Milano should have been benched

Back2Buff

I'm not sure I have ever seen a worse performance from a LB.  Every single play the Bills were beat on was because of him.

The guy was blitzing the wrong lane, missing tackles, not staying with his man in coverage, and consistently out of position.

They needed to make the switch early to go to Klein and Milano should have been glued to bench.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Regarding Milano not staying with his man in coverage, are you referring to the play where Milano passed off his guy to the Tre as per the design of the defense, but Tre mistakenly went in the wrong direction?

Saw that too. It was on White for that play from what I saw. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

Just now, BillnutinHouston said:

Regarding Milano not staying with his man in coverage, are you referring to the play where Milano passed off his guy to the Tre as per the design of the defense, but Tre mistakenly went in the wrong direction?

There was way more than 1 play.

He jumped Offside in first half which resulted in a huge free play to Indy.

Got beat by Hines and 2 and 8 in redzone.

3 and 7 first drive for Indy in 2nd half, blitz in wrong lane

3 and 6 same drive, easily handled by RB on blitz

Pasquel TD he is clueless. What the heck was he doing?

3rd and 7 next possession, get burned by TE bad

Doyle TD, again what is Milano doing??  Guarding no one on sideline while Doyle goes upfield.  There wasn't a Indy player within 10 yards on Milano, and the closet one was Doyle.

3rd and 5 on last drive, beat again which allows a 4th and 1

• Like (+1) 7

33 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I'm not sure I have ever seen a worse performance from a LB.  Every single play the Bills were beat on was because of him.

The guy was blitzing the wrong lane, missing tackles, not staying with his man in coverage, and consistently out of position.

They needed to make the switch early to go to Klein and Milano should have been glued to bench.

I was thinking of posting something similar yesterday. He had an absolutely dreadful game. Especially,

in coverage— he was getting schooled by the TE’s on very basic routes.

• Like (+1) 1

Why do some people think players are robots and always perform at peak performance??

All players have bad games at times and when you play against good teams/coaches that’s going to happen more than when you dominate the competition.

That doesn’t mean you bench a guy as soon as he makes a couple mistakes. We’d have no one at any position on the field if that were the case.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Activate Dodson to give us options here at LB. I love Milano but he absolutely struggled yesterday.

Go back and focus on edmunds. He was terrible. Arm tackles which backs and other break , gets stoned at the line , was driven yards backwards by the opponent’s tight ends , drops back all the time behind the sticks or yardage need for a first down and waits for the ball carrier to come towards him as he never drives thru a tackle or hit.  If this is a pro bowl lb , guys like Conan , bennnet, spikes, etc should be HOF by now. Milano does cover well , does make tackles for loss , deflected passes today , and does cause fumbles ( was in on the stop that should have been ruled a fumble today).  Both LBS today were hampered by Frazier’s crazy’s drop back schemes today. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Go back and focus on edmunds. He was terrible. Arm tackles which backs and other break , gets stoned at the line , was driven yards backwards by the opponent’s tight ends , drops back all the time behind the sticks or yardage need for a first down and waits for the ball carrier to come towards him as he never drives thru a tackle or hit.  If this is a pro bowl lb , guys like Conan , bennnet, spikes, etc should be HOF by now. Milano does cover well , does make tackles for loss , deflected passes today , and does cause fumbles ( was in on the stop that should have been ruled a fumble today).  Both LBS today were hampered by Frazier’s crazy’s drop back schemes today. 

Edmunds had something like 3 big pass breakups.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Let's also be honest with ourselves and notice that this D was best when Milano was a rotational player.  When Milano was playing just 3rd downs, and Klein was playing the majority, this D was rocking.

The  D stunk early on when Milano was healthy, he got injuried, AJ was used wrong, and it struggled.  Klein used as a north-south LB and Milano plays on 3rd down, this D was great.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

So parts of the fan base have gone from half full to 1/32 empty.

Good grief ...get a grip

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Edmunds is an anomaly for sure. I’m not a big fan. He’s around the ball a lot as you’d expect from a MLB, but he’s a head scratcher for me on many plays.

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

So parts of the fan base have gone from half full to 1/32 empty.

Good grief ...get a grip

It’s a football chat room. Relax. I’m pretty sure Milano isn’t on here. It’s OK to ‘chat’ about the game. That’s the definition of a CHAT ROOM . 😉

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Edmunds is an anomaly for sure. I’m not a big fan. He’s around the ball a lot as you’d expect from a MLB, but he’s a head scratcher for me on many plays.

It’s a football chat room. Relax. I’m pretty sure Milano isn’t on here. It’s OK to ‘chat’ about the game. That’s the definition of a CHAT ROOM . 😉

Nah...wake up this morning after a playoff W over a very good team and every thread is post by some amateur who has no access to A22...no idea what the responsibilities are for that play, no concept that the other team went 11-5 and has good players and coaches too......The people who need to RELAX are the freaking Sunday morning coaches.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Yep. That was about his best work. I think I saw two. They were good plays. He got owned the rest of the time. Watch him getting owned by a tight end driving him ten yards downfield on a run to the left sidelines by their second back in. 27 yard scamper. Or watch him dive at the back on fourth down , wide open shot and he arm tackles the guys ankles who then proceeds to easily break the tackle and go for a first down. It’s pretty depressing stuff from a “ pro bowl” mlb.  He is good at pass defense but he just doesn’t make interceptions or cause fumbles or often make tackles for loss. Not saying he is not a good guy or leader. Just not what I expect from a guy with his size whose job is anchoring our d.  You have to admit when we get beat in TOP , and give up almost 500 yards that something was not great about our d and much is scheme related. I don’t blame edmunds completely as I think he is being misused.   I think if we look at PBUs as a maker of what we want from our leading LB, we are setting a low bar.  🤨🧐😀

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TH3 said:

Nah...wake up this morning after a playoff W over a very good team and every thread is post by some amateur who has no access to A22...no idea what the responsibilities are for that play, no concept that the other team went 11-5 and has good players and coaches too......The people who need to RELAX are the freaking Sunday morning coaches.

You do realize you’re not actually coaching, right? This a chat room for Bills fans. All you’re reading is pent up nervousness from a fan base that’s waited 25 years for a win and don’t know what to do about that nervous energy. It’s OK....
Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3