Potential for interesting weather if game played Sunday

Big Turk

7 hours ago, nucci said:

even though we are a passing offense and high winds hurt us? 

This is why we drafted Allen.  He has the arm strength to cut through those winds.  Lamar does not.  To me, this should make the Buffalo D that much more committed to stopping the Baltimore run with 8 in the box.

I think the weather will help as long as our WRs are able to catch the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

A few articles on throwing the ball in high winds. Bottom line:

1) Can’t loft the ball— need to throw on a line. 

2) need to focus on intermediate and short routes.

3) wind shouldn’t be a problem 0-15 MPH. Over 20 MPH is where you see QB’s stats start to drop off.

https://www.sportsrec.com/throw-football-bad-weather-conditions-4546297.html

https://towardsdatascience.com/football-weather-diving-into-the-effects-of-weather-on-nfl-qb-performance-f0edb420623d

Sounds perfect for Allen.

He never lofts his passes... it's actually something I wish he would do more, but the way he throws cuts through wind.

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Sounds perfect for Allen.

He never lofts his passes... it's actually something I wish he would do more, but the way he throws cuts through wind.

i mostly agree with you— though I noticed since the Broncos game, he has actually developed a great loft on his deep ball now.  But let’s hope he sticks with those lasers tomorrow. 

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i mostly agree with you— though I noticed since the Broncos game, he has actually developed a great loft on his deep ball now.  But let’s hope he sticks with those lasers tomorrow. 

But his loft isn't the same type of loft you'll see from the likes of Russell Wilson.

Allen's deep ball still seems to cut through the air more rather than be a drop in the bucket the way Wilson does it.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, nucci said:

Allen's running abilities are under the radar? 

In comparison to Allens threat to pass, what do you think? In comparison to Lamar Jackson? Yes, Josh Allen has used his legs sparingly this season by design.  Slowing down the passing game of Buffalo is a must If your the opposition. Stopping the run almost an afterthought IMO. Josh Allen can run the football like Cam Newton in his prime IMO. He just hasn't been doing it. 

Josh Allens running abilities are still flying under the radar in my opinion. By design.

Edited by Figster

"Big strong arm that can slice through winds and weather"

This has always been a junk notion. I'm guessing the model here was Bledsoe or Elway.

Watch great cold weather or snow games....all screen passes and lots of running.

Best Cold weather QBs ever were guys like Starr, Brady, Flutie, Kosar, Bradshaw.

Kelly was one too, and Kelly had a middle to strong arm but i never felt it was as live as the upper guys that started coming on the scene in the 90s like Favre. Watch those old K gun weather games and see how many screen yards Thurmal and Kenny Davis reaped.

Gotta adjust playcalling for weather, cant just heave it downfield.

Edited by RichRiderBills

2 hours ago, Figster said:

In comparison to Allens threat to pass, what do you think? In comparison to Lamar Jackson? Yes, Josh Allen has used his legs sparingly this season by design.  Slowing down the passing game of Buffalo is a must If your the opposition. Stopping the run almost an afterthought IMO. Josh Allen can run the football like Cam Newton in his prime IMO. He just hasn't been doing it. 

Josh Allens running abilities are still flying under the radar in my opinion. By design.

I get he's not running as much but his ability to run is well known around the league

• Thank you (+1) 1