The colts fumble that was not called

YoloinOhio

This is the reason conspiracy theory's exist about the officials and Buffalo. Officials should be fined, fired or put through requalification training. I will never let this go and was saying to the 10 guys I was working with that they won't call this a fumble. They all responded there is no way they could not call that a fumble. Then the slow motion replay came on and they all said again that is a fumble. I bet them all 10$ that the call will stand and there will be no fumble, after the slow motion replay they said it was a no brainer and get my money out. The ref says call on the field stands, I made 100$ and said that what's its ***** like to be. Bills fan, ***** these officials. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bermuda Triangle said:

But why should the bolded make a difference?

No referee ever wants to be put in that position, and I don't blame them.

If there is even a smidgen of doubt, you stick with the call on the field and move forward.

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

If there is even a smidgen of doubt, you stick with the call on the field and move forward.

I guess that mindset explains why the officials are so bad at their jobs.

A ball is rolling past T.Y. Hilton and one official calls it complete.  In the Rams game, Cam Akers is down for a solid 2-3 seconds, and the officials rule a fumble on the field.

They use replay as a crutch, and that's weak.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bermuda Triangle said:

I guess that mindset explains why the officials are so bad at their jobs.

A ball is rolling past T.Y. Hilton and one official calls it complete.  In the Rams game, Cam Akers is down for a solid 2-3 seconds, and the officials rule a fumble on the field.

They use replay as a crutch, and that's weak.  

That's one of the reasons I think replay shouldn't even exist.

• Haha (+1) 1

Thank god I was at work because I would've put my fist through the drywall more than a few times. I probably would've ripped the whole sheet out of the studs. The garage at Nicor gas for guys on standby has a nice 60 inch tv in the garage area, after that call I wanted to throw a pipe wrench right at the TV. 

25 minutes ago, Simon said:

There is a word for that.  It's called cowardice.  "Lack of integrity" works as well.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Down ruled on field.  They will say: Inconclusive.  It was anything but.   They simply don't have balls to end game on that call.

That’s exactly how I felt...”let’s not end it this way” was the reason for letting it stand

28 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yeah, no sorry.

You get the calls right so you are a better officiating crew and have more chances to get paid for playoff games and one day officiating the Super Bowl.

5 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

There is a word for that.  It's called cowardice.  "Lack of integrity" works as well.

This is so true. Supposedly these are professional referees that are VERY WELL PAID. Grow a pair and make the right call.

As gambling legally picks up around the country, hopefully they can add some pressure to the NFL to fix this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

They didn't want the game to end on the call, period, end of story. It's ok to admit it refs

That's exactly what happened. While that refs head was in the booth, New York was telling him to just let it go we're not gonna end the game this way. My head almost exploded when we did not get that reversal. It's a shame to see the NFL still have the power to choreograph games. That fumble was no different then the music city forward lateral.

• Awesome! (+1) 1