What Did Indy do on D?

I know the Bills scored 27 points, Josh threw for over 300 yards, and the Bills won.  Yet the every yard and every point seemed to be a struggle.

What did Indy do to slow down our offense?  Will we see more of the same next week?

I'm like a lot of fans - my eyes tend to follow the ball.  I never took the time to analyze or understand Indy's defensive game plan.  Whatever it was, it worked fairly well.  

• Like (+1) 2

I am not sure they "did" anything really. They simply executed at a very high level. They are a good team with good players that is very well coached. Sometimes simply executing well beats doing a lot of things. Bills defense operated with a similar philosophy for much of last year.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I am not sure they "did" anything really. They simply executed at a very high level. They are a good team with good players that is very well coached. Sometimes simply executing well beats doing a lot of things. Bills defense operated with a similar philosophy for much of last year.

This. Make no mistake, the Colts are good and they all wanted this a bit extra for Rivers. They executed at a high level in all 3 phases. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I know the Bills scored 27 points, Josh threw for over 300 yards, and the Bills won.  Yet the every yard and every point seemed to be a struggle.

What did Indy do to slow down our offense?  Will we see more of the same next week?

I'm like a lot of fans - my eyes tend to follow the ball.  I never took the time to analyze or understand Indy's defensive game plan.  Whatever it was, it worked fairly well.  

Hard to say, but they have fast linebackers and it seems like on those dump passes and short ones to Beasley that the secondary were right on them. No extra yards after the catch on a lot of plays.

As difficult as their defense made it for us, we did put up 27 points and if not for one blown up crazy play we probably would have put up 30-34.  I think we have to face the reality that we probably are not going to put up 50+ points every game. 

4 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Their D played alright and definitely had playoff-level intensity but it would have been a laugher if ours had played even decently.  We still put up 400 yards despite allowing them to possess the ball a long time.

The Colts had 472  total yards while we had 397.     TOP was 34:17 Colts and 25:43 Bills.     Colts also had some misses .  Rivers missed over threw that open receiver in end zone and the missed field goal by the dude with the glasses.    Could have easily been a Colts win as well.  So hopefully the coaching staff takes a good look at film and plans better for next week.    

• Like (+1) 5