Adjustments/Changes For next week

RyanC883

So, with a great win out of the way and another game next week, what changes should we make.  Here is what I saw last week.  

Good:  Allen, Diggs, Beasly, Davis, really the passing game.  Bass: two huge FG’s.  Poyer and Hyde showed up consistently on D.  Big fumble caused by Poyer that inexplicably got called an incomplete pass. 

Ok:  running game.  Not too bad given the defense they faced. 

Bad:  defense.  3rd down D was bad, run D was bad, and pass D abnormally bad, with TE’s abusing us.  Milano had a subpar game.  I don’t expect he has 2 in a row.  Roberts had a terrible game, I don’t expect a repeat of that either.   

Changes: Offense:   I expect the offense to keep humming along, but we need better play calling on offense. We are an elite passing offense, so use that as our main weapon.  Do not run 3 times in a row, ever.  This is not the time to suddenly go conservative on O.  

On Defense, I would elevate and activate Dane Jackson, he generally has big games, and that should help the pass D.  We also need to figure out how to get more QB pressure.  I have no ideas there.  AJ Kelin blitzing?  

What adjustments would you all make?  

• Like (+1) 3

I agree on Dane Jackson. I think Norman played so much because of the opponent & they wanted his tackling ability vs the Colts' RBs. Jackson is much better in pass coverage than Norman.

I wouldn't mind seeing some big Nickel with Milano in Taron Johnson's role. Taron was horrible in coverage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

So, with a great win out of the way and another game next week, what changes should we make.  Here is what I saw last week.  

Good:  Allen, Diggs, Beasly, Davis, really the passing game.  Bass: two huge FG’s.  Poyer and Hyde showed up consistently on D.  Big fumble caused by Poyer that inexplicably got called an incomplete pass. 

Ok:  running game.  Not too bad given the defense they faced. 

Bad:  defense.  3rd down D was bad, run D was bad, and pass D abnormally bad, with TE’s abusing us.  Milano had a subpar game.  I don’t expect he has 2 in a row.  Roberts had a terrible game, I don’t expect a repeat of that either.   

Changes: Offense:   I expect the offense to keep humming along, but we need better play calling on offense. We are an elite passing offense, so use that as our main weapon.  Do not run 3 times in a row, ever.  This is not the time to suddenly go conservative on O.  

On Defense, I would elevate and activate Dane Jackson, he generally has big games, and that should help the pass D.  We also need to figure out how to get more QB pressure.  I have no ideas there.  AJ Kelin blitzing?  

What adjustments would you all make?  

I agree with alot of your adjustments, I think Milano has alot better game mainly cuz I dont think we will face another team like the Colts who love quick cross patterns at the LB level. They attacked that part of the feild the entire game. And qb pressure was nearly impossible, that was arguably the best Oline in the NFL with a qb that was playing at an elite level of getting the ball out fast and accurately. Depending on who we play, hopefully steelers then it might be more of the same. Quick passes from big ben. But the oline isn't near the Colts, id like to see Klein and epenesa unleashed at the qb. But if there's any way we can improve 3rd down defense I'd start there.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LittleSammy said:

Tell Daboll no job interviews the day after the game. Use the week to focus on the game plan vs. preparing for the damn interviews.

I thought the rules were today was the only day he could interview until the playoffs (or the team loses) were over?

Mckenzie and AJ Klein had a combined 7 snaps yesterday. Neither of them had an injury designation on the final injury report (I know McKenzie was listed with an ankle earlier) so it may have just been the game plan for the Colts, but hopefully they are both healthier and more involved next week.

Without McKenzie's speed and jet motion, defenses don't have to defend the wider areas of the field with our running attack and Klein has been great in limited snaps blitzing and controlling the LoS. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 947 said:

I agree on Dane Jackson. I think Norman played so much because of the opponent & they wanted his tackling ability vs the Colts' RBs. Jackson is much better in pass coverage than Norman.

I wouldn't mind seeing some big Nickel with Milano in Taron Johnson's role. Taron was horrible in coverage.

Taron has the hardest job on the defense. It's easy to pick on him but if he just had to drop into a zone you wouldn't see his name called as often.  He gets all the crossing routes having to navigate through the linebackers.  It's a selfless role. 

Put Levi back in there.  Norman is shot.  

• Like (+1) 1