Fans that were at todays game...how was the experience?

Beast

10 minutes ago, BfloBillsFan said:

Did it seem like that on TV?  We constantly had reminders to keep masks up...and most people did.

Yeah people were GREAT about keeping their masks on.    Not sure what they showed on TV but nobody around us had their mask off unless they were eating/drinking at that moment.    Definitely wasn't mask optional.   Guy behind me slid his down quickly for a selfie and security told him he was only going to get ONE warning.😮

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Did the team get a big standing ovation from the crowd after the game given what they just accomplished?

Yes they did, but the players were quick to run off the field.  I thought there would be a little more hand waving and pumping up the crowd from the players after the win, but it looked like they were instructed to get their asses to the locker room fast.

• Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It was a lot of fun and exhilarating to be back.........I've been to hundreds of Bills games but it definitely felt special because of the circumstances.

What stood out most was that it was like a sun-drenched October game..........not even a hint of breeze so even though it may have been 40(?) it was MUCH more comfortable than that.

The crowd was so sparse that part felt more like being at an open OTA...........not even like a preseason game.

Maybe it seemed loud but there definitely weren't nearly enough people going McClappy or banging the seats.........30 year season ticket holders aren't exactly the most energetic group but even the 20 somethings left a lot on the table.    

I didn't take a defensive down off despite all of the frustrating 3rd down conversions......I'm pretty exhausted but it was great to be there.

Love it!  Rivers just kept coming up clutch on those 3rd downs, so frustrating.  Then 3 plays later, doing it all over again-  You should sleep well this evening!  Watching the game at home screaming at the Tv, I was paralyzed for hours after the game.  How far is your drive from the stadium?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BfloBillsFan said:

A little weird walking in because of no lines. Inside there  was an amazing vibe.  It sounded loud to me from my seats.  Fans were so into the game.   I'm not sure why the 300 level was completely closed.  I'm glad I went, so much fun.

Yeah seeing the 300 level empty was a shock. May have more to do with security and flow of people than anything else.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

On TV I didn’t notice the sound of live fans being much different from the recorded noise they put into the broadcasts this year. I didn’t notice the fans making noticeable noise on the broadcast. 

especially after the ball hit the goal post and the FG was no good. 

12 hours ago, RiotAct said:

yeah you would think they’d want to open that up too... get more fans in and space people out a little more.  Maybe the cost of opening the concession stands and hiring security guards and ushers for up there?

Keeping the upper decks, where my seats normally are, was about crowd control. They knew security wouldn't be able to monitor things well for up there. The reports of swift entry through security is exactly what was mandated by the state. That's also why they won't increase capacity for the next two games. The state's biggest hangup was how to get everyone in and out without crowds forming.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BfloBillsFan said:

A little weird walking in because of no lines. Inside there  was an amazing vibe.  It sounded loud to me from my seats.  Fans were so into the game.   I'm not sure why the 300 level was completely closed.  I'm glad I went, so much fun.

Does that mean you are unable to get tickets to next week's game?

I was fortunate to be at the game yesterday. We have had season tickets in our family since the 60s. Let me tell you about the experience...

First off when you arrive in your designated lot there is a police van with tall poles and cameras on top, security driving around in golf carts making sure you have your mask up. I had mask down having a drink by the car, they didn't say anything to me but seen them saying stuff to others that had there mask down outside by their car in a parking lot.

Secondly, entering game was fine. However, when inside during the game was told by the usher to pull my mask up multiple times when having a drink of beer or eating. They charge 15 bucks for a beer and allow you basically to have one sip or bite of food at a time. At least that how it was in my section, maybe we just got a usher on a power kick. I had my mask up all the time, but you obviously can't eat or drink with a mask on. I think at least in my section they went way overboard.

Nevertheless, if we can get tickets to the AFC Championship (if the Chiefs lose and we win to have it at home) I don't know. It might be better to watch at home. It will probably be a better experience. I will be going to the Super Bowl in Florida if we make it though. ..........Go Bills!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Cal said:

I was fortunate to be at the game yesterday. We have had season tickets in our family since the 60s. Let me tell you about the experience...

First off when you arrive in your designated lot there is a police van with tall poles and cameras on top, security driving around in golf carts making sure you have your mask up. I had mask down having a drink by the car, they didn't say anything to me but seen them saying stuff to others that had there mask down outside by their car in a parking lot.

Secondly, entering game was fine. However, when inside during the game was told by the usher to pull my mask up multiple times when having a drink of beer or eating. They charge 15 bucks for a beer and allow you basically to have one sip or bite of food at a time. At least that how it was in my section, maybe we just got a usher on a power kick. I had my mask up all the time, but you obviously can't eat or drink with a mask on. I think at least in my section they went way overboard.

Nevertheless, if we can get tickets to the AFC Championship (if the Chiefs lose and we win to have it at home) I don't know. It might be better to watch at home. It will probably be a better experience. I will be going to the Super Bowl in Florida if we make it though. They are not like NY. I may get banned or this post deleted, like our president but when things get back normal (if they ever do). That's when Bills game will be how they should. Go Bills!

Andy Major explained in numerous interviews before the game that you'd have to have your mask on in between bites and sips. Maybe you should have paid attention and passed on your tickets if you didn't like the rules.

Give me a ******* break.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Was at game, Agee with experience of original post.  My thoughts are if Bills were not adhering to State’s rules and expectations we would be shut down with fans until Covid is over.  For the greater good of all fans, you suck it up or as poster stated choose not to go next time.

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon locked and unlocked this topic
14 hours ago, RiotAct said:

yeah you would think they’d want to open that up too... get more fans in and space people out a little more.  Maybe the cost of opening the concession stands and hiring security guards and ushers for up there?

I highly doubt team costs of opening up the upper decks exceeds ticket revenue for opening those areas.

Those big slabs up there hold a ton of people.

I was surprised they didn't allow fans there as well.  I think they just didn't want to get crowd size that big, using bathrooms, going through entrances and exits, milling around waiting to get in with their tickets, etc.

They structured the whole idea on 10% of capacity and stuck to that...then figured out how much spacing that would require, and realized they could just shut down the upper decks...

That is my theory at least.

Were there very  many people cheering for the colts?  On tv I noticed some noise when the bills were on O.  Josh even did the be quieter gesture at one point.  Is he spoiled by a lack of crowd noise in previous games, or are Bills fans just that dumb/drunk, lol?

4 minutes ago, Buffalo ill said:

Were there very  many people cheering for the colts?  On tv I noticed some noise when the bills were on O.  Josh even did the be quieter gesture at one point.  Is he spoiled by a lack of crowd noise in previous games, or are Bills fans just that dumb/drunk, lol?

I didn’t see a single colts jersey.  It was very quite when the colts scored.  It was nice to see 100% bills fans.  I saw josh ask for quiet on the first drive, but I think it was just everyone’s excitement seeing the. On O for the first time.  The rest of the way it seemed quite while the were on offense.

what struck me the most was on the Hail Mary play.  It was very loud leading up to the throw.  And then when the ball was in the air, it got very silent.  Maybe it was all in my head,  but it seemed like a movie sequence.  Slow motion, quite and then An explosion of joy when the ball hit the ground.

if you can go, I recommend going.  It’s not the same as a full stadium, but it’s one of those things you just have to make sure you experience.

• Like (+1) 2