Yeldon or Williams?

IBTG81

22 hours ago, motorj said:

Yeldon is a bad blocker for allen

No he was very efficient in Pass Pro with Jags

20 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

it’s odd. Didn’t he even play for daboll I college? 

No as Daboll spent only 2017 there and Yeldon was there 2012-2014

7 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Whomever picks up the blitz better is the guy I want to see this week.  More Lee Smith this week, too?  We shall see.  

This.   Yeldon is proven here and is a very good receiver.    Watch some of his old highlights.  He is great at chipping then getting ready to catch the pass and his patience when he runs might be exactly what we need.  Blitz pick up requirement this week and the need for a quick target makes me want to see a lot of yeldon...even over motor. 

• Like (+1) 3

I'm not banging the drum for Yeldon, but can someone explain why he never really got a lead back role?  No burst?  Vision?  Too easy to bring down?  I've not watched him enough.  Pretty good resumé though.

Injuries plagued his first 2 years, then the Jags drafted Fournette and he's never had a chance since.  https://tdalabamamag.com/2020/05/16/t-j-yeldon-a-forgotten-man-wants-back-in-the-nfl-limelight/

TJ Yeldon's Bills career:

4.9 yards per attempt and 10.4 yards per reception. 6.8 yards per touch.

27 rushes, 127 yards. 14 receptions, 146 yards receiving. 2 fumbles (obviously not great), and 1 TD.

I posted this in the Freeman thread but it probably belongs here. Yeldon is obviously not a world beater, but come on. He hasn't been bad here in his limited snaps. I'll accept fumbles as an argument, but it's too flukey for me.

Edited by Tuel Time

1 hour ago, Tuel Time said:

TJ Yeldon's Bills career:

4.9 yards per attempt and 10.4 yards per reception. 6.8 yards per touch.

27 rushes, 127 yards. 14 receptions, 146 yards receiving. 2 fumbles (obviously not great), and 1 TD.

I posted this in the Freeman thread but it probably belongs here. Yeldon is obviously not a world beater, but come on. He hasn't been bad here in his limited snaps. I'll accept fumbles as an argument, but it's too flukey for me.

I remember him losing a fumble last year against Cincinnati but I don't remember the fumble this year. It happened against Tennessee but I don't remember it at all, he didn't lose the ball on that one at least. 

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Don't think   

Just say Williams 

I’d be 1000% fine with that too.  After all, they keep yeldon hidden away like a bastard love child.  Maybe it’s for good reason. 

I don’t think this will be a tough decision for the coaches. Whoever gets the nod has my support. 

Edited by teef
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think the Bills braintrust will go with the experience of Yeldon. They value the STs and probably won’t sit T. Jones in favor of both Williams and Yeldon. Williams could be used in short yardage/ goal to go type situations but the numbers look like he will sit for this one. 

• Like (+1) 1