Gabriel Davis sideline catch

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Watched the replay a few times this morning on ESPN who did a nice job showing the sliver of green in between Davis' left foot and the sideline.  But in watching those replays it looked to me as though he bobbled the ball slightly after getting two feet in, reestablishing full possession only AFTER he lifted his right foot.  

If any of you care to review the play and comment, I'd like to read your takes.  I think it could have been ruled incomplete based on the late bobble.

Some of these will never be 100% clear 

2 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Watched the replay a few times this morning on ESPN who did a nice job showing the sliver of green in between Davis' left foot and the sideline.  But in watching those replays it looked to me as though he bobbled the ball slightly after getting two feet in, reestablishing full possession only AFTER he lifted his right foot.  

If any of you care to review the play and comment, I'd like to read your takes.  I think it could have been ruled incomplete based on the late bobble.

if they had called it incomplete on the field, that call woulda stood as well. No clear and convincing evidence to overturn what was called.

Bottomline: bobbling the ball the ball doesn’t invalidate the catch so long as WR have control. one way a replay official judges control is by seeing if at least one hand is always on the ball. I think Gabe always had one hand on the ball.

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He should be nominated twice for TOE DRAG SWAG in that game 

The "puff" of pellets was proof  :)

3 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Gabe Davis is everything we thought Zay Jones would be. He’s gonna be scary good in a couple years.

Robert Woods

47 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

He dropped an easy one in week 2

These things can nag at you. Like a hangnail and such

2 minutes ago, Special K said:

Thos rubber pellets plus HD television makes those calls a lot easier to make!!

I still agree that Ref these calls should remain that the call on the field carries more weight than
upstairs "  ability to reverse with HD slow mo

lol

maybe it was Ian Eagle who i am quoting  "Puff of pellets "
But yep. Gabe is King of the Toe Drag for now

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Gabe Davis is everything we thought Zay Jones would be. He’s gonna be scary good in a couple years.

He's got time. He can develop into a much better drugged up naked hotel vandalizer with a higher ceiling. 

Zay-Jones-Arrest-TMZ-Window-30th-floor.p

Edited by benderbender
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

2nd throw I thought was more impressive. Rolling to his left and throwing cross body while being chased. We've seen it several times this year.  I can honestly say from what I've seen this year that no QB tosses a better cross body throw with velocity and accuracy than our boy Josh. That's not homerism, it's reality.

What I really loved about that throw was Josh taking a moment before the throw to get himself set. 2 years ago, or last year even, he just launches that ball IMO, and who knows where it ends up. But with that extra moment he was able to deliver a precise throw to set up an amazing catch.

Edited by MRW
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

You're a late bobble

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

These things can nag at you. Like a hangnail and such

I still agree that Ref these calls should remain that the call on the field carries more weight than
upstairs "  ability to reverse with HD slow mo

lol

maybe it was Ian Eagle who i am quoting  "Puff of pellets "
But yep. Gabe is King of the Toe Drag for now

Kevin Harlan, puff of tar

5 hours ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

This sounds dirty

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

This is correct

I thought the other sideline catch was closer to be honest. It was hard to tell if he had already lifted his foot up before he had caught the ball. Again they ruled it a catch so there was not enough to overturn.  

One thing going in his favor on that one is they said during the broadcast you could see the pebbles popping up, a sure sign of the toe drag.