Milano should have been benched

Back2Buff

11 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The Colts O-Line absolutely destroyed our D-Line and I think that spilled into our LB’s making poor decisions. The Colts O-Line was just pushing us off the LOS like it was child’s play, Im surprised they didn’t run the football a lot more then they already did. 

The Good news is we will not see a O-Line of that caliber the rest of the way. The Colts are a very good team capable of beating any team in the playoffs. 

100% spot on.  DLine was completely nullified which puts an incredible amount of pressure on the LBs.  Add in some extremely accurate throws and a strong RB, and its gonna make almost any linebacker look bad.

• Like (+1) 1

Ha ha this thread. Milano made very good plays, and yes, many mistakes, and was a split second late many times. But to bench him? Wow

Too bad though with the way Klein suddenly "woke up" mid-season that there isn't a way to keep these 3 LBs on the field more. Edmunds had one of his best games.

But nope, Milano stays :)

Edit: that loss must sting for Rivers, but he won't be physically hurting today! He had very little pressure. Makes it hard for the LB and secondary to cover guys. As mentioned a lot already, that Colts O-Line deserve the credit more than the Bills players the blame! It was a playoff 11-5 team. Not the NY Jets!

Edited by Jerome007

I am so happy that fans don’t make in game or personnel decisions, the team wouldn’t have made it thru the first half of the season if they did...

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I guess I'm going to put in my two cents.   The Colts were using a mixture of a ding-and-dunk passing game AND big good offensive linemen . ( https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colts-2020-position-by-position-running-backs/ar-BB170uKu )  to create holes for two good running backs. J.Taylor was a round 2 pick, the 41st pick.  We may also see Akers (rams #52),  Dobbins (Ravens #55), Gibson (Wash #66, ) ,  or Vaugh (TB #76) in future games this year.     These were all drafted before Moss (#86 buffalo).  .... .... Offensives sometimes concentrate their game plan on a specific part of the opponent's defence.   The Colts concentrated on the linebackers.  Short passes AND short running plays put the stress on the linebackers- and they had a lot of blockers and planned deceptions directed primarily on them.  It game the defensive backs an easier game, but the success and yardage gains of the Colts depended upon making the LB lives miserable.

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I'm not sure I have ever seen a worse performance from a LB.  Every single play the Bills were beat on was because of him.

The guy was blitzing the wrong lane, missing tackles, not staying with his man in coverage, and consistently out of position.

They needed to make the switch early to go to Klein and Milano should have been glued to bench.

Just Stop.

4 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

Is this the line for hot takes?  I would like an order of hot takes, please.  

They tend to be steaming and smell awful, you sure about that?  I recommend the poutine.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I'm not sure I have ever seen a worse performance from a LB.  Every single play the Bills were beat on was because of him.

The guy was blitzing the wrong lane, missing tackles, not staying with his man in coverage, and consistently out of position.

They needed to make the switch early to go to Klein and Milano should have been glued to bench.

Great example of a fickle fan that is lacking insight. I can’t believe anyone would want Milano on the bench if he is healthy enough to play.  

He blitzed in the lane that the defense calls for and if the DL is getting handled and blown out - which they were, he cannot fix that.  

Klein was some strengths but coverage is not one of them.  The blown coverage on the TD was clearly a hand off to White who had responsibility for that player deep.  It’s called a “zone defense”.  

The defense as a unit had a rough game, especially the front 4.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

This is an incredibly dumb thread.  Milano had a bad game by his standards but he's a top-3 asset for our defense after Tre and Poyer.

If you watched the Colts destroy our D in the 4th with two consecutive TD drives (one under 3 mins and one under 2 mins) then this is not a dumb thread. Consistently giving up 3rd and longs and 4th and longs was brutal to watch. I know this board loves Tremaine as the "modern coverage MLB" but his has been, and still is, a major liability stopping the run. On screens and dump offs he is regularly owned by the OL and cannot shed a block. Milano is active but small. He got pushed around engaged.  I think more of Klein yesterday would have helped on run stuff and blitzes. 

2 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Regarding Milano not staying with his man in coverage, are you referring to the play where Milano passed off his guy to the Tre as per the design of the defense, but Tre mistakenly went in the wrong direction?

Is that what happened?   It looked that way to me, too.  Someone didn't know what was supposed to happen.  

Just now, Shaw66 said:

Is that what happened?   It looked that way to me, too.  Someone didn't know what was supposed to happen.  

I think he expected safety help, but the safety gave help to Tre.

That play had way too long to develop because of our inadequate defensive line.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s a football chat room. Relax. I’m pretty sure Milano isn’t on here. It’s OK to ‘chat’ about the game. That’s the definition of a CHAT ROOM . 😉

Tell that to the English professors here 😜 I don't think they got the memo 😆 ...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Milano was also the one that got the stop on Indy's first 2 pt conversion attempt. Yes he had a bad game, it doesn't erase all the good he has done this year

Yes not his best game. Agree seems like TW blew the coverage on wide open TE TD. A couple plays he was certainly beat on but he also made some plays and  along w Poyer saved the day ( oops not so much). Who exactly should have come in for him? Does the fact they may have out schemed us factor in ? 

Edited by QLBillsFan