Replace 12th man from Ring and add #BillsMafia

12th man is famous in Seattle .. it is just something we have on our Ring of Honor. We are BillsMafia and the Ring should reflect that. If anyone knows somebody that works for the Bills .. put in a good word. Should happen first week next year when fans. Are fully back. 

#BillsMafia

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

12th man is famous in Seattle .. it is just something we have on our Ring of Honor. We are BillsMafia and the Ring should reflect that. If anyone knows somebody that works for the Bills .. put in a good word. Should happen first week next year when fans. Are fully back. 

#BillsMafia

Hard pass

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

#BillsMafia

So was "the wave," but that eventually faded.  No 12th man for BUF.

29 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

#BillsMafia

We? 

• Like (+1) 2

The 12th Man is the Bills Mafia.  Same thing, different era, different marketing.  

Social media pumps up Bills Mafia.  Winning 4 straight AFC Titles - much was attributed to the 12th Man.  The Stadium had more people in it and it was louder than it is today.  

I think changing it would be a bad idea.  Eventually someone will be offended by the term “mafia” and wonder why people today tolerated such a name.  History repeats itself.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 7

Mafia is still too controversial of a word. Yes, those who use and defend the term have done a really nice job to explain it meaning family. I use it. The franchise have bought into it and now use it, too. But I don't foresee it being put on the wall, especially by taking down "12th Man." 

9 minutes ago, scribo said:

Mafia is still too controversial of a word. Yes, those who use and defend the term have done a really nice job to explain it meaning family. I use it. The franchise have bought into it and now use it, too. But I don't foresee it being put on the wall, especially by taking down "12th Man." 

In that case, I'd prefer Bills Family. I know "Mafia" sounds more badass, but I'm not crazy about the organized crime reference, which seems to be more appropriate for that team near Boston.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

In that case, I'd prefer Bills Family. I know "Mafia" sounds more badass, but I'm not crazy about the organized crime reference, which seems to be more appropriate for that team near Boston.

Well you must not know a lot about the history of organized crime in WNY. Definitely a big presence for a long, time going back to early 1900s.

That said, I never really personally cared for the moniker, but I did like the fact that its creation was “organic” amongst a group of fans, and caught the attention of the players. It’s a fun story. But now that it’s been co-opted and cashed in on by the “suits”, it’s totally lost that romantic type of luster.

The more I heard it the cornier it got. No judgement, it’s just not for me. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

#BillsMafia

Well you clearly weren't around for the Super Bowl years if that's what you think

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

#BillsMafia

Sorry.  I've been a Bills fan since I was 8 and it was 1966.  But I am not BillsMafia.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1