Beasley gutsy performance clearly not 100%

jwhit34

I was at the game and it was pretty clear watching him walk on and off the field that the injury still bothered him. He wasn't limping but he definitely wasn't close to 100%. I don't know how many snaps he played but he made the most of them - 7 targets, 7 receptions says it all.

I thought it was a very gutsy performance that has flown a little under the radar.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

I was at the game and it was pretty clear watching him walk on and off the field that the injury still bothered him. He wasn't limping but he definitely wasn't close to 100%. I don't know how many snaps he played but he made the most of them - 7 targets, 7 receptions says it all.

I thought it was a very gutsy performance that has flown a little under the radar.

This right here ^^^ 

Having talent like Beasley on this team is a credit to Beane and Co, Beas is small but he is mighty! 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

This is a great point.   You could see it on TV, too.  He was hurting, but there was no way he wasn't going to play.  In fact, Diggs is dinged too, although to a lesser extent.   

The fact is that a lot of pro football players are like that this time of season.  It takes guts to play this game.

Thanks for pointing this out.  

• Like (+1) 3

Beasley is the man and came up big.  During the season 101 targets only one drop and he had a beautiful snag yesterday.  Hopefully he didnt do any more damage yesterday and is ready to rip next week.  Im assuming well get the sunday game bc whomever our opponent is their playing today and id imaging theyd want to give them a week in between games and that would give us 8.  Hopefully Beasley is closer to 100% next week as well as other players who are banged up.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

This guy is a warrior.

I hate/hate "football as war" analogies (latter is just a wee bit different), but kinda applicable here.

Also, and this is open question: cortisone, Toradal, ketamine lollipop(!), other as mother's helper?

@balln, @oldmanfan, other docs?

I ask b/c the trade-off issues are so interesting.

I’m not a pharmacologist but I assume anti-inflammatories are in the mix

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

Josh specifically gave him a Shout-out in his post-game presser.    Beas played 41 snaps, 69% of them.  7 receptions on 7 targets for 57 yards, and they were tough, gritty catches most of them.  3 for first downs, several to set up short 2nd downs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1