Potential for interesting weather if game played Sunday

Big Turk

Earlier this year NE played the Ravens on a rainy night.  The first half wasn't bad and the Ravens did okay on O.  But the 4th quarter had heavy rain and the Ravens were shut out that quarter and lost the game 23 - 17.  Bad weather clearly hurt the Ravens that night.

11 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

People - snow IS NOT detrimental to a passing game unless it’s heavy like the 2017 Indy game. Think of all the Jim Kelly playoff games. Footing is not nearly the issue for the WR who knows where he’s going as it is to the DB who’s reacting to the route

I remember the 1991 AFC Championship against the Raiders in some pretty rough snowy weather. I remember Kelly having a strong day through the air if I'm recalling correctly. Pretty sure that the receivers have a strong advantage on a slick field because they have the advantage of knowing which direction they are going, in contrast to the defenders trying to cover.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Steve Evans said:

I remember the 1991 AFC Championship against the Raiders in some pretty rough snowy weather. I remember Kelly having a strong day through the air if I'm recalling correctly. Pretty sure that the receivers have a strong advantage on a slick field because they have the advantage of knowing which direction they are going, in contrast to the defenders trying to cover.

I don’t remember that about the Raiders game (I know it was cold but don’t remember snow), but I do remember Kelly shredding the Dolphins in the snow in the divisional game.

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t remember that about the Raiders game (I know it was cold but don’t remember snow), but I do remember Kelly shredding the Dolphins in the snow in the divisional game.

I searched for pictures from the game and my memory must be fading with age. You were right, it looked very cold and the best I could find were piles of snow pushed against the stands. I never realized that game and probably many games, can be seen in entirety on YouTube!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Steve Evans said:

Wrong game.  It flurried a bit, and the field might have been slick.  But I think you’re probably remembering the Divisional Round game against the Dolphins that year.  The field had to be brushed at the half because of the snow.  Otherwise, I agree with you; as long as there isn’t too much snow, and as long as there isn’t too much wind, receivers will have an advantage because they know where they’re going. 

4 hours ago, Steve Evans said:

I searched for pictures from the game and my memory must be fading with age. You were right, it looked very cold and the best I could find were piles of snow pushed against the stands. I never realized that game and probably many games, can be seen in entirety on YouTube!!

It was brutally cold. Our beers froze and god forbid you had a mustache.

It wasn’t snowing from what I remember but there was wind. Wind chill was like minus 35.

Wind is the issue.

Snow helps the offense unless it’s heavy snow. 

predicting weather in WNY a week away is futile. Who knows what lurks ahead.

• Like (+1) 1

Raiders AFC championship game in 1991 was not a weather game. If it was played a day or even two days before, it may have been. But the weather was fine that day, not really frigid at all maybe a light mist of precipitation. The divisional round vs Miami the previous week got snowy at times. The divisional round vs Raiders in January 94 was the frigid, bone chilling game with negative windchill. 

Anyway, the last thing Bills fans should hope for is a weather game vs the Ravens this Saturday night. It most certainly would not favor Buffalo; this team isn’t built for a slow track slugfest and major snow issues would give Jackson the edge. 

Hope for a clean field , perhaps a slight bit of snow and little wind. The Bills need to pass often and score often to win this matchup. 

19 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Im praying for the game to be Sat evening which is Sunday noon at my local bar...

Cant watch another Bills playoff game sober... ( Colts game kicked off at 5am..)

You’re prayers were answered.  Did you happen to ask for a win? 

12 hours ago, benderbender said:

Where is this experience this team has in the snow? You’re confusing this current roster with another.

You know, mccoy, Benjamin, Tyrod...  

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Steptide said:

I DO NOT want bad weather. Our weakest part of the offense is the run game. 

You want singletery and moss/Williams carrying the team on their shoulders? 

I don't want them touching the ball except maybe on a pass play. It gets tiring watching 1 and 2 yard runs from our RB's

13 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Earlier this year NE played the Ravens on a rainy night.  The first half wasn't bad and the Ravens did okay on O.  But the 4th quarter had heavy rain and the Ravens were shut out that quarter and lost the game 23 - 17.  Bad weather clearly hurt the Ravens that night.

Bad weather would slow players down and come close to equalizing short area speed meaning Jackson would not be able to accelerate as quickly 

• Awesome! (+1) 1