Replace 12th man from Ring and add #BillsMafia

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Not one of them uses the term Bills Mafia.  Not ONE.  How many is a ***** ton equal to?  

I feel that you’re either lying for the sake of your side of the argument or you’re just ignorant to what terms those fans use.  Unless, a ***** ton is only equal to 20 or so.

my 80 year old aunts and uncles use the term.  I actually don’t know of one Bills fan in my circle of friends, other than from this site, that doesn’t use the term.  

Couldn't say exactly as no one probably could but 50 would be a low number. No one calls it that, no one that I know. Sure, I see the signs at the stadium but I have no idea who those people are.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Buffalo ill said:

As someone who lives in the northwest, the "12th man" bandwagoners were out of control a few years back.  These dolts even had "12" flags on their cars.  I haven't seen any of those for a while now, lol.

Don't worry about what some Seattle bandwagon fans did.

Is that a joke? They're absolutely ubiquitous. The Seahawks 12th man flag is everywhere, all the time, in Seattle. 

Cars, houses, hospitals, restaurants, grocery stores, government buildings, offices....everywhere.

24 minutes ago, BuffaloBob said:

I don't and I'm not.

Everyone outside of of Buffalo associates Bills Mafia with bills fans.  Everyone. Not one person outside of buffalo associates the bills with 12th man. 

you’re not what?  You’re not a part of Bills Mafia?  

25 minutes ago, T&C said:

Couldn't say exactly as no one probably could but 50 would be a low number. No one calls it that, no one that I know. Sure, I see the signs at the stadium but I have no idea who those people are.

so you’ve never heard than use the term or you’ve heard them say that they never use the term Bills Mafia?  Big difference 

27 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

No!

Nationally the narrative seems to be getting better. It is more about the passionate fan base than the morons that are drunk and table jumping.  Which is good, but it is still a word that does not need to be glorified.  

I don't need a label to be a fan.  

This doesn’t have to do with you.

The fan base has been labeled already. The fan base has been labeled on our stadium walls.  The term that is used for us on our stadium walls isn’t a term that is used for this fan base anymore.  12th man WAS used for our fan base, by our fan base. It’s not anymore.  Why keep it?  I don’t understand.

To me, the term Bills Mafia has nothing to do with the actual mafia.  I don’t think the term Bills Mafia is glorifying the mafia.  But this is 2021.  Such a sensitive world we live.

9 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Is that a joke? They're absolutely ubiquitous. The Seahawks 12th man flag is everywhere, all the time, in Seattle. 

Cars, houses, hospitals, restaurants, grocery stores, government buildings, offices....everywhere.

It’s literally everywhere in Seattle.  Everywhere

56 minutes ago, Buffalo ill said:

As someone who lives in the northwest, the "12th man" bandwagoners were out of control a few years back.  These dolts even had "12" flags on their cars.  I haven't seen any of those for a while now, lol.

Don't worry about what some Seattle bandwagon fans did.

You should get out more when the pandemic is over.  I go to Seattle at least once a year.  12 is everywhere 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

The fan base has been labeled already. The fan base has been labeled on our stadium walls.  The term that is used for us on our stadium walls isn’t a term that is used for this fan base anymore.  12th man WAS used for our fan base, by our fan base. It’s not anymore.  Why keep it?  I don’t understand.

To me, the term Bills Mafia has nothing to do with the actual mafia.  I don’t think the term Bills Mafia is glorifying the mafia.  But this is 2021.  Such a sensitive world we live.

I'm fine with getting rid of the 12th man too.  We don't need a name. We are Bills' fans.  There is no other Bills team to confuse us with.  

Nationally it was first a term to describe drunken table jumpers. It may not have been that way in Western NY but it was and it was embarrassing. It has fortunately morphed into describing a fan base that travels or shows up very well on road games and in general just a passionate fan base.  That is a good, but for the life of me I can't figure why they can't just say Bills fans showed up in force at (insert away stadium) as opposed to saying Bills Mafia.  

In the end, I don't care that much one way or another.   I just don't want to be associated with drunk table jumpers honestly.  It's a embarrassment for the entire region.  And for the record I'm an elitist.  I'd rather it be known that it was the home of Tim Russert than table jumpers.  But that is just my opinion.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'm fine with getting rid of the 12th man too.  We don't need a name. We are Bills' fans.  There is no other Bills team to confuse us with.  

Nationally it was first a term to describe drunken table jumpers. It may not have been that way in Western NY but it was and it was embarrassing. It has fortunately morphed into describing a fan base that travels or shows up very well on road games and in general just a passionate fan base.  That is a good, but for the life of me I can't figure why they can't just say Bills fans showed up in force at (insert away stadium) as opposed to saying Bills Mafia.  

In the end, I don't care that much one way or another.   I just don't want to be associated with drunk table jumpers honestly.  It's a embarrassment for the entire region.  And for the record I'm an elitist.  I'd rather it be known that it was the home of Tim Russert than table jumpers.  But that is just my opinion.  

Because it’s 2021.  Social media > all.  Bills mafia is all over social media.  It’s a real thing.  Raider nation isn’t all of a sudden going to be called Raider fans.  It’s boring.  It makes no sense.  Why would we?  Because we were once associated as table jumpers?  I don’t get it.  

I’m no spring chicken, but I do understand that social media is a huge part of this world.  I’m not a big fan of it but I take part in it because I don’t want to get left behind.   The term Bills Mafia isn’t going anywhere. You’ll be a part of it until you’re not a Bills fan. That’s just the reality of the situation

4 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

12th man is famous in Seattle .. it is just something we have on our Ring of Honor. We are BillsMafia and the Ring should reflect that. If anyone knows somebody that works for the Bills .. put in a good word. Should happen first week next year when fans. Are fully back. 

#BillsMafia

Ummm....no.

On a related note, WGRZ during its newscast, pukes all over themselves with the repeated use of "Bills Mafia", then on the night before the game, they led their newscast off with "one more sleep" until the big game.  Who writes their copy...a bunch of 13 year old girls?

Edited by BTB

35 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It’s literally everywhere in Seattle.  Everywhere

You should get out more when the pandemic is over.  I go to Seattle at least once a year.  12 is everywhere 

I haven't been to Seattle in 15 or more years. I'm allergic to major urban areas.

54 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Living in the northwest does not exclude everything east of Seattle.  I should have clarified.  Where I live (Northern Idaho) is well within the regional influence of Seattle teams.

My point still stands.  The 12th man bandwagon (mainly dude's wives or guys who never followed sports before) were coming out of the gutters like rats here.  The best part is they were constantly acting like the made up the term 12th man.  Now the flags have disappeared 

Edited by Buffalo ill

Sorry mate, Ive been a Bills fan since the 70's, and will never refer to myself as being part of Bills Mafia.

Its one of the gayest things Ive heard. 

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Let's go Buffalo!

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, WhoTom said:

In that case, I'd prefer Bills Family. I know "Mafia" sounds more badass, but I'm not crazy about the organized crime reference, which seems to be more appropriate for that team near Boston.

The team near Boston got help with spying from KGB so KGB is more appropriate than Mafia.

doubt a professional organization wants the word "mafia"  anywhere on its stadium.     gotta remember that mafia is an organized crime syndicate.    really not sure how we the fan base became the mafia,  i dont enjoy it,  think it lacks class.   mafia does not mean "family".  for most of the world it means murder, crime, and taking advantage of its community.

12th man is history,  and it has zero negativity attached to it.

Edited by bigduke6
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

12th man is famous in Seattle .. it is just something we have on our Ring of Honor. We are BillsMafia and the Ring should reflect that. If anyone knows somebody that works for the Bills .. put in a good word. Should happen first week next year when fans. Are fully back. 

#BillsMafia

We were the 12 man before the Seahawks.

In fact the only one using 12th man should be the Texas A&m Aggies

• Like (+1) 1