SDS

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

there are some posts I am less likely to reply to if I can state my disagreement via a quick click.... just a thought.

I went to like this and there was an “agree” button!!’ What the heck!

I hadn’t thought of the bolded, and it is a valid point. I would say there also could be some positive value to that in that the disagreeing posts are more likely to have good thoughts instead of extra clutter on the thread.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

what if I post @Virgil sucks?

now we need a double agree button!!!

2 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

I hadn’t thought of the bolded, and it is a valid point. I would say there also could be some positive value to that in that the disagreeing posts are more likely to have good thoughts instead of extra clutter on the thread.

the counter point to my own argument is that if someone clicks disagree on my post, I’m likely to tag them and ask them why.... so.... 😛

Edited by whatdrought

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

Much prefer thumbs up to agree.  Thumbs up has been around forever.

That's where the confusion lies. Facebook uses thumbs up for "like" and you can't really go against that paradigm.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

We need a negative reaction other than confused or sad. Those ones are ambiguous. 

agreed. I would delete “confused.” I hate when someone “confuse”

emojis me. They are toying with my emotions. Do they find me confusing, do they think I am being an idiot and so are giving me a sarcastic googly eye, or are they legitimately confused themselves?  (Yeah, I have thin skin). 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

emojis me. They are toying with my emotions. Do they find me confusing, do they think I am being an idiot and so are giving me a sarcastic googly eye, or are they legitimately confused themselves?  (Yeah, I have thin skin). 

Agreed with all, though it’s not that I have thin skin, it’s just that other people’s opinion form my identity and I’m catatonic if I don’t know what they think of me... 

• Haha (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Maybe we need an official legend so we all agree what they mean.

Honestly the first 3 below have overlap and I'm not sure.

Here's a stab at it...

image.thumb.png.fbc4d3ec96d653e9c0a5c7b18ef1817a.png

I suppose those are more verbose, but I tried to match the title with the image with the reaction. 

What is the difference between "Thanks!" and "Cheers to that, Pal"?

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The internet is sure the wrong place to be with thin skin 😆 , but on a serious note, I agree. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

I suppose those are more verbose, but I tried to match the title with the image with the reaction. 

What is the difference between "Thanks!" and "Cheers to that, Pal"?

Well I'm officially embarrassed. I never realized descriptors showed up when you hovered over the icons until just now! Got 'em. All seem good. If having the agree icon, I would think a disagree icon would be good too (for consistency). If someone chooses to use the "Skeptical, Confused, or Sad" icon to further describe why they don't like/disagree with something instead, they could... but just a general "disagree" would be good for a reaction that isn't necessarily "Skeptical, Confused, or Sad"