The colts fumble that was not called

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, Simon said:

It was a crazy smart play form Poyer but he might have had his hand on his back  for a split second before he got up.

It was close enough that I would not have overturned it either, especially when it would have ended the game.

He didn’t touch him before he got up, and the visual evidence is as clear as day. No need to be contrarian about this one. It was a straight up fumble.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

I didn't believe that there was any chance whatsoever that any ref is overturning that call right there, so I only watched the initial replay and then went in the kitchen for a minute while the rest of the replay was ongoing, so I'll take your word for it.

That being said, his hand was close enough to his back that I would not have overturned that call to end the game.

If you taped the game, go back and watch. It is obvious.

I would say to stop the beechin.  

The Bills are no longer the wide right, music city miracle heart crusher of a team.  They have that monkey off their back, including a PLAYOFF WIN!!!  

Those Bills would have lost the game after that call.

Now that would have been bad.............

Edited by jethro_tull

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

I didn't believe that there was any chance whatsoever that any ref is overturning that call right there, so I only watched the initial replay and then went in the kitchen for a minute while the rest of the replay was ongoing, so I'll take your word for it.

That being said, his hand was close enough to his back that I would not have overturned that call to end the game.

There is a still photo upthread with the knee off the ground and the hand off the back.  It was 100 percent clear.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

He didn’t touch him before he got up, and the visual evidence is as clear as day. No need to be contrarian about this one. It was a straight up fumble.

It probably was and it's not a hill I'm going to die on because I didn't watch it that closely.

But it was close enough that the call on the field was going to stand; no referee is unilaterally ending the game on that call.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

It was clear and obvious to me and everyone else who watched it except the one guy who made the decision to let it stand, apparently.

Should have sealed the game.

BUT, you have to be prepared to to overcome bad calls. Glad the team was able to.

Al Riveron made the call! Jeezus H. Christ. Interesting that both Steratore and Pereira are tweeting about this. I don’t think they hold high opinions of Riveron.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

There is a still photo upthread with the knee off the ground and the hand off the back.  It was 100 percent clear.

I saw the screengrab and it looked like it was taken underwater.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Al Riveron made the call! Jeezus H. Christ. Interesting that both Steratore and Pereira are tweeting about this. I don’t think they hold high opinions of Riveron.

Riveron seems to blow more calls than he gets right.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

Then you are just as bad as NFL officiating, it wasn’t even close. They should lose their jobs over that call it was that bad.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I was pacing back and forth and celebrating that it was definitely a fumble. I still can’t believe it wasn’t called that.

The Bills are so snake-bitten, I never celebrate until the final call is made - no matter how obvious the facts may be.  

Even when the final Hail Mary fell incomplete, I waited until the teams were walking off the field before I was convinced a late yellow flag wouldn't ***** the game away from us.  Only then did I yell in exultation.

• Like (+1) 6

The nfl got rid of the awful going to ground rule i think the the same year Riveron took over. Went from competent enforcement of a bad rule to magic eight ball enforcement of everything.  Riverton is awful and the change was palpable. He needed to go a long time ago.

We used to lose games when a late controversial call went against us.

We won this game despite a hugely important call not going our way  in the closing minute.

These are your new Buffalo Bills.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 3