Exactly what I was worried about happened yesterday, but a win in any case

My man, will walk you through a little history of "that first playoff win to start a playoff run"
'81 49ers vs GMEN - ugly for the Niners and Montana, but they got the W

'88 Bills vs Oilers - Bills were outplayed and game was ugly, but they got the W

'91 Cowboys at Bears - ugly game but Cowboys got the W

'01 Patriots vs Raiders - the Tuck Rule Game.  Raiders outplayed Patriots, but Patriots got the W

04' Steelers vs NY Jets - NY Jets had this game and totally outplayed the Steelers in Big Ben's first playoff game, yet the Steelers got the W

I am sure there are more that I missing.

The intent here, the Bills got the W.  Enjoy Sunday morning brunch and a great day of football.  On to next week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Said it in another thread and yep this place is my "Therapy Couch", so need to be it's own thread...

Last week I too predicted this to some extent & saw the Bills in some ways like the 2019 Ravens in terms of their performances particularly in terms of how they played down the stretch (not in any way comparing the two teams Offenses & Defenses).

I was so happy they won, but how they won certainly gave me pause.  There were mistakes & the coaching frankly was not great.

However the Bills are Off the Schneid and for once a playoff game went their way.

Just as a reminder.....

1999 Flutie Fumbles at the 3 yard line with :15 seconds left lose 24-17

2000 The Rob Johnson debacle as I call it, while others call it "Music City Miracle" or "Homerun Throwback"

2017 3 friggin points & lose 10-3

2019 Blow 16-0 lead, multiple missed calls and oh Houston converting 3rd & 19 with a 7 yard pass over the middle....

Was not a fun game to watch as the Bills were just a little off and that is what I worried about after 5 dominant performances in a row (SF, Pitt, Den, NE & Mia).

The last "bad" game they played was a tough 27-17 game vs. LAC... 

Probably a good thing now in retrospect that they won.....😜

How was it not a fun game for you to watch? Allen threw for 300+. By your own measure had the Bills lost you still would've been entertained.

I can only speak for myself but that game was fun as hell to watch. Two strong teams going toe-to-toe for 60 minutes with the Bills coming out on top. Doesn't get much better than that for me.  That was the type of game we always lost the past 25 years. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Said it in another thread and yep this place is my "Therapy Couch", so need to be it's own thread...

Last week I too predicted this to some extent & saw the Bills in some ways like the 2019 Ravens in terms of their performances particularly in terms of how they played down the stretch (not in any way comparing the two teams Offenses & Defenses).

I was so happy they won, but how they won certainly gave me pause.  There were mistakes & the coaching frankly was not great.

However the Bills are Off the Schneid and for once a playoff game went their way.

Just as a reminder.....

1999 Flutie Fumbles at the 3 yard line with :15 seconds left lose 24-17

2000 The Rob Johnson debacle as I call it, while others call it "Music City Miracle" or "Homerun Throwback"

2017 3 friggin points & lose 10-3

2019 Blow 16-0 lead, multiple missed calls and oh Houston converting 3rd & 19 with a 7 yard pass over the middle....

Was not a fun game to watch as the Bills were just a little off and that is what I worried about after 5 dominant performances in a row (SF, Pitt, Den, NE & Mia).

The last "bad" game they played was a tough 27-17 game vs. LAC... 

Probably a good thing now in retrospect that they won.....😜

Did your parents not hug you enough?

• Haha (+1) 1

There were two things that bothered me in yesterday‘s game the bills over come to all of them first we couldn’t run the ball for ***** we ended up losing Maas in a running game consisted of Josh showing runs which we did way too much of second we gave up a ton of third downs in our defense couldn’t get off the field but in the end they made the place that mattered and they won the game against a very underrated Colts team I’ll take it

Edited by John from Riverside

20 minutes ago, teef said:

Did your parents not hug you enough?

Was waiting for you...  Took you a while....  Sleep in Sunday morning?

23 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

How was it not a fun game for you to watch? Allen threw for 300+. By your own measure had the Bills lost you still would've been entertained.

I can only speak for myself but that game was fun as hell to watch. Two strong teams going toe-to-toe for 60 minutes with the Bills coming out on top. Doesn't get much better than that for me.  That was the type of game we always lost the past 25 years. 

As said for me it was the fear of not winning a playoff game in 25 years and each playoff game being a gut punch? 

The fact we were running on and getting stuffed (twice we had 2nd & 2's and couldn't run for two yards) and starting every drive inside the 15 yard line?

Indy seemingly converting 3rd down after 3rd down and 3 Delay of games missed?

2 TD's in the 4th each in about 2:00 minutes and a swiss cheese defense?

A fumble on the last drive not called and adding another excruciating 5 minutes to the game?

Yes nerve wracking....

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Was waiting for you...  Took you a while....  Sleep in Sunday morning?

I’ve actually been up for a while because of one of the kids.  I didn’t check the board because I thought there was no way you’d bent out shape this quickly after a playoff win.

i’ll patiently be waiting this week for your thread on the next thing that upsets you. 

6 minutes ago, teef said:

I’ve actually been up for a while because of one of the kids.  I didn’t check the board because I thought there was no way you’d bent out shape this quickly after a playoff win.

i’ll patiently be waiting this week for your thread on the next thing that upsets you. 

Hope all is well...... 

They won I'm not upset.  It was however a stressful 60 minutes.  

I did say I thought the defense was not good and coaching not great yesterday, but that was what I said I was worried about earlier in the week.

And probably just what the Bills needed....😉

Edited by Billsfan1972

The video of them dancing earlier in the week left me with the impression that they were taking the game too light.  But when the game happened, they seemed tense.  That's just how I interpreted it.

Hopefully the near miss will make them focus, and getting off the schneid will give them their confidence to dominate from start to finish.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Hope all is well...... 

They won I'm not upset.  It was however a stressful 60 minutes.  

And probably just what the Bills needed....😉

I haven’t hated watching 60 minutes of football this much ever in my life.  

It was a long game and every fan wanted that monkey off this team’s back.  The bills one.  It’s over.  Just enjoy the ride from here on out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

I haven’t hated watching 60 minutes of football this much ever in my life.  

It was a long game and every fan wanted that monkey off this team’s back.  The bills one.  It’s over.  Just enjoy the ride from here on out. 

I wanted the game over with and a win......  Got both.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

The video of them dancing earlier in the week left me with the impression that they were taking the game too light.  But when the game happened, they seemed tense.  That's just how I interpreted it.

Hopefully the near miss will make them focus, and getting off the schneid will give them their confidence to dominate from start to finish.

And that is what happens when you're rolling like the Bills were the past 5 weeks (only one playoff team) & 11-30+ point wins....  

And yes that was my worry.....

I’ll admit, I didn’t think it would be close.  

I also thought we’d pull away after 24-10. 

That Colts team is GOOD. 

They have the recipe to beat us, but we out-executed them in the red zone:

-Elite OL and an accurate, quick release QB.

-Strong 4 man pass rush with disciplined zone coverage behind them.