Fans that were at todays game...how was the experience?

Beast

A little weird walking in because of no lines. Inside there  was an amazing vibe.  It sounded loud to me from my seats.  Fans were so into the game.   I'm not sure why the 300 level was completely closed.  I'm glad I went, so much fun.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, BfloBillsFan said:

A little weird walking in because of no lines. Inside there  was an amazing vibe.  It sounded loud to me from my seats.  Fans were so into the game.   I'm not sure why the 300 level was completely closed.  I'm glad I went, so much fun.

Probably because it would have looked much more empty if fans were spread over the entire stadium. I like that decision

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BfloBillsFan said:

yeah you would think they’d want to open that up too... get more fans in and space people out a little more.  Maybe the cost of opening the concession stands and hiring security guards and ushers for up there?

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

yeah you would think they’d want to open that up too... get more fans in and space people out a little more.  Maybe the cost of opening the concession stands and hiring security guards and ushers for up there?

yeah that would be my guess too

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

That's what I figured.

So at the beginning of the game just before the start maybe time for entrance was so fast with no lines but everyone was in there seats and just taking witj all the other fans like we were all long lost friends it did feel that cold at all maybe the sun.

It was an electric feel in the air Dr beginimg to the end lots of confetence for the fans. Two spots for,first,downs for the Colts looked really generous spots. The fumble was a fumble but we still won.

We were on the visitor side normally on the bills side 

My question why is the press box so big i think half the fans could have sat up there

• Thank you (+1) 2

On TV I didn’t notice the sound of live fans being much different from the recorded noise they put into the broadcasts this year. I didn’t notice the fans making noticeable noise on the broadcast. 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

It was a lot of fun and exhilarating to be back.........I've been to hundreds of Bills games but it definitely felt special because of the circumstances.

What stood out most was that it was like a sun-drenched October game..........not even a hint of breeze so even though it may have been 40(?) it was MUCH more comfortable than that.

The crowd was so sparse that part felt more like being at an open OTA...........not even like a preseason game.

Maybe it seemed loud but there definitely weren't nearly enough people going McClappy or banging the seats.........30 year season ticket holders aren't exactly the most energetic group but even the 20 somethings left a lot on the table.    

I didn't take a defensive down off despite all of the frustrating 3rd down conversions......I'm pretty exhausted but it was great to be there.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So do I. Leave 300 closed and put them all down below. Maybe the next game they'll approve 10k....

This...let more fans in. A couple more thousand fans sitting in the 300s wouldn't have changed much IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

Here's my report:

Arrived at the stadium right around 11:30AM. Parking was smooth and orderly.

Walked right up to the gate, had to show the first woman the negative covid test from there it was to the next usher to show the e-tickets and into the stadium.

Concourses and bathrooms were obviously wide open.  As kickoff neared the first thing I noticed was how full the lower bowl felt for there only being 6700 fans.  We were the only 2 in my entire row (section 117, row 15) but scanning the entire stadium it had more of the feel of a game with 12-15k than it did 7k, it was strange.  During warm-ups Poyer came over with a football and was having a little pitch and catch with the fans in the stand ala JJ Watt.  The last throw he chucked up to about row 25 and let the fan keep the ball, pretty cool, until the security guard came up and took the ball back 5 mins later (lame, IMO)

As far as the noise level, it was obviously no where near what its like when you have a packed house , but at the same time those 7k fans created a much louder atmosphere than anticipated.  I left thinking that 7k def. gives you some type of juice and atmosphere, not a huge one, but something.  I dont think it'll happen this season but if 10% can create a decent atmosphere, 20-25% I think would be really nice.

I also have to mention there was one foursome in front of us that I thought were unfairly kicked out of the game.  2 of the 4 were fairly intoxicated and the masks seemed to be slipping  down as they hooted and hollered.  There was a heavy set police officer down on the field who kept motioning to them to raise their face mask.  To be fair, I'm not sure if they even saw the officer.  In the 2nd half the officer called security down and they didn't really even give a warning, they just told him he had to leave.  I thought it was a bit much, didn't surprise me, but I thought it was handled pretty poorly.  Leaving was also fairly smooth, with the usher dismissing the section from higher rows to lower rows.  Once we were back at the car it took us about 20 minutes to get out of the parking lot.

Overall fun experience, but my voice isn't built up properly for live game yelling, pretty horse right now.

Good luck and enjoy to those that get the opportunity this coming weekend.  Who knows, maybe there will be a 3rd home game, stranger things have happened!

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 12