Replace 12th man from Ring and add #BillsMafia

12 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Well you must not know a lot about the history of organized crime in WNY.

I'm happy to say that you're right about that. 🙂

I'm of Sicilian ancestry and I grew up in WNY but, to my knowledge, nobody in my family was involved in organized crime. I did find out a few years ago that one set of my great grandparents moved their family from Russel, PA to WNY because a mobster had his eyes on their daughter - the young lady who would eventually marry a WNY guy and become my grandmother. So in that respect, I suppose I owe my very existence to the PA mafia.

But my aversion to the term has nothing to do with my ancestry - I'd just prefer not to be affiliated with the mob. And for the record, The Godfather is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

Bills fans will never tire of trying to honor themselves. The fans definitely are great supporters of the team, but certainly are lacking in modesty. I've never heard any other fan base talk about themselves as much as Bills fans. It's like the team is a vehicle to draw attention to themselves.  The number of self congratulating posts found here and other platforms is astounding.

2 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

12th man is famous in Seattle .. it is just something we have on our Ring of Honor. We are BillsMafia and the Ring should reflect that. If anyone knows somebody that works for the Bills .. put in a good word. Should happen first week next year when fans. Are fully back. 

#BillsMafia

no.

Bills Family. 

La Famiglia / Familia 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

I don’t understand why people would be opposed to this.  Do those who don’t like it just don’t like the term mafia?  Do those think that it represents people smashing through tables?

12th man = the fans.  It’s not a Buffalo Bills phrase. It’s Texas A&Ms phrase.  

In the nfl, teams refer to the 12th man as the Seattle Seahawks phrase.  

No one, other than Bills fans associates the 12th man with the Bills. Everyone associates bills fans with Bills Mafia. 

the Bills franchise acknowledged that the fans are Bills Mafia.

As someone who lives in the northwest, the "12th man" bandwagoners were out of control a few years back.  These dolts even had "12" flags on their cars.  I haven't seen any of those for a while now, lol.

Don't worry about what some Seattle bandwagon fans did.

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Well you clearly weren't around for the Super Bowl years if that's what you think

I was around for joe Ferguson.. so yeah I was there for the Super Bowls. The fact is when people think of our fan base it is BillsMafia .. it is iconic

Just now, CorkScrewHill said:

I was around for joe Ferguson.. so yeah I was there for the Super Bowls. The fact is when people think of our fan base it is BillsMafia .. it is iconic

Yes but you can't erase history either.  The 12th Man is heavily associated with the Super Bowl runs and it's not like you should take Jim Kelly's name off the wall of fame because someday Josh Allen will be going up there ya know?  I'm sure once we achieve some true success in this era(which I think we're well on our way) Bills Mafia will be honored or recognized in some way(not sure it goes up on the wall but there could be some kind of statue or plaque outside the stadium or something)

28 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

no.

Bills Family. 

La Famiglia / Familia 

Bills Family could work.  I saw that around the stadium yesterday.

I’m not Bills Mafia or nothing.  I just don’t feel 12th man is fitting for our fan base and should be replaced with something more fitting

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I know a ***** ton of Bills fans and not one of them uses the term bills mafia so no.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Bills Family could work.  I saw that around the stadium yesterday.

I’m not Bills Mafia or nothing.  I just don’t feel 12th man is fitting for our fan base and should be replaced with something more fitting

While it's true nobody really refers to Buffalo fans as the 12th Man anymore, mostly because of the Bills Mafia rage, but I dunno I still feel like it's strongly connected to the Bills Super Bowl era and wouldn't want to see it come off the wall because I feel like then your erasing history.  

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

Yes but you can't erase history either.  The 12th Man is heavily associated with the Super Bowl runs and it's not like you should take Jim Kelly's name off the wall of fame because someday Josh Allen will be going up there ya know?  I'm sure once we achieve some true success in this era(which I think we're well on our way) Bills Mafia will be honored or recognized in some way(not sure it goes up on the wall but there could be some kind of statue or plaque outside the stadium or something)

No one will replace Jim Kelly.  They would both be up there.  The name for our fans has changed.  That’s a fact. Pretty much nobody refers to us as the 12th man.  Pretty soon, everyone that was around for the SB years will be the vast minority of bills fans.  

Some would see it as replacing history.  Most would see it as adapting with the times. 

Just now, NewEra said:

No one will replace Jim Kelly.  They would both be up there.  The name for our fans has changed.  That’s a fact. Pretty much nobody refers to us as the 12th man.  Pretty soon, everyone that was around for the SB years will be the vast minority of bills fans.  

Some would see it as replacing history.  Most would see it as adapting with the times. 

That's fair.  Even though I see it differently I can understand that point of view.  I can't see the Pegula's taking it down though.  Like I mentioned in another post, I imagine Bills Mafia will be recognized at the stadium in some way or another at some point.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t understand why people would be opposed to this.  Do those who don’t like it just don’t like the term mafia?  Do those think that it represents people smashing through tables?

12th man = the fans.  It’s not a Buffalo Bills phrase. It’s Texas A&Ms phrase.  

In the nfl, teams refer to the 12th man as the Seattle Seahawks phrase.  

No one, other than Bills fans associates the 12th man with the Bills. Everyone associates bills fans with Bills Mafia. 

the Bills franchise acknowledged that the fans are Bills Mafia.

I’ve been calling it the 12th man since the SB era.  

at that time people feared the Mafia and dared not whisper the word.  

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, T&C said:

I know a ***** ton of Bills fans and not one of them uses the term bills mafia so no.

Not one of them uses the term Bills Mafia.  Not ONE.  How many is a ***** ton equal to?  

I feel that you’re either lying for the sake of your side of the argument or you’re just ignorant to what terms those fans use.  Unless, a ***** ton is only equal to 20 or so.

my 80 year old aunts and uncles use the term.  I actually don’t know of one Bills fan in my circle of friends, other than from this site, that doesn’t use the term.  

• Like (+1) 1