Yeldon or Williams?

IBTG81

7 hours ago, MJS said:

He has 7 career fumbles. 2 with the Bills.

So not very many then, as compared to most running backs, over a career.

As Impressed as I was with Williams I think they go with the player they trust the most. Who they trust with the blocking assignments, trust not to fumble the ball, trust with who won’t drop the ball when thrown at him.  

14 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

With the way we use the short passing game as a running game at times, Yeldon could be more versatile than Williams, but Williams is the more pure runner of the two. 

Fixxer, you make a good point and if Yeldon clears, that is an option.  Consider that role could be handled by Singletary, or Beasely, or McKenzie if another week off heals up his ankle.  We also need Moss to pound it for that last 2 yards and 3rd and 2.  He seems to do well there and Williams could help in that spot.  It’s not like either of them will get as much time as motor.

My vote (not that I have one) is Williams.  He could pleasantly surprise us.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

So not very many then, as compared to most running backs, over a career.

Prior to joining the Bills he had 1 fumble for every 127 touches.  But last year he fumbled once on 28 touches and this year once on just 11 touches. 

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

Prior to joining the Bills he had 1 fumble for every 127 touches.  But last year he fumbled once on 28 touches and this year once on just 11 touches. 

Thanks for the info, Without playing constantly ones skills tend to not be as sharp, I see this as mostly a product of how infrequently he is actually used. Regardless of my fan opinion, I know SM will do what our game plan for the next game requires, so not particularly concerned. 

Go Bills!!!

4 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

I’m actually surprised we don’t see more Yeldon. He’s a very good receiver out of the backfield and we don’t run the ball, but I don’t work here.

People forget he is/was a very good receiving back before signing with the bills

If it's known he will play and we game plan a few plays for him, I think he would be an asset to play