Yeldon or Williams?

IBTG81

6 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

The major negative about Yeldon is he tends to fumble the ball a lot.

There might be a little recency bias with him given his Titans game fumble with us driving.

Seven fumbles on 677 touches in his NFL career isn't terrible.  It was a major problem for him coming out of college though.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

There might be a little recency bias with him given his Titans game fumble with us driving.

Seven fumbles on 677 touches in his NFL career isn't terrible.  It was a major problem for him coming out of college though.

The funny thing is it was a pre-season game where he fumbled twice that landed him in McDermott's dog house. I really can't believe he is still on the team since he rarely sees the field.

One thing McDermott can't stand is a fumbler. Ask Moss about that during the SF game.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I think we'll see Wiliams brought up as insurance against Singletary/Yeldon going down for a COVID reason the night before or the day of the game.  Yeldon was that guy (for Singletary/Moss before), but with Moss out there's no such safety net.  So we see Williams elevated and then inactive on Saturday. 

*And by "elevated" I mean that Williams will be one of the two PS players added to make "55" this week. 

I vaguely recall a fumble that was launched into the air against NE in the home game last year.  That was more or less the end of Yeldon's shot to be a primary ballcarrier here. 

Maybe Stills or Dane Jackson as the other?

I really liked a lot of what Jackson has done this year. 

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I want Williams based on what he did against the Dolphins. (Though I recognize that was late in a game when the Fins were already beaten down.) But McDermott will likely go with the guy better at blitz pickups. Probably Yeldon.

That's why I'd like to see Williams added. Remember the Steelers game, when Moss and the Bills ran over seven minutes off the clock in the fourth quarter? I can see Williams doing that to Baltimore, just as he did against Miami. Maybe worth a spot in the lineup only for that possibility.

40 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Maybe Stills or Dane Jackson as the other?

I really liked a lot of what Jackson has done this year. 

I'm gonna go with potentially Darron Lee.  Stills seems less likely to me, unless something is wrong with Brown/McKenzie and they want someone with speed to run jet sweep/pop pass here and there.  Speed at LB seems much more important to me in this case if we approach Jackson like we did last year.  I can see us sitting Andre White, dressing Dodson in his place (ST takes a back seat here), and going either with Lee or maybe even Antonio Williams (less likely) in place of Gilliam (ST is really taking a back seat in that event).  

Bates probably could fill the TE3 role, especially if they're planning on running 4 wide much of the game.  I suppose if the gameplay is really receiver heavy we might see Stills just so an injury to a WR doesn't knock us out of the game.  But I kind of wonder if we're going to see Lee as a counter to Jackson. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I only remember one since he’s been here (last year vs pats) what are the others? He barely plays. Did he fumble this year? 

The Pats fumble, IIRC, was pretty bad.  He kind of got flipped and the ball launched from his arm.  I doubt McD trusts him.  

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think I erased that entire game from memory. so he’s lost one fumble in 2 years in limited touches. I wouldnt categorize that as he fumbles “a lot”.

Well prior to the Bills it wasn't a lot.  He's fumbled more per touch since joining the Bills.