Gotta hand it to the colts...they are better then I thought

They were also playing with the emotion of everyone in the media saying they had no chance. That must have given them an extra 10% today. I really thought they'd squeak this one against us purely because of that. Thank god we made it through. Shows how touch this Bills team is.

I won't feel as nervous about next week's no matter who we play. I think the team will also play looser without that weight around their necks - it must make a difference to some degree.

Hopefully we're not big favorites next week as well

• Like (+1) 1

Field position killed us in the first half. 
I was super worried our defense would be 100% gassed by the 4th. 
I think Indy executed what they needed to very well but I also think we had a terrible defensive game plan. 
Rivers should never ever have that much time to throw, and those lame duck box out throws to the tight ends was really frustrating. 
In the end, I think Indy should of won that game. We didn’t play our best and they gifted us repeatedly. 
All those dropped passes by their backs is unusual. The dumb calls by Reich. Allen of course gifted them on the fumble as well. Happy we won, but hope we play better in the future 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I said all along they were one of the teams I didn’t want to face.  Very good D, all world LB and DT, star studded OL, RB with breakaway speed, HoF QB and a great coaching staff.  

Rivers was a beast on so many of those 3rd down conversions to the TEs.  

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Field position killed us in the first half. 
I was super worried our defense would be 100% gassed by the 4th. 
I think Indy executed what they needed to very well but I also think we had a terrible defensive game plan. 
Rivers should never ever have that much time to throw, and those lame duck box out throws to the tight ends was really frustrating. 
In the end, I think Indy should of won that game. We didn’t play our best and they gifted us repeatedly. 
All those dropped passes by their backs is unusual. The dumb calls by Reich. Allen of course gifted them on the fumble as well. Happy we won, but hope we play better in the future 

It’s probably how Texans fans felt after the wild card game last year.  A win is a win.

• Like (+1) 1

You kind of knew a Frank Reich team would come in prepared.  Heck I think he was the brains behind the Eagles Super Bowl win.  Although whosever decision it was to go for it on 4th and Goal before halftime for the Colts REALLY came back to haunt them.  

I think though the year of the 1990 Super Bowl run the first game against the Dolphins was the toughest that year?  Same thing with The Comeback in the 1992 season.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

0 pressure on Rivers all game worst I’ve seen all year!

They invested a small fortune invested in their O-line after getting Andrew Luck pummeled into retirement.  They are very good.

22 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I knew this game would be a dog fight.

11 wins. minus that week 1 debacle against JAX, they went 11-4 and beat some very good teams including the packers 

And really should have beat the Steelers but for a second half collapse.  Steelers hit a few big plays, but I thought Indy was the better team.

• Like (+1) 1

My Colts thoughts:

1.  No quit in those guys. I’m very impressed. 
2. Rivers with big throw after big throw. 
3.  Frank. You should have kicked the FG. 
4.  Bad break on the doink. 
5. Dline and Oline are impressive. 
6. Hard not to like Cox and Pittman. 
7. Absolutely solid game plan. Kudos. 

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Made us more one dimensional then we already are....their special teams also played very well.......

They have a decent team

They won 11 games, only 2 less than us.  When was the last time the lowest seeded team to qualify for the playoffs won 11 games.

They also were not a good matchup for us in that they run the ball well which we struggle with.

I also think we were a bit conservative in the 1st half with play calls.  The one series, we got about  an 8.5  yard gain on 1st down, then ran the next two plays for no gain, in fact may have lost yards, against a defense that is stronger at stopping the run and had one of their starting CB's out for the game.  All year we won with the pass today we tried more to establish the run than normally we'd pass to set up the run.  Maybe it was due to our poor field position all half?

51 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I mean they were an 11 win team. Usually you play a 9-7 or 8-8 team in the wild card round. But the AFC is stacked. 

And in any other year, they wouldn’t even have qualified for the post season.

1 minute ago, london_bills said:

We only won because Allen played another stellar game. The missed FG was huge aswell. 

The Bills can't keep putting it ALL on Allen.  He really came through today, as he always does - but up 24-10 with a quarter to play?  His job should be over.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Bills just didn't play well, the defense looked off all game. The offense thought they were a run first team for most of the game.

Wed have to wait for the all22 but I think those runs late in the 3rd/early 4th when we were up two scores completely surprised us.  If one of those Colts late td drives was 6 or so minutes instead of 2 that game is never that close down the stretch