Milano should have been benched

Back2Buff

5 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The Colts O-Line absolutely destroyed our D-Line and I think that spilled into our LB’s making poor decisions. The Colts O-Line was just pushing us off the LOS like it was child’s play, Im surprised they didn’t run the football a lot more then they already did. 

The Good news is we will not see a O-Line of that caliber the rest of the way. The Colts are a very good team capable of beating any team in the playoffs. 

Not big enough on the DL

3 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Milano really did have an oddly poor game. Certainly not typical for him so I am not too worried.

Edmunds on the other hand,,,,IF YOU ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND HIS ROLE IN SEAN'S DEFENSE , played one of his best games if not his best game of the season! This is 2 playoff games in a row where Edmunds was the best player out there on D for us. Lots of breakups and helped immensely in keeping Taylor under 4 ypc.

Thomas-Smith- Reed...Edmunds had a good game, I just wish he would get the pads lower when needed. Milano was not at his best but his s entire body of work, when healthy, is really good- he gets a pass.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I'm not sure I have ever seen a worse performance from a LB.  Every single play the Bills were beat on was because of him.

The guy was blitzing the wrong lane, missing tackles, not staying with his man in coverage, and consistently out of position.

They needed to make the switch early to go to Klein and Milano should have been glued to bench.

So..........is it safe to say that you are on the fence regarding the mega contract extension???    🤷‍♂️

EDIT: On a positive note, thank you for not saying Milano should OF been benched. I’ll take that as one little victory!   :)

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Milano had an odd game. He was either terrible or great. I’ll assume he was over hyped for the playoffs. But yes, in general he was a total mess.

case of the yips , it appeared.

13 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Milano really did have an oddly poor game. Certainly not typical for him so I am not too worried.

Edmunds on the other hand,,,,IF YOU ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND HIS ROLE IN SEAN'S DEFENSE , played one of his best games if not his best game of the season! This is 2 playoff games in a row where Edmunds was the best player out there on D for us. Lots of breakups and helped immensely in keeping Taylor under 4 ypc.

I did notice.

very play aware and quick to the ball. With very good execution Sat.

yes i just wrote that :)

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Someone tell me a player who had a PERFECT game.  

l’ll wait for the answer.  

complain complain complain 

if Milano is soooooo bad the coaches would bench him. 

None of them.  That said, Milano didn’t have his best game yesterday.  No excuses need to be made for him.  He is a good player and, hopefully, he can be re-signed.  But he is not beyond criticism.  The same as anyone else on the team.   

3 hours ago, purple haze said:

None of them.  That said, Milano didn’t have his best game yesterday.  No excuses need to be made for him.  He is a good player and, hopefully, he can be re-signed.  But he is not beyond criticism.  The same as anyone else on the team.   

I never said a player is beyond criticism. 

but this obsession by some to say he should be cut is ridiculous IMO. 

6 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Matt Milano was at his versatile best in Saturday’s win over the Indianapolis Colts.

Milano led the Bills with 11 tackles. He used his range to make three tackles for 1 yard less in pass coverage. He had four run stuffs for limited yards. He added one pass breakup and one hurry on a blitz against Colts quarterback Philip Rivers.

LIES ALL LIES!!!

How dare you give us a professionals opinion on a fan board! 

off with you I say!!!

[end sarcasm]

• Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

Saw that too. It was on White for that play from what I saw. 

This. I think it is something Indy saw on film on how to confuse our zone - they ran a guy just to the middle of that corner zone to clear out the DB responsible for that zone, then ran another receiver into the vacated zone. That was not on Milano, just a well-designed play reminiscent of many that Daboll draws up for our receivers vs zone.

Personally thought we needed to shift into more cover-0 with maybe just one safety over top and bring more heat on Rivers. He beat our blitzes a few times, but scuttling back into the zone defense they were eating up did not feel like the right answer.

It is interesting in regards to our two primary starting LB's. PFF (I know, but hard to think there is a lot of bias here) has Tremaine as 52nd best LB in the league and Milano as 59th. I have heard the age discussion for Edmunds but honestly there are plenty of LBs ranked before him that are 22 years old like he is. Dodson is actually ranked higher than both... so interesting.

It also should give Beane an idea of where they fit on the contract scale.

Edited by WideNine

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I never said a player is beyond criticism. 

but this obsession by some to say he should be cut is ridiculous IMO. 

Matt Milano was at his versatile best in Saturday’s win over the Indianapolis Colts.

Milano led the Bills with 11 tackles. He used his range to make three tackles for 1 yard less in pass coverage. He had four run stuffs for limited yards. He added one pass breakup and one hurry on a blitz against Colts quarterback Philip Rivers.

LIES ALL LIES!!!

How dare you give us a professionals opinion on a fan board! 

off with you I say!!!

[end sarcasm]

I don’t know if most are saying that, but I disagree that the Bills should be in a hurry to let Milano go.  I disagree with that sentiment on Edmunds as well.  He takes much more heat on the board than Milano .  There seems to be a thing on this board that one or two players have to be found and made a whipping boy even when the team is doing well.  It’s strange to say the least.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, WideNine said:

This. I think it is something Indy saw on film on how to confuse our zone - they ran a guy just to the middle of that corner zone to clear out the DB responsible for that zone, then ran another receiver into the vacated zone. That was not on Milano, just a well-designed play reminiscent of many that Daboll draws up for our receivers vs zone.

This rings true.  Hopefully they will make adjustments

Personally thought we needed to shift into more cover-0 with maybe just one safety over top and bring more heat on Rivers. He beat our blitzes a few times, but scuttling back into the zone defense they were eating up did not feel like the right answer.

um-do you actually understand how  cover-0 gets beaten?  Rivers would have killed us, which is why we didnt

It is interesting in regards to our two primary starting LB's. PFF (I know, but hard to think there is a lot of bias here) has Tremaine as 52nd best LB in the league and Milano as 59th. I have heard the age discussion for Edmunds but honestly there are plenty of LBs ranked before him that are 22 years old like he is. Dodson is actually ranked higher than both... so interesting.

Sorry, but any ranking where Dodson is ranked ahead of Milano and Edmunds is a bad ranking.  It does not pass the eyeball test.

45 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

This... you guys don't think our Dline had a crap game?

They were absolutely horrible and will be the reason the Bills season ends at some point

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Simon said:

i They were absolutely horrible and will be the reason the Bills season ends at some point

In a video they were showing some comparisons to the early 90's team. We need a stud Dline man. if you agree, does this happen through draft or  FA Ngakou?

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This rings true.  Hopefully they will make adjustments

I think this only works if the QB has all day to let that late arriving receiver come across the field and into that vacated zone sans coverage hand-off. Rivers had all day, so probably the best adjustment we could make is to do a better job pressuring the next QB and forcing him to get rid of it earlier.

We have done similar plays ourselves when Allen has had (or bought more) time; bringing receivers out of the slot or bunch on the right all the way across to the deep left after clearing out that zone and taking advantage of a miscommunication on the coverage hand-off.

Also, you are right. If we can't get to the opposing QB we have to be a lot tighter and more disciplined in zone, but hard to expect db's, linebackers, and safeties to hold coverage that long.

Here's hoping we have a better defensive plan against the Ravens that does not rely on the Ravens imploding on our doorstep over and over after marching down the field virtually unimpeded :)

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

In a video they were showing some comparisons to the early 90's team. We need a stud Dline man. if you agree, does this happen through draft or  FA Ngakou?

We already have one in Oliver; unfortunately he's being supported by four guys who are fringe NFL players at what is arguably the most important position on the defense. I had some hope for Butler but he's maddeningly inconsistent; Jefferson, Phillips and Zimmer are just getting buried out there.

I think rebuilding the DT rotation should be the Bills #1 priority this offseason and I would prefer they do it with veterans because NFL windows can be very limited and I want to see them take a run at a championship next year.