People are wrongly disappointed - we just beat a very good football team - one better than their 11 & 5 record

BuffaloBill

That Colts team beat the Packers. And the Bears in Chicago. And the Titans in Tennessee. All but one of their losses came against playoff teams. The one non-playoff-team-loss was a divisional game they later avenged.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

I’m sorry, people are disappointed?

We won our first playoff game in 25 years.

Literally what I was thinking as I was reading his post. Idk if he’s thinking out loud and trying to convince himself of the latter, but what the hell. I don’t care how we win any game in the playoffs, all AFC teams have at least 11 wins. That’s crazy, and idk if that’s ever happened before. Nobody snuck in, and all the teams are good and battle tested. Win the game, learn from the mistakes, and keep stacking.

We beat a very good team that executed their offense and defense game plans quite well, we just did it a little bit better and won. Can we stand to clean up some aspects of our play? Yes, but that’s the same for every game we play, no team is perfect. 

Anyone who is disappointed in how we won is being purposefully obtuse in their outlook at how football games actually play out, these are likely the same folk that were pissed at how we beat teams by double digits earlier this season, it appears that unless we win by thirty points and hold the opponent to under ten points we suck... 

Go Bills!!!

3 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Who is disappointed? This is what happens in the playoffs. You win how you win and you move on. 

You must have missed the game day thread... 😂

24 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t think anyone is disappointed. But I think there is some concern that what the colts did can be replicated, and we want to know how the Bills will respond to a similar game plan. 

That’s where I’m not concerned.  No one else has their quality level of offensive line and few have their defensive line. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Team offense: Bills #2 the Colts #9 (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/)

Team Defense Colts #10 the Bills #16 (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/opp.htm#)

Special Teams: Colts #2 the Bills # 11 (https://www.lineups.com/nfl-team-rankings/special-teams)

The Colts were a very difficult match up for the Bills. Buffalo’s success has ridden on Josh Allen’s arm this season and the Colts had a perfect game plan to overcome that. They nearly pulled it off. However, be happy with the W because the Bills just beat a very good team.

The Colts have a very good, physical defense and they played, arguably, their best defensive game (and overall game) of the season. They had consistent QB pressured the entire game and Allen rarely threw from a clean pocket. He was evading a rush and extending plays almost every time he dropped back. IMO, the Bills do not win that game without Allen playing at an elite level. Outside of Rogers and Mahomes, I don't think any other QB could have done what Allen did in that game. Again, IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, nucci said:

who is disappointed? We won!

you must be skimming the threads bud.  
There is a plethora of complaints 

I’m very happy 😃 

TBH

I was concerned all morning yesterday 

I was worried before the last drive of  the half.  
slightly happy with 3 points on the 1st drive of the second half RELIEVED with the JA to SD touchdown in the 4th to build the lead 

and NERVOUS as hell when the Refs kept trying to take play’s away from the Bills

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Team offense: Bills #2 the Colts #9 (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/)

Team Defense Colts #10 the Bills #16 (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/opp.htm#)

Special Teams: Colts #2 the Bills # 11 (https://www.lineups.com/nfl-team-rankings/special-teams)

The Colts were a very difficult match up for the Bills. Buffalo’s success has ridden on Josh Allen’s arm this season and the Colts had a perfect game plan to overcome that. They nearly pulled it off. However, be happy with the W because the Bills just beat a very good team.

Looked up at the similar comparison for our next possible opponents...

Steelers:  12th in Team Offense,   3rd in Team Defense, 17th in Special Teams

Titans:       4th in Team Offense, 24th in Team Defense, 31st in Special Teams

Ravens:      7th in Team Offense,  2nd in Team Defense,   6th in Special teams

Bills:           2nd in Team Offense,  16th in Team Defense,  11th in Special Teams

And the 

Chiefs:      6th in Team Offense,   11th in Team Defense,  1st in Special Teams

As per these rankings,  Ravens would be the toughest opponents. 

Edited by ganesh

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

you must be skimming the threads bud.  
There is a plethora of complaints 

I’m very happy 😃 

TBH

I was concerned all morning yesterday 

I was worried before the last drive of  the half.  
slightly happy with 3 points on the 1st drive of the second half RELIEVED with the JA to SD touchdown in the 4th to build the lead 

and NERVOUS as hell when the Refs kept trying to take play’s away from the Bills

Yeah, I didn't look. It was a very stressful game to watch

• Like (+1) 1

The biggest question mark was how Josh Allen was going to play in the playoffs. He was great, I can only recall one bad throw, the flat pass to Knox that sailed.  We have a chance, a good chance, in every game going forward. LGB.

The Colts are Probably the strongest team up the middle we could face. All Pro Guard Nelson was combo blocking with 2nd team all pro Center Kelly all game and they are very, very good at it. Then on Defense, you have All Pro DT Buckner playing front of All Pro LB Leonard.

It's like playing against our WR core with Diggs and Beasley, except the talent is in the middle in the trenches.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

The biggest question mark was how Josh Allen was going to play in the playoffs. He was great, I can only recall one bad throw, the flat pass to Knox that sailed.  We have a chance, a good chance, in every game going forward. LGB.

the only complaint I have was the huge sack.  Was it because he was “Sugar High” Josh and should have just given himself up.