The colts fumble that was not called

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, Simon said:

Then why did McDermott get his TO back if htey lost the challenge?

It was because the officials stopped the game for a review at the same moment McDermott called TO.

That is correct, I think the official sad that after they announced it wasn’t being overturned.

8 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

They waited until the very last second? to blow it dead simultaneously with the time out call by McD that is beyond incompetent

They always wait as long as they can

• Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

No the officials were going to let the Colts run a play until McD called a TO. The idiots in the replay booth realized at that time there might have been a legit fumble and then reviewed it. If Mcd doesnt do that the Colts run a play and there is no review. Thats how insanely incompetent the booth crew were in this game!

This!  The League is CRIMINAL with the "pushing" outcomes!

Thank Gawd McD ate his brain food this morning 🌄!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I think they gave it back because the officials in the booth/ NYC realized that they had made a major mistake by not instantly reviewing it and telling the officials to blow it dead. There was several seconds for them to review it and its the replay officials upstairs that have to intervene and tell the refs to stop everything. They waited until the very last second? to blow it dead simultaneously with the time out call by McD that is beyond incompetent. Then they double down on their ineptness by not overturning the no fumble call. Totally inexcusable! I bet those idiots were breathing a sigh of relief that the Bills won after taking a longer look at it!

The replay team is supposed to wait until the ball is about to be snapped.  If they stop it earlier it benefits the offense like a free timeout.

What we don’t see and can’t know is exactly when the buzz comes, but McD did it right to make sure.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Virtually everyone agrees it was what is was: a fumble.  Thankfully the Bills overcame it.

Yup!  If they are gonna go down the tech, camera wormhole... Then unpack the micrometers!  I don't wanna hear any excuses.  Clearly Poyer didn't touch him.  Poyer was loaded ready to punch the ball upon getting up!

Overall the refs today were mediocre. but that was before the garbage fumble decision at the end. That unfortunately pushed them into a crap rating. They confirmed some good replay calls but they did miss 2 facemasks on Bills players and at least 3 delay of games on Rivers (that were quite clear). One good thing is they didn't call any BS holding penalties or any blind side blocks. But our standards are so low when it comes to the NFL officials that even mostly poor performances by these officials are now held up as acceptable.

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

This!  The League is CRIMINAL with the "pushing" outcomes!

Thank Gawd McD ate his brain food this morning 🌄!!!!

That’s what I’ve been saying. The only reason the play stopped was because of a timeout. The Bills last timeout. From the time of the player “down”, the fumble, the recovery, the questioning, setting the ball, lining up, running a play.... there was plenty of time. Lucky we had a timeout. If not, that pass, that play the Colt ran after would have counted.... if so, you really think the officials would have said “that play didn’t count”... now the Colts get robbed and it’s a bigger mess.

The only reason it was reviewed was thankfully the bills had a timeout and used it...

2 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Overall the refs today were mediocre. but that was before the garbage fumble decision at the end. That unfortunately pushed them into a crap rating. They confirmed some good replay calls but they did miss 2 facemasks on Bills players and at least 3 delay of games on Rivers (that were quite clear). One good thing is they didn't call any BS holding penalties or any blind side blocks. But our standards are so low when it comes to the NFL officials that even mostly poor performances by these officials are now held up as acceptable.

They didn't rule the TreyDay coverage incomplete a PI, late in game.   At least they got that going.  I thought Bills were gonna get screwed on that play!

Poyer got screwed out of a brilliant game winning play (definitely appeared to actually let the receiver get back up) because refs are afraid to make a call that ends a playoff game.

10 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

How about at least one ref trying to call that one Colts sideline pass a catch?  The one that doinked right off the receiver and bounced away.  That automatically disqualifies the refs from mediocre.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Poyer got screwed out of a brilliant game winning play (definitely appeared to actually let the receiver get back up) because refs are afraid to make a call that ends a playoff game.

How about at least one ref trying to call that one Colts sideline pass a catch?  The one that doinked right off the receiver and bounced away.  That automatically disqualifies the refs from mediocre.

Yes I forgot about that one!! That was also bizarre!

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Riveron seems to blow more calls than he gets right.

It's crazy to me the guy is stil in that position.  I hope a media storm grows with this one to throw some more egg on his fat face (and I don't even know if he's fat)

Why can't the NFL be competent in this review process.  How hard is it with some of these calls.  I think the NFL has also made a mistake to put a face (possibly a fat one) on the whole replay system to make it (at least appear) like it comes down to one incompetent buffoon.  In the NHL people don't care about some guy named Jacques Rivieron - it's the Situation Room in Toronto - at least gives the impression of a crack team of experts in a room full of wall to wall HD monitors.

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

He was clearly off the ground but was difficult to say with 100% certainly that Poyer's hand wasn't touching his back prior to the knee coming up off the ground..  I don't think it was, but since they called him down by contact becomes difficult to overrule if can't tell with absolute certainty he wasn't touching him .

If it had been ruled a fumble, never would have been over ruled either.

Oh man the picture evidence is clear.  You seriously need glasses.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1