Was our pass rush counting to 5 Mississippi today before they rushed?

jkx2

12 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Rivers is one of the least sacked QBs in the league.  They have a really good oline and get rid of the ball quick.  We wont face another team like that this season.

Exactly, plus it seems as though create pressure up the middle generally and the QB often slides off his mark and is hurried, they are excellent up the middle and did a good job of keeping Rivers clean all day

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Go home @jkx2 you’re drunk. 

this was designed. Rivers doesn’t get sacked. The bills brought 4 and dropped into coverage vs the best OL in the league against a HOF QB who gets the ball out quick. 

this is not the game to check the DL for the stat column. 

I agree - the way the Bills D-Line played was specifically done to limit the running game.

The Bills rushed trying to contain the gaps to prevent runs and also rushed with an eye to screens - rather than trying to get a ton of pressure on Rivers.

It was pretty obvious to most people exactly what the game plan was and it worked through the first 3 quarters.  Don’t let them run and force Rivers to beat you all the way down the field.  It lead to 10 Indy points and a 14 point deficit through 3 quarters in a game Rivers was nearly perfect.

6 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I agree - the way the Bills D-Line played was specifically done to limit the running game.

The Bills rushed trying to contain the gaps to prevent runs and also rushed with an eye to screens - rather than trying to get a ton of pressure on Rivers.

It was pretty obvious to most people exactly what the game plan was and it worked through the first 3 quarters.  Don’t let them run and force Rivers to beat you all the way down the field.  It lead to 10 Indy points and a 14 point deficit through 3 quarters in a game Rivers was nearly perfect.

Exactly right! It amazes me how little “fans” know about football when their agenda is to criticize.

• Like (+1) 2

What pass rush ? The D definitely needs something Oliver was really a none factor for being all they said he was and that he would be better in the NFL because he was playing out of position in college .

Given his size and what the "Experts say" is a great first step i would like to see them try Oliver as a D end on a couple of snaps just to mix it up and keep the other team guessing i think he could raise some hell from the edge he just doesn't seem to have enough size to be really effective where he is especially given the hype .

Look at Peters he was a TE at first now he's one of the best at the position because of the change. Logan Thomas is doing good with the change I think it's at least worth a try . You don't know he could be a HOF DE his size i think is better fit for that than where he is  .

Kyle was 6' 1" 302 lbs - DL 

Jerry is 6' 2" 256 lbs - DE 

Oliver is 6' 1" 287 lbs  DL  

Bruce is 6' 4" 265 DE 

I think Oliver could be a really really good DE he's a lot closer to Bruce size than he is Kyle or most other D lineman body type and he has a great get off why not ?