Wild Card: early game Baltimore at Tenn 1:05 on ESPN

1 minute ago, Raleigh • √eff said:

Could you imagine Deshaun Watson in Baltimore. SB favorites.

I mean, sorta... but really they have regressed wholistically this year... their offensive line lost Yanda and then Stanley got hurt, the defense hasn’t been nearly as good.

the one thing they do good is run and that’s because of Lamar. 

Lamar is good.  People saying he’s trash are just hating. 

However, is he the type of good you can win in the Playoffs with?  

Remains to be seen. 

Allen proved himself yesterday against an top tier defense, knowing he had to score on limited opportunities due to our defensive struggles.   I can only imagine the anxiety of a close playoff game in which you see the clock bleeding while on the sidelines.  

Lamar has a good defense and offense tailored to his skill set.  He can shut everyone up if he starts carrying his team like Josh did. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Remains to be seen. 

Allen proved himself yesterday against an top tier defense, knowing he had to score on limited opportunities due to our defensive struggles.   I can only imagine the anxiety of a close playoff game in which you see the clock bleeding while on the sidelines.  

Lamar has a good defense and offense tailored to his skill set.  He can shut everyone up if he starts carrying his team like Josh did. 

He’s a horrible qb... he can run that’s it...  

Just now, SCBills said:

Remains to be seen. 

But what do you mean when you say he’s good?

Is he good enough to beat you consistently with his arm? If he couldn’t run would be good? 

I don’t think anyone doubts his running skills, but the problem is when that breaks down his arm doesn’t do the rest consistently enough to win. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Remains to be seen. 

Lamar is a good weapon. He's a good football player. 

He's not a good QB. Period. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, gordong said:

He’s a horrible qb... he can run that’s it...  

Horrible thrower, yes.  Horrible QB, no.  He’s dynamic.. non-traditional, but dynamic. 

Just not sure it works against peer teams in high pressure games.  He absolutely murders bad-average teams. 

Edited by SCBills

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Totally right. Tanny gets no respect. It’s clear Miami coaching held him back. I really like him— he is a baller. 

Initially Miami helped him grow into it a bit.  Then Gase came along and boom. Can Darnold repeat this pattern?  I can see him improving for sure but Talleywhacker is bigger and more mobile.  He is easily a top 10 guy IMO.

In no order Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson are clearly better at this point.  I can see arguing for Wilson, Brees, even Brady over Tanny.  After that?

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Remains to be seen. 

I think Lamar is one of the best athletes in the league.  I just don't think he is a good QB.  I don't think he can read a defense well enough nor pass the ball well enough.  If that's hate then go ahead and call me a hater.

That Ravens pass rush is what makes me unsettled about them. I'm not scared of their offense. We did a good job against them last year except for one busted coverage. Our offense is well ahead of where it was last year when we played them. Josh was under pressure a lot yesterday. The Ravens front is just as good, if not better. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Initially Miami helped him grow into it a bit.  Then Gase came along and boom. Can Darnold repeat this pattern?  I can see him improving for sure but Talleywhacker is bigger and more mobile.  He is easily a top 10 guy IMO.

In no order Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson are clearly better at this point.  I can see arguing for Wilson, Brees, even Brady over Tanny.  After that?

I remember in Miami they didn’t let him throw more than 3 yards down the field. I think he had a worse YPA than Trent Edwards. Lo and behold, the guy can and loves to launch it deep. 

but I agree with your rankings. I would put those other guys in front of him. But Tanny is a legit Super Bowl caliber QB. 

28 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

pretty unfair, IMO. That’s enough to give them the most notable home field advantage, unlike the one we get or any other (semi-responsible) city gets.  

I agree.  Well if Tenn has to play at KC next weekend they will get a dose of their own medicine.  Chiefs allowing at least 12-15k fans maybe more.

It was glaring yesterday after Bills game how Seattle and Washington were dead silent. seemed very strange.  So glad NYS found a way to let some Bills fans attend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I think Lamar is one of the best athletes in the league.  I just don't think he is a good QB.  I don't think he can read a defense well enough nor pass the ball well enough.  If that's hate then go ahead and call me a hater.

Honestly, it’s just semantics.  

We both seem to think he has fatal weaknesses, I just don’t say he’s a bad QB because I think outside-the-box can work to some degree at the position.