Gotta hand it to the colts...they are better then I thought

6 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

They matched up well. McDermott and Frazier will need to spend the offseason trying to figure out how to stop the run and deal with TE’s. Play in these two areas of the game has been a weekness in the Bills D for too long.

I think that is why this was a bad matchup for us: their TEs.

The Colts 3 TEs caught 14 of Rivers' 27 receptions, or 52% of the catches. They had 136 yards and a TD combined. We usually have Milano to match up against the top TE of a team, and he does that really well. But, they have 3 good TEs standing, 6'6", 6'5", and 6'2". If they put two TEs in and both go out for a pass play, we have a mismatch on the second TE (in height and strength). You can't have Milano and Edmunds both in coverage too often with the threat of the Colts run game. Their Offense just matched up well vs. our defense.

As to the run game, yes, we gave up some big chunk plays in the 4th quarter, but I think that was a product of having to adjust to the success of their passing game (and the TEs specifically). The Bills defense pretty much shut Taylor and the Colts run game down for three quarters. At the start of the 4th quarter, the Colts had 59 yards rushing on 20 carries, for a 2.95 yards/play average. Then they had 3 huge chunk runs (2 by Hines and 1 by Taylor). I thought the run defense was good overall, they just got burned a few times late, probably for over compensating to the pass game (thinking Indy has to throw with the score and time remaining---and because that was what had been successful for Indy to that point in the game).

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Made us more one dimensional then we already are....their special teams also played very well.......

They have a decent team

I agree, bro!

Once the bills went up by two touchdowns, I kept saying “there’s no way they can come back. They’re not built for it”. Then, they did. Thankfully, it wasn’t enough.

Go bills!

There have been several games this season where the other teams’ receivers are catching jump balls and the Bills’ D is missing tackles and they need Allen to bail them out.  Not the best formula.

Also, if Luck hadn’t retired, the Colts would be up there with the Bills and Chiefs as the class of the AFC.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

They matched up well. McDermott and Frazier will need to spend the offseason trying to figure out how to stop the run and deal with TE’s. Play in these two areas of the game has been a weekness in the Bills D for too long.

Complete guess and I have no info but it's crossed my mind that Frazier will be moved on from in the summer. The pegulas touting him as a head coach got me thinking this. Not sure if Mcdermott had more impact as the d got better during the season 

A lot of people, including myself, did not realize he good they were. 

4 first team All Pros.  2 Second team All Pros.

11 total wins having won 4 of last 5.  Could easily have had 12 wins and a 6 game winning streak. Only loss they blew 17 point lead against the Steelers.

Most importantly they passed the eye test. Had they won today they would have been a threat to win it all. 

That was a big win. 

Go Bills.

Edited by BITE ME
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Made us more one dimensional then we already are....their special teams also played very well.......

They have a decent team

Yeah, kind of silly how many of us (including me) were rooting to play Indy last weekend. turns out that was a terrible matchup for us. feel really fortunate to get outta there.  i’m not sure they aren’t better than anyone else we would see next weekend 

Honestly, I have no idea why anyone would have believed this was going to be an easy win. This is a really tough playoff field this year in the AFC. Any of the teams are truly capable of winning any game they play. Indianapolis may have been the most complete team the Bills have faced all year.

6 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I get they were the 7th seed, but that was out of their control really. They had 11 wins. They were top 10 on offense, defense and special teams. Reich is a very good coach. They may be the most complete team the Bills play. 

The Steelers,  Titans and Ravens (our possible divisional opponents) are all stacked in the 3 phases of the game and very well coached.   Every game will be a battle.  As a 13-3 team, we are their targets.... We have to continue to fight through it and keep reminding ourselves that we are the 13-3 team 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The Steelers,  Titans and Ravens (our possible divisional opponents) are all stacked in the 3 phases of the game and very well coached.   Every game will be a battle.  As a 13-3 team, we are their targets.... We have to continue to fight through it and keep reminding ourselves that we are the 13-3 team 

The Steelers offense is not as good as the Colts. They have no running game which plays into the Bills strengths. Their special teams are not as good as the Colts. 

The Titans defense has been atrocious. Utterly, atrocious and no where near as good as the Colts. Their special teams are not as good as the colts. 

The Ravens are better than the colts. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The Steelers offense is not as good as the Colts. They have no running game which plays into the Bills strengths. Their special teams are not as good as the Colts. 

The Titans defense has been atrocious. Utterly, atrocious and no where near as good as the Colts. Their special teams are not as good as the colts. 

The Ravens are better than the colts. 

Titans score alot of points like the Bills