Pray its the Steelers

On 1/9/2021 at 5:16 PM, bobobonators said:

I fear no one other than the Chiefs. 

If we get the Steelers (as I pray), we may not have to face the Chiefs. We just may get the Ravens. I fear nobody, as I think we CAN win against anyone. I also know that all the teams left are capable of beating anyone. Every win is precious at this point. Survive and advance....... then hoist that Lombardi trophy! 

29 minutes ago, QCity said:

I'm watching a defense go on the road and hold the NFL rushing champ to 40 yards, and his team to a grand total of 209 yards. I'm watching a team that's won it's 6th straight game. No, there isn't a team in the league right now that would "handle them rather easily" and you just might find that out the hard way.

I think titans were a worse matchup for us than the ravens but thats just my opinion.  Our speed at linebacker should help us against Baltimore but the titans are a big physical team that would just run us over.  I think indy Ten and Cleveland are the worst matchups for us although Baltimore may be better than all three on paper.  

If lamar is gonna drop dimes in between our zone coverage to his tight ends like rivers did against us we won't win though obviously lol

Doesn't matter who we play. If we give up the middle of the field up like that its going to be rough. They really could use a space eater on the line because our coverage still needs help. Even with that I thought the DBs had one of the better game for the position groups.

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

If we get the Steelers (as I pray), we may not have to face the Chiefs. We just may get the Ravens. I fear nobody, as I think we CAN win against anyone. I also know that all the teams left are capable of beating anyone. Every win is precious at this point. Survive and advance....... then hoist that Lombardi trophy! 

I think we can beat anyone too, but that doesn't mean I'm not scared as hell of KC and Lamar.

Pitt doesn't scare at all.  I guess it helps that we just beat them. 

I will be pulling for Pittsburgh tonight.  

12 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I think we can beat anyone too, but that doesn't mean I'm not scared as hell of KC and Lamar.

Pitt doesn't scare at all.  I guess it helps that we just beat them. 

I will be pulling for Pittsburgh tonight.  

Putting Lamar and Baltimore in the same category as KC is really ridiculous. Why would anyone be scared of Baltimore?  The are an incredibly limited football team.  The couldn't beat the Steelers even when they were folding.  They struggled with the mediocre Browns too.  The Titans team they beat was a shadow of the early season team. The Packers humiliated the Titans just a couple weeks ago. 

The Chiefs on the other hand are an absolute juggernaut.  They are not limited at all.  We should be scared of them.  They were 23-1 in their last 24 heading into last week when they rested everyone.  They will destroy the Ravens if they play them next weekend.  All this talk about them struggling the last few weeks is ridiculous.  They looked totally uninterested.  They will be incredibly tough to beat in the playoffs.

Edited by BITE ME

I'm not big into hoping for certain teams......unless it was to play Tua and the Dolphins.

It may sound dumb and a little superstitious, but that whole "be careful what you wish for" thing can really come back and but you sometime.  So, for me, it has been whatever happens, happens.  Whoever we end up having to play is who it is.  No preference.  We're trying to win the Super Bowl.  There is no easy way to do that.  We're going to have to beat very good teams to do it.

I may feel this way because i honestly believe we are good enough to beat anyone.  Not that we are unbeatable by any means, but if we play our best football, I think we can beat any team.  My biggest fear is a COVID outbreak to the wrong players or us getting in our own way.  We saw yesterday that this coaching staff still can come up with ways to slow our own team down.  We were blowing out teams for weeks using a ton of play action, motion, jet sweep action, eye-candy, etc.  All of a sudden, that stuff wass nowhere to be found and we decided we need to run the ball WAY more than we should have.  Not really sure what the heck this staff was thinking.

Every running play we had, you could just hear the Clots thanking us because they knew that the only way they could win was to take the air out of the ball and make it a running game.  We all knew they were going to try to do it, but why we did it to ourselves I will never understand.  Josh completed 74% of his passes, even with multiple drops by our best receivers and was throwing the ball to every area on the field.  And, for whatever reason, they just decided to waste multiple downs trying to get a couple yards on a run play.

Just when I thought this staff finally had it figured out that the best way to win games is to let Josh Allen throw the ball all over the field, picking his 2-3 spots to take off, and just let Allen be the MVP we know he is, they changed everything that had been successful for us the last 2 months.  They better have learned that that stuff isn't going to work for this team.  We are going as far as Allen can take us.  So, use the play action, the motion, all the eye-candy, and let Allen throw laser beams all over the field.  If we lose because after winning 13 games during the season be being aggressive all of a sudden the coaches decide running the ball and balance is a better way to go, I just don't know what we'll do.  I can live with losing to a team that actually plays better than we do.  But if we do lose, we better go down swinging with what got us here in the first place and not some conservative game plan.

So, who do we want to play?  It doesn't matter.  Just don't beat ourselves trying to overthink things.

If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. Bring on Baltimore...I would love to see the two most-maligned, first-round QBs of that 2018 draft face off toe-to-toe for a chance to meet the Super Bowl Champs. If the Bills were to get to or win the Super Bowl this year, I don't want people to have any excuses (they had an easy road, etc.). Fear no one, prepare hard, play strong, and may the chips fall where they may.

The Bills showed last year that they can somewhat contain Lamar. They proved in the Niners game, the first NE game, and the Pitt game that they can play physical teams. They'll just have to prove that they can beat another heavy TE team. But the Colts game should have hopefully taught them some lessons.

I feel like we'll probably get Pittsburgh, as the Browns have so much going on, but sometimes teams like that rally together and pull off the improbable. So, I will just take it as it comes. As will McDermott and the Bills. You need confidence to win a championship and you don't display confidence by hedging your bets, but instead by going all in. 

5 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I cannot wait to face the Ravens!

We matched up very well against Baltimore last year.   It will be a tough game for sure.

I knew that Pittsburgh was bad but had no idea that they would lay an egg like this. They are not playing inspired and look defeated. 

1 minute ago, JTown said:

We matched up very well against Baltimore last year.   It will be a tough game for sure.

I knew that Pittsburgh was bad but had no idea that they would lay an egg like this. They are not playing inspired and look defeated. 

They looked defeated all of December.