Shout is still it, sorry Benny

Teddy KGB

4 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I do but I'm just some fan on the Internet. What do you want me to do, sell my firstborn if I'm wrong? 

The Shout song is an old remake of an older song. The time has come to change it. They changed the uniforms twice, they can certainly change the TD song. 

We all know what the shout song is.

You're just coming off as immature and defensive about this. It's not that big of a deal.

You also pointed out the roadblock this song will face if it wants to replace the shout song. Benny's song represents more of a niche genre of music. It's obviously not going to be embraced by all, whereas the shout song has been.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Yep.  I watched the podcast with a Maddie and Mrs Pegula that had Benny on. Then I checked out his latest cd. Wow, gangster thug rap at it’s best. It was so filled with f bombs and things that I could never see the Pegulas using his stuff. They like him as a huge Bills fan and supporter but I can’t see his “ music” every replacing a classic like shout !  😀😂

The songs on his CD is not the song he made for the team.  Did you hear any cursing or anything in the Bills song?  And when did the team announce the Shout song was going away?  Calm down.  Lord have mercy. 🙃

18 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

We all know what the shout song is.

You're just coming off as immature and defensive about this. It's not that big of a deal.

You also pointed out the roadblock this song will face if it wants to replace the shout song. Benny's song represents more of a niche genre of music. It's obviously not going to be embraced by all, whereas the shout song has been.

A billion dollar “niche” worldwide.   It’s good for the organization to embrace Benny.  He’s a prominent fan of the team, from town, and musical artists can drive cultural capital in ways other prominent fans (actors and journalists and politicians) cannot; which can lead to more merchandising sales in the future.   It also connects the team with their younger and diverse fans who are the customers of the future.  

it’s a great move now particularly because the Bills are winning and have stars in Allen and Diggs, with outgoing personalities, who are also exciting to watch.   Bills could get popular outside of sports circles.  Benny is a potential help with that.  Shout song won’t go away.   It’s a tradition.  Benny is business.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, purple haze said:

A billion dollar “niche” worldwide.   It’s good for the organization to embrace Benny.  He’s a prominent fan of the team, from town, and musical artists can drive cultural capital in ways other prominent fans (actors and journalists and politicians) cannot; which can lead to more merchandising sales in the future.   It also connects the team with their younger and diverse fans who are the customers of the future.  

it’s a great move now particularly because the Bills are winning and have stars in Allen and Diggs, with outgoing personalities, who are also exciting to watch.   Bills could get popular outside of sports circles.  Benny is a potential help with that.  Shout song won’t go away.   It’s a tradition.  Benny is business.

Yes, definitely a niche. It's not a general jingle that will catch on with everyone regardless of music taste. The shout song is akin to those songs everyone dances to at weddings, like it or not...and I agree with all of this. The potential is there.

Benny "never had a bad verse". Guy is so good, but yeah I think that other poster fully drove the narrative about it being a Shout song replacement. The video was intended to promote his new Buffalo Bills themed t shirt.

Cannibal Corpse

Griselda

Goo Goo Dolls

Rick James

Quite the interesting mix of nationally known acts, Buffalo, well done.

6 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Yes, definitely a niche. It's not a general jingle that will catch on with everyone regardless of music taste. The shout song is akin to those songs everyone dances to at weddings, like it or not...and I agree with all of this. The potential is there.

Shout is the Chicken Dance. 

I don't hate it. It's just old. Keep it around but make a new era.