Potential for interesting weather if game played Sunday

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

This is a team built for a dome not to play in snow.  Let's hope it is 38 and sunny.  

And anyone growing up in Buffalo knows there is no point to check the weather until 2 hours before kickoff and then again at half-time. That's the only time you will have a hint of what it will do.

I want a blizzard. People who LIVE in the conditions are still better prepared than those that don't.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

This is a team built for a dome not to play in snow.  Let's hope it is 38 and sunny.  

And anyone growing up in Buffalo knows there is no point to check the weather until 2 hours before kickoff and then again at half-time. That's the only time you will have a hint of what it will do.

Sounds nice but not true. A few weeks ago they posted a Winter Storm Watch 3 days before it got here and it did pretty much exactly what they said it would.

Lake effect is tricky to predict in terms of exactly where the bands will set up because even very small shifts in wind direction can make the difference between no snow and 2 feet of snow. Additionally the timing of when it starts and how much moisture will be available and if there is any atmospheric shearing and/or pockets of dry air are hard to predict but the overall outcome is more accurately predicted in advance.

I DO NOT want bad weather. Our weakest part of the offense is the run game. 

4 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I want a blizzard. People who LIVE in the conditions are still better prepared than those that don't.

You want singletery and moss/Williams carrying the team on their shoulders? 

From what I can see it looks like both Saturday and Sunday have the same chance for lake effect at this point.

NFL wants a snow game - extra ratings. Will they schedule the Bills game for the timeslot with the best chance of snow?

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Im praying for the game to be Sat evening which is Sunday noon at my local bar...

Cant watch another Bills playoff game sober... ( Colts game kicked off at 5am..)

Are you watching the game on NFL GamePass?

If so, just watch it delayed by a couple hours.  I did that yesterday and it was so worth it.  Crack open a brew at noon and hit the "play" button.

Let's go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Sounds nice but not true. A few weeks ago they posted a Winter Storm Watch 3 days before it got here and it did pretty much exactly what they said it would.

Lake effect is tricky to predict in terms of exactly where the bands will set up because even very small shifts in wind direction can make the difference between no snow and 2 feet of snow. Additionally the timing of when it starts and how much moisture will be available and if there is any atmospheric shearing and/or pockets of dry air are hard to predict but the overall outcome is more accurately predicted in advance.

So your second paragraph pretty much disagrees with your first and supports my post. There is little chance to know what the weather conditions will be like until a few hours before game time if that.

31 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm not worried either way.  Coach McDermott is 1-0 in snow games at the Ralph.

Remember he played for a tie in that game....

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

No one is prepared for a blizzard and all the potential opponents are familiar with bad weather.  

Bills are a finesse team. The better the conditions the better shot we have of winning.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Do you think when it snows really hard that the Bills practice outside or in the field house?  There is no advantage for the Bills in a snow game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chicharito said:

Calling for high winds both days also!

Guess noodle arm Jackson will be in trouble if he tries to throw the ball

36 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

In bad weather Baltimore might hang 50 on us. 

Did you forget what happened last year? We held them to 250ish yards of offense and their run game was mostly ineffective. 

6 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Im praying for the game to be Sat evening which is Sunday noon at my local bar...

Cant watch another Bills playoff game sober... ( Colts game kicked off at 5am..)

I love the aussie women..they are just on the south side of HOT.