Was our pass rush counting to 5 Mississippi today before they rushed?

jkx2

We need a Diggs for the defense, so to speak. We need that dominating presence on the DL that can be so disruptive.

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Rivers is one of the least sacked QBs in the league.  They have a really good oline and get rid of the ball quick.  We wont face another team like that this season.

Exactly. The Colts OL is way better than ours.

If you remove the Steelers game, Rivers only got sacked 14 times in their other 15 games this year.

Their line is amazing and he gets the ball out quick. The frustration is understandable, but the context is super important. Oliver got some pressures, we got a couple passes batted down, and I think they tried to focus on staying in their gaps to stop the run rather than running games/stunts etc.

33 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

It was a delayed rush strategy that the Colts haven't seen all year.  Kinda like a delayed rush by a MLB.  I hope we don't use it no more because it won't be as effective since it's on film now.  Go Bills!!!

Wait, it won't be AS effective as it was today?

i don't think I've ever seen a worse pass rush than Bills had today. 

1 hour ago, jkx2 said:

To watch Rivers stand back there all day with little pressure and never being touched was infuriating and a big problem. They better find a pass rush in their magic hat by next week.

We faced the best OL in the NFL. So not surprised at the zero sacks. Also, I am inclined to be a bit kind to our D-Line since they did come thru on the goal line stand.

That said, I don’t disagree that our D-Line is not elite. We do need Epenesa, Oliver, Hughes and Addison to step up their play especially on 3rd down and long.

Bill’s scheme is to apply pressure with the front four down linemen. Not only is Colt’s line very good but they kept at least 5 guys in pass pro. Good luck with that. Plus Rivers is good against the blitz. Bills did not cover well at all. Lots of blown assignments. Either that or p-poor preparation. Not their finest hour by any means.

Franky had them ready w a scheme to beat our d.  Half the time rivers wasn't even looking at his wrs, who generally got well covered, backs and tes where there all day.  This sorts reminded me of the tenn game, where we handled henry but Tanny Jill murdered us, with timely passes and qb runs.

They converted so many consecutive third downs, it drove me mad.  The fact that they never got an penalties, and almost never had negative plays was the real rub.  After they get to 3rd and 6+, a single hold destroys those drives.

I think small changes can help us, but as a team they were our worst match up, mainly because they are without major weakness anywhere, and it was our first playoff game and there were some jitters.

Colts were a top 10 team in Offense, Defense and Special Teams and the Bills beat them with their C game. What makes their Offense special is their O-Line. Their D-Line and LBs are amazing for D. They were motivated and clearly riding the Underdog bus; they looked motivated. If that team still had Andrew Luck they'd be unstoppable imo

Their O line as we all know are beasts even without their starting left tackle.  The referee team we had throws the least amount of penalty flags league wide/ also the Colts O line was mugging Oliver & a few other interior rushers more than a few times. 

12 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

It was disturbing although the Colts OL is very very good.  They don’t give up sacks very often. 

The Colts were #2 in Sacks allowed at 21 in the regular season.   The Steelers are tops with 14 sacks allowed