Potential for interesting weather if game played Sunday

Big Turk

Looks like there is good potential for Lake Effect snow in the Forecast Discussion on NOAA Buffalo for Sunday after a frontal passage on late Saturday/early Sunday...

Could make for an interesting game if we are scheduled to play Sunday...

Edited by Big Turk

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

we want it to be clear regardless. We are a passing team and down a RB next week. We may throw 40 times

Agree. Snow hurts us more than the Steelers or Ravens. Lamar’s running and Big Ben’s five yard passing game can go on in a snow storm. Our passing game suffers more. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Im praying for the game to be Sat evening which is Sunday noon at my local bar...

Cant watch another Bills playoff game sober... ( Colts game kicked off at 5am..)

Out of curiosity, do they normally show NFL games in Aussie bars? I'm guessing it's more only certain pubs right? I remember cricket being on all the TV's when I went to Perth and Darwin back when I was in the Marines.

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

Out of curiosity, do they normally show NFL games in Aussie bars? I'm guessing it's more only certain pubs right? I remember cricket being on all the TV's when I went to Perth and Darwin back when I was in the Marines.

The popularity of NFL has increased a lot over the past 10 years.. particularly with the younger crowd... One theory I have is that its a great betting sport and Aussies are pretty crazy gamblers.. so as sports gambling is now pretty prevalent in all bars than this has helped increase the interest..

GIven the time difference with the night US games lining up with lunchtime on the East Coast of Aust, its pretty common to walk into a bar at that time and there being at least one TV on showing the game,..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Agree. Snow hurts us more than the Steelers or Ravens. Lamar’s running and Big Ben’s five yard passing game can go on in a snow storm. Our passing game suffers more. 

People - snow IS NOT detrimental to a passing game unless it’s heavy like the 2017 Indy game. Think of all the Jim Kelly playoff games. Footing is not nearly the issue for the WR who knows where he’s going as it is to the DB who’s reacting to the route

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

No accuracy whatsover in weather forecast 6 days away with the big lakes unfrozen this time of year.   

Even major systems are unpredictable this far out.  48 hours and in MAYBE.

As far as timing there isn't but as far as having a general idea of what is going to happen especially when multiple models agree there is.