Allen checks off the final box vs Colts

28 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm pretty certain I watched the game. 

Why don't you make a counter argument to my position instead of responding like a jerk?   I'm a reasonable person, you could convince me I'm mistaken.  Maybe I could change your mind.  You know, like two grown ups having a conversation...

Josh’s throws occurred after an average of 3.2 seconds. That’s a significant amount of time. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, TroutDog said:

Josh’s throws occurred after an average of 3.2 seconds. That’s a significant amount of time. 

That is a lot of time to hold the ball.

35 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Fair point Bang, but the Bills might not make a Super Bowl for years despite Josh Allen playing amazing football.  It is a team sport after all.  I don't think it's reasonable to say that the only criteria for Josh Allen to be considered as good a QB as Mahomes is if he wins a Super Bowl. 

By your criteria Jim Kelly was not an elite QB.

What are you taking about with my criteria? 

You’re entire premise was comparing Josh to Mahomes. My point is that I don’t see how a Wild Card win could be the final check box in that comparison when Mahomes has already been league MVP, SB champion and SB MVP. 

I didn’t need yesterday’s win to convince me Josh is one of the best QBs in the league. Maybe you did. 

9 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What are you taking about with my criteria? 

You’re entire premise was comparing Josh to Mahomes. My point is that I don’t see how a Wild Card win could be the final check box in that comparison when Mahomes has already been league MVP, SB champion and SB MVP. 

I didn’t need yesterday’s win to convince me Josh is one of the best QBs in the league. Maybe you did. 

If you read my post I say why yesterday's game was my final check box.  You can disagree with that if you' d like.  Mahomes had won in the playoffs and Josh hadn't.  The last time we saw Josh in the playoffs he went off the rails when the chips were down.  He didn't this time.  Not only didn't he go off the rails, he's the reason we manage to sneak out a win at all.   

Mahomes is a generational quarterback.  He also happens to be on the most talented roster in the NFL with one of it's best coaches.  I hope Josh will win a Super Bowl, and a Super Bowl MVP, and NFL MVP someday, but we both know those awards have a lot to do with overall team play as well, not just QB play.  I don't need to see those feathers in Josh's cap to say that I think he is as good as Mahomes.  My last question was could Josh bring it in the playoffs, and he just did.

1 hour ago, qwksilver said:

Marino VS Kelly VS Elway

Peyton VS Brady

Allen VS Mahomes The NFL is in good hands for the next 12 years

Watson should be added to that as well and likely Herbert will be in that convo by year 3.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm pretty certain I watched the game. 

Why don't you make a counter argument to my position instead of responding like a jerk?   I'm a reasonable person, you could convince me I'm mistaken.  Maybe I could change your mind.  You know, like two grown ups having a conversation...

I didn’t care to be a Football 101 instructor, which your post suggests you require. But, ok, you called me out. Our OL pass blocking is an absolute strength of the team. I wouldn’t trade Morse, Mongo, Winters or Dawkins for anyone for their pass blocking savvy. Allen may be known for rolling out/making plays on the run, but most of those times he chooses to -not because of pressure. If there’s a snapshot of Allen anywhere, it’s him standing like a statue, waiting for someone to break open. 

Again, if you watch Bills games, you’d know this and wouldn’t demand explanation. Thus, you lost me on that take.

4 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

There was a thread the other day on the board about Mahomes vs Allen.  Mahomes got my vote.  My position was that Josh's ceiling was higher, but he still needed to show that he could win when the stakes were high and all the chips were in the middle of the table.  I said that when he can keep his composure during the playoffs and continue to play at the same elite level that he has been playing during the regular season, then I would change my mind.

Josh Allen is the reason the Bills are going onto the Divisional Round of the playoffs next week.  He was the running game and the passing game this week.  He threw at 75% accuracy.  He didn't turn the ball over.  He took one bad sack in the game as the only play that he would probably want to have back.  His shotput touchdown pass to Knox while falling down on a called QB keeper was preposterous.  If Mahomes makes that play it leads SportsCenter for two days.

Not only did Josh keep it together and continue to play fantastic ball on the big stage, he played well enough to overcome a poor game plan, a defense that couldn't make a third down stop, an O-line that could neither run nor pass block, and RBs who couldn't get anything going.  He was solid as a rock despite everything going wrong around him and dragged his team kicking and screaming across the finish line to a win.

I don't have any more questions about Josh Allen.  The Buffalo Bills are set at QB for the next 10+ years.  Pay the man, Beane

I agree everything you said accept it being the final box... Getting the the AFCC game is a box. Getting the the SB is a box. Winning a SB is a box. all 3 unchecked..