Yeldon or Williams?

IBTG81

Why did we sign Yeldon, pay him millions of dollars, and just never use him? He fumbles one time and you bench him for two years? Is he just here to coach up Singletary and Moss? I thought he was actually decent but the coaches obviously don't agree. He actually has two games of playoff experience with Jacksonville where he was useful. I would absolutely love to know what kind of communication the coaches have with Yeldon and his playing time, I really can't see them going to him now.

2 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

Why did we sign Yeldon, pay him millions of dollars, and just never use him? He fumbles one time and you bench him for two years? Is he just here to coach up Singletary and Moss? I thought he was actually decent but the coaches obviously don't agree. He actually has two games of playoff experience with Jacksonville where he was useful. I would absolutely love to know what kind of communication the coaches have with Yeldon and his playing time, I really can't see them going to him now.

it’s odd. Didn’t he even play for daboll I college? 

1 hour ago, Big74Mac said:

Does anyone know the status of Zach Moss?

I've only seen speculation that he is likely done for the playoffs with the ankle injury.

3 hours ago, motorj said:

Yeldon is a bad blocker for allen

I thought blocking was one of his strong points..

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

I think the obvious choice is to go with Yeldon because has NFL production as a runner and receiver, and despite his limited role the last two seasons they've kept him on the team which says to me he knows the playbook and been an asset off the field. 

Agreed. This moment is why he is on the team. He's not a bad player, and he will be healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

Going back to the Bills Titans game stats Yeldon was 3/3 on third and short. I’m not sure if we’ve seen that from another back the last few years.  

8 hours ago, BearNorth said:

I think Daboll could use the Williams/Singletary combination on the admittedly small percentage of running downs effectively.  I don't think Yeldon can gain 3rd and 2 up the gut.  Williams can.

yeldon 3/3 on third and short v Titans this year and made all look easy. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BearNorth said:

I think Daboll could use the Williams/Singletary combination on the admittedly small percentage of running downs effectively.  I don't think Yeldon can gain 3rd and 2 up the gut.  Williams can.

You must not have watched the Titans game this year or the first Pats game last year. 

12 hours ago, dneveu said:

Yeldon. 

12 career carries?  In garbage time of a blowout week 17 game?

I agree that it may be a stretch, but he looks like the most explosive RB we have.  I think he had fumble problems at UNC, so that may be holding him back.....but he passes the eye test and looks like he could be another James Robinson type imo

On 1/10/2021 at 8:13 PM, Codyny13 said:

I’m actually surprised we don’t see more Yeldon. He’s a very good receiver out of the backfield and we don’t run the ball, but I don’t work here.

I think it is a numbers game....Singletary and Moss were the primary RB with Taiwan Jones on ST backing them up,  The Bills choose to have more WR and TEs on the game day roster than RBs....There is no place for Yeldon.

What surprised me was not having Yeldon on the field against Miami.   They should have sat out Moss and had Yeldon play.  Instead they had Williams come in. 

It tells me that they are looking for a battering ram type RB for the playoffs behind Moss. 

On 1/10/2021 at 9:40 PM, Jobot said:

Yeldon hasn't had a carry since the Tennessee game... and only 10 carries on the season vs 12 carries (all against Miami) for Williams

Williams was in there for a reason against Miami. He's gonna feast on the Ravens in snowy Buffalo Saturday Night!

That would be so awesome.  Josh wouldn't know what to do if he didn't have to carry the team himself.  It's getting to the point where its not even worth him doing play action because the D knows he's gonna sling it.

• Like (+1) 1