Yeldon or Williams?

IBTG81

I’m thinking we have a multi page thread on this currently.... 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

I don't know how good Moss and Singletary are because this year there is no full-back on the team.  I think the Bills need a full-back on the roster next year that helps on third down blocking but also adds a new options for Josh a Full-back out of the backfield on passing plays make teams cover everywhere.

Yeah we still miss that deep pass to DiMarco in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Considering Dane Jackson is inactive and Josh Norman is in, you can see how much McD favors experience, even at the expense of pure talent.

Yeldon clearly will be active, the question is will we elevate both backs if TJ seems rusty.   Williams sure looked like a beast vs Miami, and that was no preseason game.

Fumbling is an issue with Yeldon, maybe Williams will get the nod.  I hope they go with the kid.   Is he a pass catcher?

Fumbling is not an issue with Yeldon.  His career fumble rate is the lower than Singletary's.  Devin has 5 fumbles in 374 touches (rush and receiving) for a rate of 1.3%. Yledon has 7 on 677 touches and a rate of 1.0%.   Moss technically has no credited fumbles on the year, but he was part of a bad exchange and lost fumble earlier this year that was credited to Allen as the last person having possession of the ball.  

Yeldon is better as a pass catcher.  Next week do they want to run between the tackles or get rbs on backers as a favorable matchup?  I think Yeldon fits the offense better.  Against Baltimore or Pittsburgh I like Yeldon on their backers.  Its an element the offense hasnt been heavily utilized.  On the other side Williams brings a silimar running style to Moss.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Yeldon is better as a pass catcher.  Next week do they want to run between the tackles or get rbs on backers as a favorable matchup?  I think Yeldon fits the offense better.  Against Baltimore or Pittsburgh I like Yeldon on their backers.  Its an element the offense hasnt been heavily utilized.  On the other side Williams brings a silimar running style to Moss.

I know that Yeldon has soft hands and is a good outlet, but not sure what we have in Williams to dismiss that role out of hand.

He did not post much in the receiving column when playing for NC, but that can also just be offensive game planning or scheme. He did do some kick return duty.

Tough to say whether he would be a great asset or hurt us. As a pure running back he may well be better than Yeldon, but knowledge of our offense, pass-pro duties, and when and where to release as an outlet option for Allen, Yeldon probably is more capable at this point.

52 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I wouldn’t be so quick to pass on Williams. He seems to be a bruiser and  most simply fills in that role for Moss. If it were Singletary that were hurt, I’d say it’d be Yeldon no doubt 

Yeldon is still the biggest RB and has the same top speed as Williams. I like TJ in short yardage situations too. As good as Williams was against the Fins, they worry demoralized at that point and I worry about putting a rookie into a playoff game with so much pressure. I'd go with the Vet, and my guess is McD does too... He could call up them both. 

Edited by Motorin'

Yeldon offers nothing to this team

literally, nothing. We don’t need a RB that can catch passes, we have 7 WR’s deep who can do that 

we need someone who can actually run the damn football down the defenses throat. Willams and it’s not a discussion 

On 1/9/2021 at 2:05 PM, Devilmann said:

I liked what Williams did against Miami I would like to see more to be honest. 

it would definitely be nice to add some production from the running game. Saying that whoever pass protects and catches the ball better should be the guy. We are not winning with the ground game this year. I think it will be Yeldon. 

We don’t need a RB who can catch passes out the backfield. 

there is a reason why he has rarely been active all season. Williams is the type of RB this offense has been crying out for this entire season. A bull rusher than runs with a purpose and can wear a defense down. 

Give the rookie an opportunity and he will flourish. He is probably more hungry to show what he’s got than anyone on this team right now. 

• Eyeroll 3

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

We don’t need a RB who can catch passes out the backfield. 

there is a reason why he has rarely been active all season. Williams is the type of RB this offense has been crying out for this entire season. A bull rusher than runs with a purpose and can wear a defense down. 

Give the rookie an opportunity and he will flourish. He is probably more hungry to show what he’s got than anyone on this team right now. 

I would love to see Williams play in the divisional game.  But do you think McDermott would go with the lack of experience over a veteran?  I hope he does.