really care what they promised him.  That team needs to be rebuilt from the bad decisions by O'Brien

17 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

This whole thing with Watson upset about having no say in the GM pick is dumb.  I would never let a player have that type of influence.  I don't really care what they promised him.  That team needs to be rebuilt from the bad decisions by O'Brien

I agree with you but they should have never promised him influence to begin with. If you want to instill trust and keep a good relationship with your players then be upfront and honest.  They're adults.

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Bad game by Tanny— but it’s not like the titans gave him a chance to do anything. Very Jauron-like playcalling all game. Ravens were selling out to stop Henry, yet it was run, run, Pass all day. They were even doing this on their last drive, just wasting time. 

12 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Bad game by Tanny— but it’s not like the titans gave him a chance to do anything. Very Jauron-like playcalling all game. Ravens were selling out to stop Henry, yet it was run, run, Pass all day. They were even doing this on their last drive, just wasting time. 

Agree. I don't think Tanny is in that top 5 conversation and he didn't play well today but the playcalling did not help him.