We got our “ Bad game” out of the way.

Buffalo Boy

3 hours ago, mattynh said:

Agreed, going into a playoff game it makes sense to use this more of an option than in the regular season.  However they made it a staple for no reason.  Passing the ball worked, they needed to stick with what got them here a little more.  A few runs, yes I'm good with that but there were a few too many.  Especially against a D that is fantastic vs the run and terrible vs the pass.

What I am about to say here is not Josh hate, I love what he has become, he has improved way more than I thought was possible but there is still room for improvement.  Josh tensed up in the 4th quarter and we saw some "bad Josh".   Earlier in the 4th he was throwing harder than normal, the ball that went through Brown's hands, the next to Beasley where there was good RAC opportunity but his bullet made him go to the ground to secure the catch.  We saw this a lot more in his first two years.  A lot of what has made him better this year is appropriate pace on the ball.  He wants to make a play on every play so when the defense puts him in a position where he is getting wrapped up he fights through, gets out and guess what, another guy shows up.  Sometimes you have to just take the sack.  Go back to the second half vs the Rams, they did this to him consistently, pressure up the middle and then there was a guy in his escape lane on the edge.   That is when bad things can happen.  On that down and distance, a sack was not the end of the world, a turnover is.  Having said all that, these types of plays happen way less frequently now and I think getting a win in a playoff game will help calm him down.  He can now build off the success of winning a playoff game.  

I dont think he tensed up at all...he was trying to break a tackle to throw the ball away because he knew the offense likely needed a td to close out the game the way the defense was playing.  Taking a sack wouldve put them at a huge disadvantage.  You can't blame Josh for a ball going straight through a receivers hands like that either lol

2 hours ago, Adam said:

The QB runs were needed to open things up. Imagine if Rivers had the slightest mobility. It's one more thing to defend

I don’t disagree but make it an option with a drop back. All D coordinators understand the run threat he represents.

Josh knows when to run instinctively. Smacking him into the back of his o line on a poorly blocked run call is dangerous. Once or twice I get but there were too many. He was moving the ball nicely through the air. 

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I dont think he tensed up at all...he was trying to break a tackle to throw the ball away because he knew the offense likely needed a td to close out the game the way the defense was playing.  Taking a sack wouldve put them at a huge disadvantage.  You can't blame Josh for a ball going straight through a receivers hands like that either lol

Even Diggs had a drop. It was a nervous day for many. 

We got away from our identity too often yesterday.  Forget about trying to establish the run.  We need to let Josh outscore teams by throwing, and throwing some more.  We’re just not going to win defensive slugfests with this team.

• Thank you (+1) 1