The colts fumble that was not called

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

By the way, Poyer got robbed of a moment here because the entire NFL world should be talking about his 4-D chess play that won the game.  Waiting for Pascal's leg to leave the ground...I don't even understand how he thought of that in the heat of the moment.

Right on, Sage. Lost in all the tumult of the blown video review, Poyer was *incredibly* clever on that play. He knew that he had help coming from MIlano to bring Pascal down, so he clearly waited for the dude to get up to strip the ball. And he processed all that in just a few hundred ms. What a player ... 

• Like (+1) 3

I have not read all the comments here but just want to say that, watching in Germany, the commentator was Bjorn Werner the ex Colts DE.

He said it is a fumble in real time - "das ist ein fumble - GAME OVER" the capitals he spoke in English . I just want to send good vibes to him because he called it without any bias to his former team.

If only the NFL officials could be as sincere.

I might be wrong and his co-commentator said it (they we not pictured on screen) but they both agreed it was a fumble after watching Pascal's knee and White's clear recovery.

Haven't heard the commentary in English yet but I am exhausted and super happy that we won and now going to sleep. I was so crushed after Houston last year, this is my first Buffalo playoff win as a fan.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, quincy said:

I have not read all the comments here but just want to say that, watching in Germany, the commentator was Bjorn Werner the ex Colts DE.

He said it is a fumble in real time - "das ist ein fumble - GAME OVER" the capitals he spoke in English . I just want to send good vibes to him because he called it without any bias to his former team.

If only the NFL officials could be as sincere.

I might be wrong and his co-commentator said it (they we not pictured on screen) but they both agreed it was a fumble after watching Pascal's knee and White's clear recovery.

Haven't heard the commentary in English yet but I am exhausted and super happy that we won and now going to sleep. I was so crushed after Houston last year, this is my first Buffalo playoff win as a fan.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

To quote Rasheed Wallace "BALL DON'T LIE"

This is honestly one of my favorite sayings in sports - unfortunately, it's not actually always the case. But nice to say when it works out lol

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

On the broadcast it was close but there was no doubt.  None.

Yes, calls should be made based on what’s right. There’s the potential of error in every call that’s made, but they shouldn’t be made out of concern for heavily impacting the outcome, just in case that 1 % chance we might be deceived by the video. 

1 minute ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Even by letting the call on the field stand, they still  potentially decided the game.

Agreed. But I don’t think that was the refs’ thinking. Boomer made a good comment after the game— it was a heads-up play by Poyer. He intentionally waited for Pascal to get up. So you penalized that good play. I feel like the refs saw it more like it would be a gift to the Bills to rule That a fumble— I think that subconsciously at least played a role. 

• Like (+1) 2

It would've been a travesty if that call helped decide the outcome of that game. That was a fumble 150%, I just don't understand how you can review a play, with super slow motion, all those angles, and STILL get the call wrong.

Has there been any word from the league as to why they didn’t think this was a review-worthy play until after the Bills were forced to finesse protocol and allow the ref crew time to get their heads out of their asses?

Edited by Ecmic82

48 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

They didn't want the game to end on the call, period, end of story. It's ok to admit it refs

I said this exact same thing to my wife. 

In the regular season, absolutely. Not in the playoffs though. 

The problem with it, is how transparent it is. And how stupid they think we are about the game we invest so much time and money into. As if we aren’t smart enough to know the rules. How many of us have been “making the call with AT&T” our whole lives. 

Thankfully, we have a team and coaching staff, that doesn’t allow themselves to be defeated by calls like this. 

Edited by RobbRiddicksTDLeap

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I shouldn't be this pissed because the Bills won.

But the NFL replay official can ***** off forever. This was too obvious. Just make the right call. This is the whole reason the stupid replay system exists.

It feels weird to me. In the day we would have lost this game, and I’d be furious about that call. I expected to win this one, and it’s still infuriating. I can’t stomach the idea the NFL can’t get calls right that a small town Pop Warner official could with a replay. 

• Like (+1) 1