Pray its the Steelers

I think this high degree of confidence regarding the Steelers is a really bad take. While our Sunday night victory against them was hard-earned and impressive, Pittsburgh was at a low health ebb. Roethlisberger especially, was playing on a hyperextended knee and couldn't step into his throws or shuffle (a strength of his) in the pocket.

Any of our three potential opponents are going to be big challenges next week and the Steelers will be just as difficult as the Ravens or Titans.

Have we learned nothing on this board?  All week long I read so much trash talk about how we were going to dominate the Colts.  We barely escaped with a victory.

Whoever we face in round 2 will be a major challenge.   If it is Pittsburgh,  they will be ready for us.  Big Ben will be affective just like Phillips was.

I am all for supporting our team, but let's show a little class, and display some understanding of how difficult the road to the Super Bowl is through the AFC.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's the division round, prepare for a good team and a tough matchup. 

I honestly don't like playing teams we just beat. I think the losing team plays better the 2nd game. Look at the Rams and Seahawks. 

Totally agree.  Pittsburgh will be tough.  But I would still rather face the Steelers in the divisional round.  Hopefully, if the Ravens move on, the upset KC.  

This would be the best scenario if we get to the conference finals.

1 hour ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Definitely want the Squeelers to win!

Let KC be upset by either of the two survivors and the Bills play for the SB at OP!

Meat Packing Company- that I knew.

“The football team took its name after Curly Lambeau, a shipping clerk for the company, successfully asked the company's owner, Frank Peck, for money for jerseys and use of the company's athletic field in 1919.” Wiki

That, I didn’t.

Should have been named the “Peckers” 😂

Im not entirely sure that the Steelers are a better matchup for us than the Titans. People fear the Titans due to what happened when we played them, but they’re the least balanced team left in the AFC. (Maybe the browns.) 

Im rooting for the Titans and the Steelers today. 

1 hour ago, RochesterLifer said:

I think this high degree of confidence regarding the Steelers is a really bad take. While our Sunday night victory against them was hard-earned and impressive, Pittsburgh was at a low health ebb. Roethlisberger especially, was playing on a hyperextended knee and couldn't step into his throws or shuffle (a strength of his) in the pocket.

Any of our three potential opponents are going to be big challenges next week and the Steelers will be just as difficult as the Ravens or Titans.

Agree completely. They are getting healthier. For instance, Spillane is back. That dude hits harder than Tyler Mankavatch and covers very well. 

And how can people discount Ben R, especially if he is healthier? I heard a lot of chatter about how washed up Rivers is, and he looked exactly as the same guy that always picks the Bills apart. Ben R is a wily vet, with a ton of big game experience. He’s not going to wilt in a divisional Playoff game. I would expect his best football. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Great win.   Take em any way you can get em.  But.... 

As predicted in my ill fated "Ottis Anderson" topic, Colts did exactly what the Giants did in SB 25 and were a blown 4th down play and a rookie kicker boinkapotamus from pulling it off.  Colts D every bit as good as advertised. 

Not liking a matchup with Ravens (especially) or Titans, if what we saw today is what we will get.   I say Go Steelers.  What say you?  

Go Bills.! 

I say you are an unrepentant fatalist. I think our squad can find a way against whichever team rolls into Orchard Park next week.

If we win it all this year I want it to be because we took down all comers, not because we got a lucky draw.