Milano should have been benched

Back2Buff

6 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I'm not sure I have ever seen a worse performance from a LB.  Every single play the Bills were beat on was because of him.

The guy was blitzing the wrong lane, missing tackles, not staying with his man in coverage, and consistently out of position.

They needed to make the switch early to go to Klein and Milano should have been glued to bench.

Hmmmmm...

Defense this year without Milano:  Hot Garbage.

Defense this year with Milano:  Much improved.

Seems like another classic TSW really bad hot take.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

Even if we cant keep Milano (which id like to) there may be a couple of solid LB’s available towards the bottom half of the draft

Bobo, if the Bills can get Zaven Collins to pair with Edmunds I’d be elated to the high Heavens. Just think of Earl Holmes and Levon Kirkland in Pittsburgh. Although they played a 3-4 defense.

2 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

I love how people say he blitzed in the wrong lane.  Not a single person on here knows the call that he was executing.

I have no idea if he was in the right lane or not, all I know is that Phillip Rivers is a damn good veteran QB and he exploited the blitz as well as I have seen all year. Just a tough matchup that we thankfully survived. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

I have no idea if he was in the right lane or not, all I know is that Phillip Rivers is a damn good veteran QB and he exploited the blitz as well as I have seen all year. Just a tough matchup that we thankfully survived. 

Exactly.  Colts played a hell of a game on O and D.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I'm not sure I have ever seen a worse performance from a LB.  Every single play the Bills were beat on was because of him.

The guy was blitzing the wrong lane, missing tackles, not staying with his man in coverage, and consistently out of position.

They needed to make the switch early to go to Klein and Milano should have been glued to bench.

LOL

Hey guys, let's just hope this defense gets it together after this slightly bad performance. Really strange game they came up big in some moments and blundered on others and Indianapolis dropped a lot of passes. We got this game behind us and hopefully they will get it together next week. We won. Go Bills!!!

14 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

Ha. I almost typed the same thing but then I back tracked remembering that the kid missed the field goal.  But I really agree man.

We spent the entire first half on offense living deep in the opponents red zone eg within spitting distance of our own goal line.  Meanwhile we allowed them two drive starts within 9 yds of our territory.  If we’re looking for things to fix, Special teams is near the top of my list.  Kudos to Bass for the FG and XP game though

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I thought Milano played great.  He is a beast out there and made so many good plays.

Tre White had a roughy first half.  He missed a particularly easy tackles on a screen play that was a big gain for them, and blew the coverage on their one TD pass. Edmonds had his usual day of missing easy tackles, not getting off blocks, and being a step behind.  

Milano blitzed well, covered pretty well, had a tipped pass, he is all over the field all dang day. 

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsMagic1 said:

I feel we needed three LBs on the field against the Colts and also going forward as we have issues stopping rbs 

Agreed. Sit Taron Johnson against running teams, and go Klein/Milano/Edmunds.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't think Linebackers played a good game but I think they were not in the best positions to make plays

I didn't like the defensive scheme this game. We played small all game. 

Not to mention the entire Colts offensive scheme was attacking the LB level in passing and the bills run D is based on LBs being free to come up fill gaps and make the tackle. So really the Colts attacked our LBs every type of way and they did it well so its no surprise it made Milano look real bad.

• Like (+1) 1

Milano really did have an oddly poor game. Certainly not typical for him so I am not too worried.

Edmunds on the other hand,,,,IF YOU ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND HIS ROLE IN SEAN'S DEFENSE , played one of his best games if not his best game of the season! This is 2 playoff games in a row where Edmunds was the best player out there on D for us. Lots of breakups and helped immensely in keeping Taylor under 4 ypc.

• Like (+1) 3