Fans that were at todays game...how was the experience?

Beast

14 hours ago, RiotAct said:

yeah you would think they’d want to open that up too... get more fans in and space people out a little more.  Maybe the cost of opening the concession stands and hiring security guards and ushers for up there?

I hope not! If it helps us get an advantage what happened too, 'if I wanted to make more money I'd dig another well'.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I highly doubt team costs of opening up the upper decks exceeds ticket revenue for opening those areas.

Those big slabs up there hold a ton of people.

I was surprised they didn't allow fans there as well.  I think they just didn't want to get crowd size that big, using bathrooms, going through entrances and exits, milling around waiting to get in with their tickets, etc.

They structured the whole idea on 10% of capacity and stuck to that...then figured out how much spacing that would require, and realized they could just shut down the upper decks...

That is my theory at least.

Hiring extra concession staff and security is easy.  Building extra exits to keep up to standards on crowding for the exodus after the game?  Not so much.

12 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

IMO that would be fair.  

there has to be more than 7k season tix holders

by doing so it lets more people attend and not just a lucky few

I thought I read somewhere that people who got tickets this round were ineligible to get tickets next round.

Everything was done very well by the team. Why everyone chose to stand the whole game is beyond me... 

one drunk guy near us kept “dancing” down the open aisle in front to celebrate. Many times with mask down. He was warned but continued to do it. We we’re in top row in end zone so I think he wasn’t seen. 

Only complaint... ***** beverage options. No locals. Only $15 cans of crap. 

1 hour ago, ElMarko said:

Everything was done very well by the team. Why everyone chose to stand the whole game is beyond me... 

one drunk guy near us kept “dancing” down the open aisle in front to celebrate. Many times with mask down. He was warned but continued to do it. We we’re in top row in end zone so I think he wasn’t seen. 

Only complaint... ***** beverage options. No locals. Only $15 cans of crap. 

gotta make up those profit losses somehow!

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

How was it exiting the stadium? Did they stagger people, or was it the usual crowd together to get out? 

It's funny.........those few annoying people who spring to their feet and sprint for the exit when the clock strikes zero hoping to beat traffic?    They still did it even tho it was announced that they were supposed to wait for the usher to let their row leave.  Instinct.:lol:

That was just a few people tho.

The intention was to have people exit like an airplane........highest rows first etcetera.........but people mostly hung around and cheered and just slowly, gradually dispersed so there wasn't any congestion or lines or anything.

The exit was pretty random but there were so few people at the game that there weren't people bumping into each other like a regular game.

No waiting in traffic..........walked out to vehicle.......got in......was on Abbott in 2 minutes.

9 hours ago, Cal said:

I was fortunate to be at the game yesterday. We have had season tickets in our family since the 60s. Let me tell you about the experience...

First off when you arrive in your designated lot there is a police van with tall poles and cameras on top, security driving around in golf carts making sure you have your mask up. I had mask down having a drink by the car, they didn't say anything to me but seen them saying stuff to others that had there mask down outside by their car in a parking lot.

Secondly, entering game was fine. However, when inside during the game was told by the usher to pull my mask up multiple times when having a drink of beer or eating. They charge 15 bucks for a beer and allow you basically to have one sip or bite of food at a time. At least that how it was in my section, maybe we just got a usher on a power kick. I had my mask up all the time, but you obviously can't eat or drink with a mask on. I think at least in my section they went way overboard.

Nevertheless, if we can get tickets to the AFC Championship (if the Chiefs lose and we win to have it at home) I don't know. It might be better to watch at home. It will probably be a better experience. I will be going to the Super Bowl in Florida if we make it though. ..........Go Bills!

Those are some serious 1st World problems right there. 

Edited by CSBill
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I didn't take a defensive down off despite all of the frustrating 3rd down conversions......I'm pretty exhausted but it was great to be there.

I was honestly amazed that the fans didn’t try to crowd the lower bowl in the end zone on the Colts last possession. I thought passion would take over and the fans would break the rules to try and impact the game. 

I didn’t see a single Colts fan on tv. Were there any there? 

45 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I was honestly amazed that the fans didn’t try to crowd the lower bowl in the end zone on the Colts last possession. I thought passion would take over and the fans would break the rules to try and impact the game. 

I didn’t see a single Colts fan on tv. Were there any there? 

No there were no Colts fans there.

We were reminded often by security that violating protocol would lead to no fans for the next game.   Some people around us wandered up and down their row but there wasn't a lot of traffic in the aisles even so people weren't moving sections.    The announcer told us that we were expected to use the bathrooms and concessions in our areas only. 

I do think the bad defense took a toll on the fans by the end of the game.    

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/9/2021 at 9:25 PM, 1ManRaid said:

I thought it looked a bit crowded for proper social distancing.

Sadly I have to agree with that....oh and the coupla fans who were NOT wearing masks were risking it for those who want to attend the future games....why?  Just why?

Go BILLS!

On 1/9/2021 at 9:18 PM, BfloBillsFan said:

A little weird walking in because of no lines. Inside there  was an amazing vibe.  It sounded loud to me from my seats.  Fans were so into the game.   I'm not sure why the 300 level was completely closed.  I'm glad I went, so much fun.

If they let them do the same thing on the upper deck you could easily get another 2000 people in there